Area newspaper ceases publication - Lamar Ledger

There are 12 comments on the Sep 9, 2010, Lamar Ledger story titled Area newspaper ceases publication - Lamar Ledger. In it, Lamar Ledger reports that:

A local newspaper is no longer in business. The Local Buzz ceased publication the first full week in September.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lamar Ledger.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
lamarresident

Olney Springs, CO

#21 Sep 13, 2010
I just miss the days of The Lamar Daily News.......a paper everyday!!!
Cathy

Lamar, CO

#22 Sep 14, 2010
WOW, Now this is about a newspaper going under, correct?
lamarguy & PP again please stick to the subject or just call each other and rag to yourselves. Now I am not being mean to you just trying to stick to the proper subject here. Thank you.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#23 Sep 14, 2010
Cathy wrote:
WOW, Now this is about a newspaper going under, correct?
lamarguy & PP again please stick to the subject or just call each other and rag to yourselves. Now I am not being mean to you just trying to stick to the proper subject here. Thank you.
We're to much alike, just can't let
the other one have the last word.....
lamarguy

Westcliffe, CO

#24 Sep 14, 2010
you got it Panther Plumber...where else could we sound off like that and try to get the last word in but i am sorry to see the paper go under. im wondering what company is going under next...ill be in touch with that later. and you know Cathy, we are just trying to get better things going for Lamar. Ill contact the CHAMBER OF COMMERCE...perhaps they have a good idea. later. thanks Pink Panther Plumber for the reply. its all yours for tonight. Lamarguy.

Location hidden

#25 Sep 14, 2010
lamarguy wrote:
you got it Panther Plumber...where else could we sound off like that and try to get the last word in but i am sorry to see the paper go under. im wondering what company is going under next...ill be in touch with that later. and you know Cathy, we are just trying to get better things going for Lamar. Ill contact the CHAMBER OF COMMERCE...perhaps they have a good idea. later. thanks Pink Panther Plumber for the reply. its all yours for tonight. Lamarguy.
ok. lol
Cathy

Lamar, CO

#26 Sep 15, 2010
I believe we are all trying get better things for Lamar. Our elected officials need to do more in attracting it to our area. Of course everyone wants to blame the economy right now, so what was the problem in the past..? We all know the answer to that question..I digress.
lamarmom

Mcclave, CO

#27 Sep 15, 2010
I have to applaude Violet. She put up with many many difficult issues and stood strong to her morals. If any one want to give it a try well lamar welcomes a new paper. If not sit back and shut up.
I for one found Violet to be honorable to her work and the work of her paper. She did not pick and chose who got letters to the editor in but printed them all.
the buzz will be missed as we all know Lamar is slowly slipping away. So we need to do something about it. All business in Lamar struggle from time to time, but when you are reling on people to pay their bills it can make this area one of the most difficult to keep the doors open in.

Goodbye to the Local Buzz as we will miss you. And my thoughts and prayers to Violet and her family.
voice of a past citizen

Denver, CO

#28 Sep 15, 2010
The reason people leave Lamar is easy. There's no loyalty to friends and neighbors there. The community doesn't take care of it's own. There's no security for those who live there, everyone is expendable. They'll trade you in for the next guy crossing the bridge, won't look back, and don't care if you're struggling to survive. They'll use you for bait to capture the next victim.

Location hidden

#29 Sep 15, 2010
voice of a past citizen wrote:
The reason people leave Lamar is easy. There's no loyalty to friends and neighbors there. The community doesn't take care of it's own. There's no security for those who live there, everyone is expendable. They'll trade you in for the next guy crossing the bridge, won't look back, and don't care if you're struggling to survive. They'll use you for bait to capture the next victim.
Finally, someone that gets it.....
SomeDude

Abilene, TX

#30 Sep 16, 2010
I keep a stack of old local buzz issues next to the toilet for when I run out of the quilted stuff. Thats all it was good for.
oldsmoke

Westcliffe, CO

#31 Sep 17, 2010
well I am kinda depressed over it as Lamar colo is the only place where you could get a buzz for 50 cents
voice of a past citizen

Denver, CO

#32 Sep 24, 2010
TOO CUTE, oldsmoke. There had to be someone with a sense of humor!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Las Animas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Students participate in Colorado fair Apr 23 Elise Gingerich 1
News BNSF railroad plans $141 million capital progra... Feb '15 Elise Gingerich 1
Debate: Marijuana - Lamar, CO (May '11) Feb '15 easy Money 24
Cherry stems Jan '15 Jay 1
pet groomers (Jul '14) Jul '14 Indianapolis junk... 1
January 30th 2014 Community meeting challenge (Dec '13) Dec '13 ChrisTObregon 1
News PMC and High Plains at odds - Lamar Ledger (Sep '09) Sep '13 Jesus 20
More from around the web

Las Animas People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]