justlogic

Warren, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2009

Rogers Hamilton: On October 22, 1957, one or two men came to Rogers Hamilton's home in Lowndes County, Alabama, and took him out of his house. Hamilton got into the truck with the men. His mother found Hamilton's body in the road. He had been shot and killed.This case has been reopened by the FBI and they are asking family members and persons with information to contact the Mobile Division office.

List of other cases reopened.
http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/seekinfo/civilright...

More information.
http://www.fbi.gov/page2/nov09/coldcases_1118...
Rachiana

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2011

I think the death of Rogers Hamilton was not right and unjust in 1957 PERSONALLY I think that there shouldn't been racism we are all God's children everyone in whole wide world if it wasn't any Civil Right's movement me as a BLACK African American Rachiana if it were me treated in disrespect by my own kind whipped and much more I would do the same 'cause my daddy said you should give as much respect as someone gives you and if they have none 4 me well then tough potatoes they Will see the WRATH of Rachiana Marie Richardson
Danielle Bell

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

I am the great niece of Roger Hamilton. This tragic story is one that we pass on from generation to generation to educate our family on the horrors and the injustice of racisim. When I first learned of this horrific story as a young girl I never imagined that light would once again be brought to this case. To this day I don't understand why the cowards who murdered my uncle felt it was their place to take a life. This is something none of us are able to explain to the younger generations as we tell them the story of Uncle Roger. The murder of my Uncle caused my great grandma to uproot the rest of her children and run north to Chicago, Illinois and Cleveland, Ohio . The murder instilled fear and desperation in my great grandma but as time passes it has also instilled strength, courage, and bravery. We are no longer afraid.
whattha

Ashville, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Racism is lik cancer, no matter what technical wonders we find in the world, there will never be a cure for ignorance that spawns the ugly disease of racism. God did not create the world in black and white, He created it in living color.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Lapine Discussions

Search the Lapine Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
AL Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Alabama i... (Oct '10) Sun Give me a break 203
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Jul 23 Give Him a Brain 84
Seeking my Relatives in Honoraville, Alabama o... (Oct '06) Jun '14 wade lowe 34
AL Who do you support for Governor in Alabama in 2... (Oct '10) Jun '14 Rep 704
Man suffers life-threatening injuries in Lownde... Jun '14 Its me back 2
AL Recent tornado outbreak in South may set new re... (Apr '11) Jun '14 ThomasA 416
Debate: Trayvon Martin - Fort Deposit, AL (Apr '12) Dec '13 rapierwit 2
•••
•••
•••
Lapine Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Lapine Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••