Lawmakers Pass Bill To Toughen Street Racing Law

Full story: Cbs4denver.com

State lawmakers took up a bill to toughen the penalties against street racing Wednesday afternoon.
Comments
1 - 5 of 5 Comments Last updated Dec 27, 2007
James

Redmond, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2006

I understand the need to quell street racing in the city and i understand that many injuries come from inexperienced young drivers. What i do not understand is the need to steal citizens cars from them. The cost of impound at $35 per day for two weeks storage plus impound fees/tickets/ and insurance increases is astronical and balances between legal theft and extortion.I think suspension of the racers license for a period of time would curtail the racing quite a bit. Manily dueto the fact that the youngster will be older when the liscense is returned. Have you attempted to use the bus system in Colorado...it is inefficient to say the least. Let these kids remember hy they wanted a car in the first place. I cannot rationalize the theft end of this...especially considering the cost of vehicles today. The police can do without this extra income and so can the legal theft impound lot.
A Fellow Driver

Niagara-on-the-lake, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2007

(James - Bellevue, WA)

Yes, but what will hurt more, a slap on the wrist or a kick in the nuts? Your view on this is wrong, they need to keep it tough, they need to enforce this heavily. After the fact that in a few years they will actually see it is not the majority of young drivers getting caught. This law is nothing but a cash grab to make it seem like the government is actually trying to pretend they care by covering up some tracks, and snaking some cash in the process.
brandon garner

Buttzville, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2007

street racin is a rush for me ill never stop u don how many cars i got
brandon garner

Buttzville, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2007

im cool ur not
Max

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2007

It's true. Impounding cars will not stop street racing. it will only lead to more rebellion and more crime. i have cousins that had their cars impounded and he went out and stole a car, got the vins switched at a underround shop for 50 dollars, and got a new plate. mind u that basicly this just cost 50 dollars plus the price of plates. and the government is corrupt anyway. that i can agree with you on, and they dont need to impound a car. if you revoke a license, it wont matter because the only time it even really gets checked is when you get stopped. no stop= no check. fine wont do much. maybe spare one kid a night of street racing if they saved up their money for a new part on their car, but then again it might encourage it too because if you win a bet you make more so it really wont matter if u get a ticket. and illegal modification tickets are bs as well. theres no need to ticket someone for neon lights or a suspension drop. theyre not bothering anybody and some modifications actually make the car safer, esp in older cars. and if u really think anything is going to stop street racing, think back to when you were a teen or in your 20's. me personally, i live by street racing. street racing is my life. yes there are some inexpierenced people out there that dont know what the hell theyre doing, bu as u keep doing it you learn more and gain expierience. some of it you can use in real life and can save lives. ive used drifting to save my ass a couple times in the winter with a real wheel car. thats something that a normal person would have no clue how to do. and also the bs tickets for learning these things on your own in a empty parking lot not endangering anyone is unnecessary as well. but still, there are some advantages and disadvantages to street racing. but as i said, i live by street racing.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Las Animas Discussions

Search the Las Animas Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
LJ Landlord from Hell Aug 14 DDD 4
If You Voted for Obama, Are You Glad You Did! ... Aug 4 crow 2
CO Who do you support for Governor in Colorado in ... (Oct '10) Aug 2 pacostacos 287
pet groomers Jul '14 Indianapolis junk... 1
Living in La Junta (Sep '09) Jul '14 Stuck 14
Top Farmers' Markets on Your Way... or to Stay? Jun '14 Trang 1
Herbert D. Reyher - Lamar Ledger (Nov '09) Jun '14 Theodore Wells 3
•••
•••
•••
•••

Las Animas Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••