Lea County deputy arrested in child s...

Lea County deputy arrested in child sex investigation (4:27 p.m.)

There are 5584 comments on the Las Cruces Sun-News story from Sep 1, 2010, titled Lea County deputy arrested in child sex investigation (4:27 p.m.). In it, Las Cruces Sun-News reports that:

State police say a Lea County sheriff's deputy has been arrested in an investigation involving sex crimes against two children.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Las Cruces Sun-News.

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#5481 Oct 1, 2012
TheTruth15 wrote:
I am hoping that Danny is just waiting until the last minute to take a plea.
I wish he would and spare everyone the pain and trauma of another trial. Myself, I don't think he will admit his guilt. I hope I'm wrong.

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#5482 Oct 9, 2012
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57528616/...

Even people with friends in high places have to pay their debt to society and their victims.

30 to 60 yrs. for Sandusky! Hell yeah!!!

Since: Apr 12

Renton, WA

#5483 Oct 31, 2012
I don't want to get lost...keep this going.

Since: Jan 11

Springfield, IL

#5484 Nov 2, 2012
Is everything still set for 2/11/13 trial dates?

Since: Apr 12

Maple Valley, WA

#5485 Nov 4, 2012
BevOKC wrote:
Is everything still set for 2/11/13 trial dates?
Last I checked, yes everything is still set for 2/11
Sam

Adair, IA

#5486 Nov 4, 2012
I will be there! To SUPPORT THE GIRLS & THEIR FAMILY!
mimi

United States

#5487 Nov 13, 2012
Wow u idiots r still at this huh give it up already!!! Shit not everyone beives he's guilty and we do pray for HIM and his family that have been distroyed by vicious lies being told!!!!

Since: Apr 12

Renton, WA

#5488 Nov 16, 2012
mimi wrote:
Wow u idiots r still at this huh give it up already!!! Shit not everyone beives he's guilty and we do pray for HIM and his family that have been distroyed by vicious lies being told!!!!
Yep, we're still here chatting amongst ourselves, not letting this die down until it's over. So Mimi, if don't like what you're reading, stay off, please!
Suckerfree

Lovington, NM

#5489 Nov 19, 2012
mimi wrote:
Wow u idiots r still at this huh give it up already!!! Shit not everyone beives he's guilty and we do pray for HIM and his family that have been distroyed by vicious lies being told!!!!
you are the idiot. he was found guilty once, on 2 counts. granted he was released on a technicality, but that did not mean, not guilty,
now with Matt Chandler , and the 2 other counts being brought back. Shit that boy better enjoy his holidays, probably going to be his last.

Since: Apr 12

Renton, WA

#5490 Nov 19, 2012
Suckerfree wrote:
<quoted text> you are the idiot. he was found guilty once, on 2 counts. granted he was released on a technicality, but that did not mean, not guilty,
now with Matt Chandler , and the 2 other counts being brought back. Shit that boy better enjoy his holidays, probably going to be his last.
I think with Matt Chandler being the new District Attorney for this case is why so many of the Danny supporters are quiet. And I agree, probably going to be the last time he will enjoy his holidays as a free man.
Suckerfree

Lovington, NM

#5491 Nov 19, 2012
I wonder how things are going with the oldest daughter of Danny's suing her own daughter for custody of the granddaughter.
it all sounds like a bunch of backwoods shit.
Danny's brother is on trial to for molesting his own granddaughter.
I bet family reunions are a f****** blast.
Justlaughing

Lockhart, TX

#5492 Nov 19, 2012
Well as usual you people got everything twisted and backasswards. It must really suck to spend your every free minute thinking of ways to twist and turn everything you hear around to suit your own pathetic lives. No one is suing anyone for custody.of a grandchild. You people really need a life. I just cant wait for this to be over so everyone can see what a huge bunch of liars some of these people really are. Dont want to mention any names but Suckerfree, Simplysue, Thetruth 15 and the rest of those sad excuse for humans running their mouths are. OOps said I wasnt gonna mention names so scratch that. Im curious how much money you people get paid for sticking your nose in everyone elses business? If its not much now dont fret because when this is all over with and done a few of you will be paid in full. Ill make sure of it. That is all!
Truth will set you free

