Lea County deputy arrested in child s...

Lea County deputy arrested in child sex investigation (4:27 p.m.)

There are 5584 comments on the Las Cruces Sun-News story from Sep 1, 2010, titled Lea County deputy arrested in child sex investigation (4:27 p.m.). In it, Las Cruces Sun-News reports that:

State police say a Lea County sheriff's deputy has been arrested in an investigation involving sex crimes against two children.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Las Cruces Sun-News.

skip

United States

#5603 Feb 18, 2013
and who while someone was giving testimony blew a kisses at the witness i think thats called intimidation of a witness and there were six witness to this action

Since: Apr 12

Maple Valley, WA

#5604 Feb 18, 2013
skip wrote:
and who while someone was giving testimony blew a kisses at the witness i think thats called intimidation of a witness and there were six witness to this action
Please enlighten us on who that was?
Suckerfree

Hobbs, NM

#5605 Feb 18, 2013
That is what you call a daughter's love for her mother,even through all this crap. rose choose to ignore the facts of the case. Imagine your mom turning her back on you in a time of great need. that old hag is cold blooded.

Maple Valley, WA

#5606 Feb 18, 2013
Suckerfree wrote:
That is what you call a daughter's love for her mother,even through all this crap. rose choose to ignore the facts of the case. Imagine your mom turning her back on you in a time of great need. that old hag is cold blooded.
Rose is heartless!! She chose a piece of crap over her own family!! I hope she is broke!!! She may have to move in with family! Maybe with her crazy sister Margaret or maybe even Christine and her jerk of a husband Bob!!
Scary

Maple Valley, WA

#5607 Feb 18, 2013
skip wrote:
Okay...Mr/Mrs Lawyer...Please show us where that falls in this statute:

New Mexico Statutes

A. Bribery or intimidation of a witness consists of any person knowingly:

(1) giving or offering to give anything of value to any witness or to any person likely to become a witness in any judicial, administrative, legislative or other official cause or proceeding to testify falsely or to abstain from testifying to any fact in such cause or proceeding;

(2) intimidating or threatening any witness or person likely to become a witness in any judicial, administrative, legislative or other official cause or proceeding for the purpose of preventing such individual from testifying to any fact, to abstain from testifying or to testify falsely; or

(3) intimidating or threatening any person or giving or offering to give anything of value to any person with the intent to keep the person from truthfully reporting to a law enforcement officer or any agency of government that is responsible for enforcing criminal laws information relating to the commission or possible commission of a felony offense or a violation of conditions of probation, parole or release pending judicial proceedings.

B. Retaliation against a witness consists of any person knowingly engaging in conduct that causes bodily injury to another person or damage to the tangible property of another person, or threatening to do so, with the intent to retaliate against any person for any information relating to the commission or possible commission of a felony offense or a violation of conditions of probation, parole or release pending judicial proceedings given by a person to a law enforcement officer.

C. Whoever commits bribery or intimidation of a witness is guilty of a third degree felony.

D. Whoever commits retaliation against a witness is guilty of a second degree felony.
Smack

Lovington, NM

#5608 Feb 18, 2013
Six witnesses? So your saying six people were paying attention to the audience and not the witness giving testimony? I'm sure this was a misintrepretation. The person was actually having an anxiety attack and couldn't breath. When you are frantically gasping for air, you make all kinds of hand gestures.

Since: Jan 11

Springfield, IL

#5609 Feb 27, 2013
Any news about sentencing yet?
Suckerfree

Hobbs, NM

#5610 Feb 28, 2013
BevOKC wrote:
Any news about sentencing yet?
sentencing will be on 3-20-13 at 9:00 am.

Springfield, IL

#5611 Feb 28, 2013
Suckerfree wrote:
<quoted text>sentencing will be on 3-20-13 at 9:00 am.
Thank you. Any news about the next trial?

Renton, WA

#5612 Feb 28, 2013
Sentencing on the 20th, and I am hoping for the full 18 years!!!
SUCKERFREE

Hobbs, NM

#5613 Feb 28, 2013
BevOKC wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you. Any news about the next trial?
I do not know about the next trial date, but I did find it interesting, that on NM courts .com there are 2 sentencing dates on 3-20-13. 1 at 9:00 and another at 10:00. don't know what that means,but guess we will see.

