LGBT group asks Civil Rights Commissi...

LGBT group asks Civil Rights Commission for legal protections

There are 4 comments on the MLive.com story from Jul 25, 2017, titled LGBT group asks Civil Rights Commission for legal protections. In it, MLive.com reports that:

LGBT activists are requesting legal protections for LGBT individuals. In this photo a member of the crowd raises two Pride Flags into the air during Kalamazoo Pride on Saturday, June 10, 2017.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at MLive.com.

Rick

Battle Creek, MI

#1 Jul 26, 2017
In some cases these people have become the bullies, maybe they should do some self reflection on this issue. If people don't agree with their life style because they feel, think or believe it is in conflict with their religious beliefs that is also one of our basic freedoms and it too should be shown some respect instead of trampled on as if it were insignificant. How is it they can see the importance of recognizing their right to be free but fail to recognize the rights of others? This is reminiscent of Orwell's Animal Farm and the group who lead the revolt against the Farmer in the Barn. The Pigs! They became so focused on their own needs and self importance they failed to realized the needs of the other animals in the barn until they rebelled against the Pigs also.
Our Rights and Freedoms are part of an incredible balancing act that requires mutual respect between us of each others space and there are members of the LGBT community who are crossing those lines and invading the lives of people who don't need to be bothered with this discussion, hence these few are becoming bullies for their cause but who is calling them on it? No instead the community will give them added strength. I have nothing against those of the LGBT community and have thanked some for their service as I've met a vet who was part of this group, but by the same token I can not support laying down to deny other's their rights! We are all American's and each have rights, none more then the other! I wonder when people will wake up to this?
Charlie

Dundalk, MD

#2 Jul 26, 2017
Queers already have many more legal protections than normal people.

What more do they want? God status?
anti fagite

Longmont, CO

#4 Aug 15, 2017
Charlie wrote:
Queers already have many more legal protections than normal people.

What more do they want? God status?
The right to spread aids.
Gremlin

Louisville, KY

#5 Aug 15, 2017
Rick wrote:
In some cases these people have become the bullies, maybe they should do some self reflection on this issue. If people don't agree with their life style because they feel, think or believe it is in conflict with their religious beliefs that is also one of our basic freedoms and it too should be shown some respect instead of trampled on as if it were insignificant. How is it they can see the importance of recognizing their right to be free but fail to recognize the rights of others? This is reminiscent of Orwell's Animal Farm and the group who lead the revolt against the Farmer in the Barn. The Pigs! They became so focused on their own needs and self importance they failed to realized the needs of the other animals in the barn until they rebelled against the Pigs also.
Our Rights and Freedoms are part of an incredible balancing act that requires mutual respect between us of each others space and there are members of the LGBT community who are crossing those lines and invading the lives of people who don't need to be bothered with this discussion, hence these few are becoming bullies for their cause but who is calling them on it? No instead the community will give them added strength. I have nothing against those of the LGBT community and have thanked some for their service as I've met a vet who was part of this group, but by the same token I can not support laying down to deny other's their rights! We are all American's and each have rights, none more then the other! I wonder when people will wake up to this?
You have nothing against LGBT's? Yeah, right.

"How is it they can see the importance of recognizing their right to be free but fail to recognize the rights of others?" That's been the attitude of heterosexuals when it comes to depriving LGBT people of THIER rights. Have you ever been insulted and hated because of your sexual orientation? Gay people go through this every day. So I find it HILARIOUS when a heterosexual accuses gays of being "bullies." The truth is, you have a HUGE issue with LGBT equality. Trying to sugarcoat homophobic discrimination by calling it "religious beliefs" is a tactic you bigots are using these days....anybody with intelligence sees it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lansing Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Stop being so verbally abusive or Iím gone Jul 3 Guy taking your crap 1
News MI Democrats propose free college program Tuesd... Jul 1 lagirl 4
News Fights erupt, 12 arrested ahead of white nation... Jun '18 Scrap 4
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Michigan (... (Oct '10) Jun '18 WATCHING LIVONIA 29
Question on Stockbridge Police Chief (John Torr... (Mar '13) Jun '18 why 7
News Obama Calls Romney's Auto Bailout Claim an 'Etc... (May '12) May '18 Norwegian Air Force 14
News MSU Gets Anonymous $1 Million Gift For Gay Center (Jul '14) May '18 Guy 46

Lansing Jobs

Personal Finance

Lansing Mortgages