Lovington, NM

#5493 Nov 19, 2012
Justlaughing wrote:
Well as usual you people got everything twisted and backasswards. It must really suck to spend your every free minute thinking of ways to twist and turn everything you hear around to suit your own pathetic lives. No one is suing anyone for custody.of a grandchild. You people really need a life. I just cant wait for this to be over so everyone can see what a huge bunch of liars some of these people really are. Dont want to mention any names but Suckerfree, Simplysue, Thetruth 15 and the rest of those sad excuse for humans running their mouths are. OOps said I wasnt gonna mention names so scratch that. Im curious how much money you people get paid for sticking your nose in everyone elses business? If its not much now dont fret because when this is all over with and done a few of you will be paid in full. Ill make sure of it. That is all!
People know that Danny is Guilty, and it is funny to me "justlaughing" that you and others always bring up money. It shows how shallow you really are. Also I read in the paper about Heather requesting custody of Jennifer daughter. I feel she failed her over over for example she said she was molested by Hollys husband and yet you all still have him around your son's and daughter? Almost like it was ok. Maybe too you it is because that is what you know, but she is lost and yet to make things worst your taking HER daughter, and putting her daughter in harms way with the Surratt cycle. Sick. Why don't you Heather open your eyes and help Jennifer? SHE NEEDS A MOTHER. Stop the vicious cycle You should portect them girls. You father, your Uncle and Your Brother-in law. Wow !!! All this is Public Record.
SMACK

Lovington, NM

#5494 Nov 20, 2012
Well I think Someone hit a nerve! JustLaughing is JustCrying now.

Since: Apr 12

Renton, WA

#5495 Nov 20, 2012
Justlaughing wrote:
Well as usual you people got everything twisted and backasswards. It must really suck to spend your every free minute thinking of ways to twist and turn everything you hear around to suit your own pathetic lives. No one is suing anyone for custody.of a grandchild. You people really need a life. I just cant wait for this to be over so everyone can see what a huge bunch of liars some of these people really are. Dont want to mention any names but Suckerfree, Simplysue, Thetruth 15 and the rest of those sad excuse for humans running their mouths are. OOps said I wasnt gonna mention names so scratch that. Im curious how much money you people get paid for sticking your nose in everyone elses business? If its not much now dont fret because when this is all over with and done a few of you will be paid in full. Ill make sure of it. That is all!
You will make sure I get paid in full? Really, please enlighten me! When this involves my family, damn straight I am going to be right there! I know you have no hope left, the trial is coming up, and Matt Chandler and Andrea Reeb will make no mistakes and put Danny behind bars where he belongs!!
Justlaughing

Lovington, NM

#5496 Nov 20, 2012
First to Truth will set you free. You have no clue what your talking about. You may think your in the know about everything that goes on but you dont. You can pretend to know all you want and thats ok. If it makes you feel important then by all means knock yourself out. To Smack, well your name says it all. just talkin smack. No nerves touched here. I find it all comical. Finally The Truth, In all fairness, which Im sure thats something you know nothing about, I do believe everyone on this particular topic should get exactly what is coming to them. I truly believe that.I believe if you make your bed then you should lie in it. I believe that in my heart. That being said, yes I will do my best to see to it that you get paid in full. I have no animosity towards anyone that speak their mind. Everyone will agree or disagree but when you speak about things you have no clue about or you know deep in your heart that what you are saying is an out and out lie, well you deserve to reap what you sow. Karma is an ugly ugly thing. It can truly be the beginning to the end.When you know the facts and speak the truth, then I believe you will be saved.When you know the facts and tell a lie then you must keep lying just to cover the last lie and it never ends until one day all of the lies are laid out in front of everyone and the real honest to goodness truth will be seen and then those people shall reap the whirlwind. It wont be pretty im sure of that. This is neither for or against anyone, it just the cold,hard TRUTH.

Since: Apr 12

Renton, WA

#5497 Nov 20, 2012
Justlaughing wrote:
First to Truth will set you free. You have no clue what your talking about. You may think your in the know about everything that goes on but you dont. You can pretend to know all you want and thats ok. If it makes you feel important then by all means knock yourself out. To Smack, well your name says it all. just talkin smack. No nerves touched here. I find it all comical. Finally The Truth, In all fairness, which Im sure thats something you know nothing about, I do believe everyone on this particular topic should get exactly what is coming to them. I truly believe that.I believe if you make your bed then you should lie in it. I believe that in my heart. That being said, yes I will do my best to see to it that you get paid in full. I have no animosity towards anyone that speak their mind. Everyone will agree or disagree but when you speak about things you have no clue about or you know deep in your heart that what you are saying is an out and out lie, well you deserve to reap what you sow. Karma is an ugly ugly thing. It can truly be the beginning to the end.When you know the facts and speak the truth, then I believe you will be saved.When you know the facts and tell a lie then you must keep lying just to cover the last lie and it never ends until one day all of the lies are laid out in front of everyone and the real honest to goodness truth will be seen and then those people shall reap the whirlwind. It wont be pretty im sure of that. This is neither for or against anyone, it just the cold,hard TRUTH.
What lies am I telling, please let me know! I was at the first trial and had to listen to Rose say how much she loved her granddaughters and they were her world, but yet did NOTHING when they told her what Danny had done! I had to listen to all the other testimony from Danny's side, which was a bunch of BS!! I know Danny and Rose personally, and the thought of what he did to those girls sickens me!! I use to give him a hug hello when I would see him, thinking he was a nice guy!! The TRUTH is Danny has been found guilty once, and he will be found guilty again. He is only out based on a technicality, not because he is innocent!
Truth will set you Free