Springfield, IL

#5614 Feb 28, 2013
SUCKERFREE wrote:
<quoted text>I do not know about the next trial date, but I did find it interesting, that on NM courts .com there are 2 sentencing dates on 3-20-13. 1 at 9:00 and another at 10:00. don't know what that means,but guess we will see.
I saw that too. I know they will not unvoid the last trial. I wonder if there is a plea in the other case? Anyone heard about a plea agreement?
Brendas_Friend

Lombard, IL

#5615 Mar 1, 2013
I am deeply sorry to hear of Brenda’s passing and my heart felt sympathy goes out to her family and those that love her. She was a truly good spirit intent on defending those amongst us who could not defend themselves, and it was most likely because of the abuse she endured at the hands of others who should have been protecting her. If only she was still here to see one of her abusers finally pay for the inhuman acts he inflicted on her, and others through the years…She will be missed.
Can anyone here tell me why Brenda’s “Shanda Sharer” website has been taken down?
Hobbs

Hobbs, NM

#5616 Mar 4, 2013
Brendas_Friend wrote:
I am deeply sorry to hear of Brenda’s passing and my heart felt sympathy goes out to her family and those that love her. She was a truly good spirit intent on defending those amongst us who could not defend themselves, and it was most likely because of the abuse she endured at the hands of others who should have been protecting her. If only she was still here to see one of her abusers finally pay for the inhuman acts he inflicted on her, and others through the years…She will be missed.
Can anyone here tell me why Brenda’s “Shanda Sharer” website has been taken doswn?
I believe that was a website Brenda Sue had been paying for. I'm not sure who the website provider was. Bev do you know?

Springfield, IL

#5617 Mar 4, 2013
Brendas_Friend wrote:
Can anyone here tell me why Brenda’s “Shanda Sharer” website has been taken down?
I am Brenda's sister and I know the scholarship website is still up at http://simplysue1958.webs.com/shandasscholars...

I know she would want the website to continue and Shanda's memory to be honored.
Brendas_Friend

Lombard, IL

#5618 Mar 5, 2013
BevOKC wrote:
<quoted text>
I am Brenda's sister and I know the scholarship website is still up at http://simplysue1958.webs.com/shandasscholars...
I know she would want the website to continue and Shanda's memory to be honored.
Thank-you. The site was down as people were asking me why, and when I looked I discovered it was down too. This was Friday
Rainrider

Carlsbad, NM

#5619 Mar 10, 2013
Scary wrote:
Wonder what excuses we will hear now!!!!! Team Danny should be ashamed!!!!
As I think I said in my first post, if I was wrong I would be man enough to say so. It does seem I was wrong in not thinking that Danny did this for that I am sorry. However I am not sorry that I spent my time in prayer for the truth to come out. I am how ever still some what confused as to how some one that did so much good for others, could do a thing like this.

Renton, WA

#5620 Mar 11, 2013
Rainrider wrote:
<quoted text>
As I think I said in my first post, if I was wrong I would be man enough to say so. It does seem I was wrong in not thinking that Danny did this for that I am sorry. However I am not sorry that I spent my time in prayer for the truth to come out. I am how ever still some what confused as to how some one that did so much good for others, could do a thing like this.
Well unfortunately there are many people who you think do, and yet have a dark side. I'm glad the truth did finally come out! Now everyone can try and move on.

Springfield, IL

#5621 Mar 11, 2013
Rainrider wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not think anyone is all good or all bad. Danny has helped a lot of people in his life and deserves credit for his kindness.

I do not understand the abuse but do know that he was exposed to it in his family life and this may have contributed to his compulsions. I am not an expert but I hope he can get counseling and maybe even help others while he is in prison.

Thank you for coming forward and admitting you are wrong. I can understand how you could support Danny. If he had not molested my sister, we would have both been supporting Danny all along.

God bless and I am looking forward to this horrible time ending with the sentencing next week.
YepYe

Broken Arrow, OK

#5622 Mar 20, 2013
well in less then an hour we will know the fate of a child molester!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Las Cruces Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Former President Clinton to campaign for Hillar... 8 hr Its you not them 152
attorney general meets in private with bill cli... 20 hr Bloodonhishands 1
News Martinez prefers to stick to issues (Jun '10) Tue Harold P 6,867
bobsie twins (two liars on stage together) Jun 28 Bloodonhishands 1
please come see me Jun 28 Yes Baby 26
las cruces sun news sucks! Jun 27 Stopthepaperfools 2
Young Sweet Med/small female dog Jun 27 pecanloco 2

Las Cruces Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Las Cruces Mortgages