New Mexico titleholder

New Mexico titleholder

There are 9 comments on the Deming Headlight story from Mar 5, 2013, titled New Mexico titleholder. In it, Deming Headlight reports that:

Tiffany S. Mejia, 24, was recently crowned Miss New Mexico U.S. International and will represent the state at the U.S. International Pageant June 27-30 in Orlando, Fla.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Deming Headlight.

conCAT

Las Cruces, NM

#1 Mar 15, 2013
An online application, interview and mailed in pictures? Doesn't sound like it was much of a state pageant or competition. It usually includes a stage and performing in front of judges then whoever wins gets crowned at the end. A phone call at the end probably sufficed for this raffling contest though.
Billy the squib

Artesia, NM

#2 Mar 15, 2013
Easy there, conCAT. You might be a little out of line. The poor girl is fincanced by GhB lobby - Las Cruces District. They only manifest themselves as strip-mall fitness centers, but dang-it-all, man....have a heart. Who else could bulk up a 10-year-old kid to 242 Lbs and later eat his own mother's face off for fun 'cause he looked like a scarecrow? Huh? Huh?

True, she'd been better genteeled if she was sponsored by a tatoo-parlor, but it could've been worse.....she could've been sponsored by law enforcement.
Billy the squib

Artesia, NM

#3 Mar 15, 2013
I just realized I forgot to adress the contestant herself. To Miss Meijia, I wish all success and contentedness in that life holds. Never forget this: sponsors, cops, or neysayers be damned; it is YOU who are the only trustworthy one in your life.
Sandy B

Las Cruces, NM

#4 Mar 15, 2013
I've never heard of miss new mexico us international before. . .
IMNEVERWRONG

Oklahoma City, OK

#5 Mar 16, 2013
Sandy B wrote:
I've never heard of miss new mexico us international before...
I wouldn't fill your mind with worthless information. Beauty pageants are demeaning and show what low values our society holds. They should be abolished. P.T Barnum first held them, a circus act for show and tell.
conCAT

Las Cruces, NM

#6 Mar 16, 2013
Iím just saying what I believe. This contest sounded more like a raffle than a pageant. What did she need help financing with? The stamps for her envelope to send her pictures in and maybe an entry fee? She may get sponsored now that she has a title. Of course no one has heard of this pageant because apparently you send your name in and get a crown and sash in the mail.

To the contestant: Good luck at the national pageant. Donít forget to smile big and perform well and maybe you will get as lucky again.
Billy the squib

Artesia, NM

#7 Mar 16, 2013
Now that I've reread my posts I still fear that I've harmed Miss Mejia's feelings and fortitude.

To you Tiffany, I'm sorry.
Anonymous

Albuquerque, NM

#8 Mar 22, 2013
I volunteer to be a chaperone for Tiffany and have my traveling expenses paid with room and board by whoever. Never been to Orlando.
X-CALIBUR

Las Cruces, NM

#9 Mar 25, 2013
HA HA HA! There probably weren't very many other contestants.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Las Cruces Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News County clerk's employees detained early Monday Mon King Joe Zarate 1
News Fred Brito fired again for using a false name (Mar '07) May 31 flynnlaci 26
News Martinez prefers to stick to issues (Jun '10) May 30 RoseAnne 6,410
affrique (May '12) May 24 gab 230
News The devil is in the application (Apr '09) May 21 Yin Simons 5
News Las Cruces man charged for biting girlfriend, h... (Mar '11) May 18 juanita 54
News Las Cruces robbery suspected located, charged May 15 King Joe Zarate 2
More from around the web

Las Cruces People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]