Area newspaper ceases publication - Lamar Ledger

Full story: Lamar Ledger

A local newspaper is no longer in business. The Local Buzz ceased publication the first full week in September.
Comments
1 - 20 of 32 Comments Last updated Sep 24, 2010
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
reader

Scottsdale, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2010

Judged:

This is not much of a loss. The Ledger is a real paper and carries the news we can beleive.
Hmm

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2010

Judged:

Based on the content and spelling of your post, reader, you must work for the Ledger.
Cathy

Wiley, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2010

Judged:

That really is too bad. At least they tried 3 times a week. The Ledger picks and chooses based on their beliefs. The Ledger does not report all the news and is very bias on their stories. And not to mention only two times a week.
Good luck to Violet on her health problems. Sorry to see the Local Buzz go.
just another guy

Holly, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2010

Judged:

With the internet you have to wonder how long any newspaper will last. A lot have fallen and most struggle to pay the bills.

I hate to see them go.
SomeDude

Abilene, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2010

Judged:

Good Riddance to that rag of a newspaper. With the way is was run, there is no suprise that business didnt last.
TexasAngel

Abilene, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2010

Judged:

When you don't pay your bills or your employees it is no wonder you go under. Like the post above GOOD RIDDANCE!!!
Aww Man

Grand Junction, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2010

Judged:

Now that the Daily Buzz is gone, where are all the Chedders going to find where the yard sales are at....bummer for them!!
KeyStone Cowboy

Lamar, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2010

Judged:

Ummm... Swap Shop!!! I Love That Show!!!
lamarguy

Westcliffe, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2010

Judged:

Well it sure was not the Daily Planet but they tried hard. People didnt pay them Im sure, lots of reasons to close and if you people who rag them want to try, you try to run a business like that. put your money where your mouth is.

not ranting but stating facts. lamar needs positive feedback to get some jobs here. its turning into a ghost town, we had people in for the Labour Day week end, wanting to know when the town was going to turn out the lights. nothing positive about that. so the Ledger prints two times a week and is bias, if thats what you know then thats what you know.

Lots of people we know go out of town to buy goods. we try to spend our money here to support Lamar. Violet has her reasons and thats the fact Jack as they say on AS the world turns. lamarguy.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2010

Judged:

lamarguy wrote:
Well it sure was not the Daily Planet but they tried hard. People didnt pay them Im sure, lots of reasons to close and if you people who rag them want to try, you try to run a business like that. put your money where your mouth is.
not ranting but stating facts. lamar needs positive feedback to get some jobs here. its turning into a ghost town, we had people in for the Labour Day week end, wanting to know when the town was going to turn out the lights. nothing positive about that. so the Ledger prints two times a week and is bias, if thats what you know then thats what you know.
Lots of people we know go out of town to buy goods. we try to spend our money here to support Lamar. Violet has her reasons and thats the fact Jack as they say on AS the world turns. lamarguy.
As his opinion comes from 'Rocky Ford".....
Lamar Girl Forever

Grand Junction, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2010

Judged:

I will miss the Garage sale adds.. Guess people will start using Swap shop more and pay for the add in the Lamar Ledger.. What about Lamar Bookoo.com ...? Many of the locals enjoy yard sales for entertainment in a town with not much to do! I hate to see a business in Lamar not make it!
another voice

Greeley, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2010

Judged:

It's always sad to see a business go under. Violet managed to keep the Buzz going for a good length of time, often against the odds. This day and age, that is to be commended!

As for the publishers and writers at the Ledger misspelling words - there are awards for that. Snaffus and errors on the news are rewarded well, as they should be. Editors would be remisss if they gave their readers no reason to fine tune their editing skills, spelling ability and grammar educations.

Those who find fault with the way things are done should be more pro-active and just get involved in DOING things. Yeah, like writing...
lamarguy

Westcliffe, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2010

Judged:

well look who came out of the woodwork. its ol PP. and darn if he didnt hide his location. and for your info im in lamar. have been for quite awhile. just speakin the truth, goofball. yep theres a good name for you. back biter think you know it all and you dont know Dick. That comes from the Movie Dick. nothing bad about it, just our saying from Kansas City years ago when Dick Nixon came to town and we provided security for him. the head lady there at the paper will probably think im ranting again, alas, i dont care, but justthought i would bring you up to date with the fact i live in LAMAR....IM ANXIOUS AWAITING YOUR REPLY...NOT!!!!!!