Hobbs, NM

#5498 Nov 20, 2012
Justlaughing wrote:
First to Truth will set you free. You have no clue what your talking about. You may think your in the know about everything that goes on but you dont. You can pretend to know all you want and thats ok. If it makes you feel important then by all means knock yourself out. To Smack, well your name says it all. just talkin smack. No nerves touched here. I find it all comical. Finally The Truth, In all fairness, which Im sure thats something you know nothing about, I do believe everyone on this particular topic should get exactly what is coming to them. I truly believe that.I believe if you make your bed then you should lie in it. I believe that in my heart. That being said, yes I will do my best to see to it that you get paid in full. I have no animosity towards anyone that speak their mind. Everyone will agree or disagree but when you speak about things you have no clue about or you know deep in your heart that what you are saying is an out and out lie, well you deserve to reap what you sow. Karma is an ugly ugly thing. It can truly be the beginning to the end.When you know the facts and speak the truth, then I believe you will be saved.When you know the facts and tell a lie then you must keep lying just to cover the last lie and it never ends until one day all of the lies are laid out in front of everyone and the real honest to goodness truth will be seen and then those people shall reap the whirlwind. It wont be pretty im sure of that. This is neither for or against anyone, it just the cold,hard TRUTH.
Sorry for you, but again I know facts... and what I put is all true. And I too believe in KARMA and that is what is happening to the Surratt family. All those girls Danny messed with. God knows and he is ready to open the door to HELL for him. Honey I don't have anything to hid in my bed so I don't mind sleeping in it at all. Now the Hard, Cold Truth... the Uncle, the Father, and Brother inlaw have all been charged with molesting Children. FACT Public Record. No where do I see you say anything about that FACT. You saying I don't know what I am talking about, but I can see the cases on line. NEW MEXICO COURTS.COM read all about it. Anyone can see that this family needs help. You poor girls I am just sorry Your Mother was not strong enough to do the right thing. But Heather she stop the cycle and HELP JENNIFER.
Truth will set you Free

Hobbs, NM

#5499 Nov 20, 2012
oh one more thing... No one is scared of you and paying us in full come on Grow UP. This is not in your control.

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#5500 Nov 20, 2012
It's really heartbreaking to know that another generation of Surratt girls are being, or have been, subjected to sexual abuse and incest.

I'll never understand how the grown women that have heard and seen evidence proving the guilt of these men continue to not only defend and support these pedophiles, but CONTINUE TO HAVE THEIR FEMALE CHILDREN AROUND THEM!

I pray that both Dan and Dick will be put in prison where they are no longer a threat to children in our families, or anywhere else. That goes for Holly's husband too.

And I also pray that Rose is charged in covering up for Danny too.

I feel terrible for Jennifer. I hope someday soon she will talk honestly with a therapist about the abuse she suffered, and how it is affecting her today. It's so damaging to keep it locked inside of yourself.

Justlaughing, as Truth will set you Free stated, no one is worried or afraid of your veiled threats. We have no intention of keeping our mouths shut about til justice is served for these young girls. You're correct about one thing, KARMA is a b@#$%.

I have a feeling you are going to have to change your name after the next trial.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Las Cruces Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Warped Tour summer lineup announced Mon West Coast Alert 2
News Las Cruces Mayor Ken Miyagishima to seek divorce (Aug '12) Mar 24 watch dog2 15
Illegals may have Drivers License Military may not Mar 24 Upset Parent 2
News Las Cruces, New Mexico Sued to Remove 'Cruces" ... (Aug '06) Mar 21 Hey troll 8
News Cattle Baron founder/CEO dies (Dec '10) Mar 17 You need help 32
nm cafe director lied Mar 16 To the Clueless L... 3
News BREAKING: Shooting reported near South Main and... (Mar '11) Mar 16 Waiter 79

Las Cruces Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Las Cruces Mortgages