Teen killed himself after anti-gay th...

Teen killed himself after anti-gay threats

There are 39 comments on the 9NEWS story from Apr 17, 2012, titled Teen killed himself after anti-gay threats. In it, 9NEWS reports that:

PAULINA, Iowa - Kenneth Weishuhn was only a freshman at South O'Brien High School in Paullina, Iowa.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at 9NEWS.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#1 Apr 18, 2012
Not another one.

(Thinking about using some frequent flyer miles)

“Child of the Universe”

Since: Aug 09

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

#2 Apr 18, 2012
This song needs to be listened to, and its words heeded:

&fe ature=player_embedded

I don't mean to trivialize a death - rather, music has always been a part of human celebration and observances of death - this is the song that immediately came to my mind when the news of this suicide due to bullying crossed my page. A hymn with a beat, if you will. Think of this as not a dance song, but as a call to social evolution...

Location hidden

#3 Apr 18, 2012
At the moment, I'm more like this ...

Frank Stanton

Omaha, NE

#4 Apr 18, 2012
for *ucks sake, for every 1 of us that dies, 9 ameriKKKan christians should be sacrificed.

pathetic ameriKKKa. this country endorses the anti-gay climate and culture that leads to glbt children taking their own lives.

ameriKKKa should be ashamed of itself and held accountable for the anti-gay environment it has created, but none of that will happen. the united states of ameriKKKa hates glbt people, period.
WhatThe ----

Felton, CA

#5 Apr 18, 2012
I'm not sure that kids should come out at that age. It isn't safe for them.
Sad.

“WAY TO GO”

Since: Mar 11

IRELAND

#6 Apr 18, 2012
People need to watch the movie "Prayers for Bobby".......it's a true story and if Bobby's death helped his mother come to terms with her HOMOPHOBIA, maybe it can help others!!!

Location hidden

#7 Apr 18, 2012
You can watch "Prayers for Bobby" in parts on YouTube starting here...

“Just Call It Marriage Now”

Since: Sep 08

All rights For All!

#8 Apr 18, 2012
Well, here I am with another message from the universe and as usual, the message was delivered with a punch.

My life currently is full of stress and strife. Enough to make me put my head in my hands and rock back and forth. But how little are my troubles in this new light?!

When I woke up this morning, I was able to kiss my child and send her off to school. I was able to see my wife, give her a hug, and say good morning, and even argue with her a bit.

The family of this young man did not have the same pleasures. I can imagine that the only thing they woke up to,(if they even slept) was more tears, emptiness and questions that may never be answered. Stop and think for a moment about that special someone in your life and how you would think you would feel if they were suddenly taken away from you because someone else couldn't allow your loved one to be different in anyway!!!!

REMEMBER, PLEASE, BEFORE YOU ATTACK SOMEONE, BELITTLE THEM OR HARM THEM IN ANY WAY, REMEMBER THAT THEY ARE SOMEONES MOTHER, FATHER, DAUGHTER, SON,AUNT, UNCLE......SOMEONE WILL REMAIN TO PAY THE PRICE FOR YOUR HATRED!

I agree with this young man I if the family has no objections, I will carry on his message of "BE BUDDIES-NOT BULLIES!"

Mrs-Whitewater

All rights For All!

#9 Apr 18, 2012
In "Prayers for Bobby", the mother not only learned how to accept her sons's sexuality (although it be too late), she learned how telling others about her story, her pain, her loss can help to stop the hatred so other families do not have to suffer a similar loss.

Mrs-Whitewater

All rights For All!

#10 Apr 18, 2012
WhatThe ---- wrote:
Sad.
And at what age would it be safer? Adult gay and lesbians are being beaten to death, stabbed or shot. Those who do manage to ignore the stupid people still have to tolerate the daily bigotry and bullying from employers, co-workers and neighbors.

Tolerance is not the responsibility of any one individual but society as a whole. Once everyone learns that they do not have the right to tell someone else how to walk, talk, dress and love, bigotry and hared will no longer be the norm.!

Mrs-Whitewater

“WAY TO GO”

Since: Mar 11

IRELAND

#11 Apr 18, 2012
Mrs-Whitewater wrote:
<quoted text>
And at what age would it be safer? Adult gay and lesbians are being beaten to death, stabbed or shot. Those who do manage to ignore the stupid people still have to tolerate the daily bigotry and bullying from employers, co-workers and neighbors.
Tolerance is not the responsibility of any one individual but society as a whole. Once everyone learns that they do not have the right to tell someone else how to walk, talk, dress and love, bigotry and hared will no longer be the norm.!
Mrs-Whitewater
Did ya mean "HATRED"?

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#12 Apr 18, 2012
So many bullycides! This is getting ridiculous! Bullies need to be severely punished for their actions.

“Equality marches on! ”

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#15 Apr 18, 2012
Sammy wrote:
*grammatically challenged posting*!!!
Just what happened to you in your life to make you into such a cretin, R1? You must be one lonely, SOB!
Just Saying

League City, TX

#16 Apr 18, 2012
Mrs-Whitewater wrote:
<quoted text>
Mrs-Whitewater
Straight people and gays have different point of views. I agreed no one should tell others how to live their live however gays are not innocent.That just flew right over your head didn't it. You'll catch that one day.
Just Saying

League City, TX

#17 Apr 18, 2012
NE Jade wrote:
<quoted text>Just what happened to you in your life to make you into such a cretin, R1? You must be one lonely, SOB!
Look who's talking the fool with his head in another man pants.
Jim

Columbus, GA

#18 Apr 18, 2012
I guess I found where the idiots hang out...

“Equality marches on! ”

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#19 Apr 18, 2012
Just Saying wrote:
<quoted text>Look who's talking the fool with his head in another man pants.
As opposed to the idiot who keeps switching usernames to spread even more illiterately posted hatred?

“Child of the Universe”

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

#20 Apr 18, 2012
Just Saying wrote:
<quoted text>Look who's talking the fool with his head in another man pants.
But if a woman was posting with HER head in a man's pants, that would be ok...

You're just jealous because we know how to deepthroat and she doesn't.
Mitt s Airtight Dog Crate

Philadelphia, PA

#21 Apr 18, 2012
WhatThe ---- wrote:
Sad.
It depends on where they are in terms of blue state or progressive school, how big and secure a peer support group they have, whether they're likely to have supportive parents.

They see flourishing glbt online communities and must feel that will automatically extend to their brick and mortar schools. Not necessarily so.

But this gets into teenagers being able to weigh information and arrive at am accurate judgment of their situation.

“Child of the Universe”

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

#22 Apr 18, 2012
snyper wrote:
At the moment, I'm more like this ...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =KOqk_q4NLLIXX
Unfortunately, the target market for this song is the same as for Pink Floyd's WE DON'T NEED NO EDUCATION.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Larrabee Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
repent repent acts 2 38 (Apr '16) Apr '16 repent repent 1
News Petition calls for resignation of Hartley, Iowa... (Jan '14) Jan '14 Jacqe Sik 1
how to ma ke money online (Sep '13) Sep '13 Lila Kham 1
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Iowa (Dist... (Oct '10) Dec '11 glen Larsen 35
Election Who do you support for State Senate in Iowa (Di... (Oct '10) Oct '10 psyclone 1
duane knowles (May '10) May '10 wondering 1
News Murder victim called 'innocent bystander' (Dec '08) May '09 rip 2

Larrabee Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Larrabee Mortgages