lamarguy.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2010

Judged:

lamarguy wrote:
well look who came out of the woodwork. its ol PP. and darn if he didnt hide his location. and for your info im in lamar. have been for quite awhile. just speakin the truth, goofball. yep theres a good name for you. back biter think you know it all and you dont know Dick. That comes from the Movie Dick. nothing bad about it, just our saying from Kansas City years ago when Dick Nixon came to town and we provided security for him. the head lady there at the paper will probably think im ranting again, alas, i dont care, but justthought i would bring you up to date with the fact i live in LAMAR....IM ANXIOUS AWAITING YOUR REPLY...NOT!!!!!!
lamarguy.
Your I.P. says Rocky Ford.
You say you're from K.C..
Now you're the expert on Lamar.
Sounds like you have left every-
where you have ever lived.
Most likely, not by your own
choosing.
Lamar Girl Forever

Grand Junction, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2010

I also am living in Lamar and have my whole life.. Don't know why this says I am in Cheyenne, Wy.. So probably many others on here aren't from where this posting website puts us.. Is there a way to change it?
johndoe

Colorado Springs, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2010

i know violet personally very close family friend, she did a good job for as long as she could at a job most of us could not do even for a couple of months. Do you know how many successful people have tried and failed at numerous things and business in there life? Answer: most of them.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2010

Lamar Girl Forever wrote:
I also am living in Lamar and have my whole life.. Don't know why this says I am in Cheyenne, Wy.. So probably many others on here aren't from where this posting website puts us.. Is there a way to change it?
If you're registered, you can go to your
profile & make changes, add a picture &
even set up a message account.....
lamarguy

Westcliffe, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2010

again as i wrote long ago, you are not worth arguing with PP. I have lived a lot of places in my life and did not ever leave a place unless i left on my own. im sure you cause trouble where you go and where are you now. in wonderland im sure. people wonder where you are those who care who really are not too many if my guess is right and im not an expert on lamar. never profess to be. but for now, we shall just say im here and there and everywhere which is fine with me. again just waiting anxiously for your reply which im sure will pop up somewhere just like you do. tell ya what ill be at the jam this sunday. come figure out if you can tell where i am there. ill be the pretty boy watching out for just you....so how is that...and others shall come to hear the music and drink the beer and have a good time. ill bet if you are there i can find you....figure that one out PP. till then. happy thinking about what ever you do best which is run your mouth. lamarguy.
lamarguy

Westcliffe, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2010

someone gave the good information sign and thanks for that. it was on the fact we need to be positive about lamar. i was in las animas on a business meeting and someone asked why are there no people here. its a nice town. well people moved away for some reason. no business to keep them here. and plus people want to get out and see the other places for work and school etc.

a friend of mine is on probation. they want him to get a job. he has no formal education, people with college degrees dont get jobs here. they move awzy and look for citys where they can work. im retired but the social security takes money away cause we cant make it and i have to work part time even though im in bad health im not whining. i try to help others like me and my wife.

just a thought. support the county and city in getting work here. company of some kind to come in and build something. people here are negative. put forth positive thoughts for once in your life, stop the bad mouthing of lamar and get it on the right track. clean up the junk yards too...put up fences so traffic does not see the junk. those who are postive i admire you and we need more people to help. lamarguy. see you all at the BUZZARD ROOST JAM. join in the fun.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2010

lamarguy wrote:
again as i wrote long ago, you are not worth arguing with PP. I have lived a lot of places in my life and did not ever leave a place unless i left on my own. im sure you cause trouble where you go and where are you now. in wonderland im sure. people wonder where you are those who care who really are not too many if my guess is right and im not an expert on lamar. never profess to be. but for now, we shall just say im here and there and everywhere which is fine with me. again just waiting anxiously for your reply which im sure will pop up somewhere just like you do. tell ya what ill be at the jam this sunday. come figure out if you can tell where i am there. ill be the pretty boy watching out for just you....so how is that...and others shall come to hear the music and drink the beer and have a good time. ill bet if you are there i can find you....figure that one out PP. till then. happy thinking about what ever you do best which is run your mouth. lamarguy.
I run my mouth & you leave threatening posts.
kind of evens things up, except I'm always one
up on you.....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Las Animas Discussions

Search the Las Animas Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
CO Who do you support for Governor in Colorado in ... (Oct '10) Jul 23 GreeleyGrizzler 286
pet groomers Jul 18 Indianapolis junk girl 1
If You Voted for Obama, Are You Glad You Did! ... Jul 12 Pollster 1
Living in La Junta (Sep '09) Jul 8 Stuck 14
Top Farmers' Markets on Your Way... or to Stay? Jun '14 Trang 1
LJ Landlord from Hell Jun '14 DDD 1
Carson street (Jul '13) Jun '14 DDD 2
•••
•••
•••
•••

Las Animas Jobs

•••