Anti Nepotism Ordinance Chicago Heights

Posted in the Lansing Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Interested

New Lenox, IL

#1 Feb 8, 2012
I just read the mayor has introduced this ordinance. Very smart to introduce it. Problem is the damage is already done. Are all family members already employed? I appreciate the attempt but am skeptical there will be results. While it looks good as a headline we as taxpayers have really no way of knowing the doings of city hall.
Herewego

Tinley Park, IL

#2 Feb 8, 2012
Agreed

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#3 Feb 8, 2012
Oh wow. We complain about the political hiring of family members, and then when our Mayor tries to take a proactive step for fairness, we spit on his idea. Really people? No other Mayor has done this! Maybe instead of throwing stones we should give the guy a chance to actually run the city the way IT SHOULD BE! What lames you are for critizing this
Curious

Harvey, IL

#4 Feb 8, 2012
Can you imagine if they had this in Oak Forest? We might have 3 employees left!
Help

New Lenox, IL

#5 Feb 8, 2012
Mia708 wrote:
Oh wow. We complain about the political hiring of family members, and then when our Mayor tries to take a proactive step for fairness, we spit on his idea. Really people? No other Mayor has done this! Maybe instead of throwing stones we should give the guy a chance to actually run the city the way IT SHOULD BE! What lames you are for critizing this
Mia what is troubling about this is that even has to be an ordiance. It is shameful that it has to be written. The only time you will see a ordinace written is because something has been abused. Get a clue to how things really work the damage has already been done. I hope the actual ordinance will be made public. I can't wait to read the language about current employees being Grandfathered in. This is a political move at best that will change nothing. It does however make for great headline.
Herewego

Saint Charles, IL

#6 Feb 8, 2012
Seriously Mia, lay off the cool aid. Damage has been done unless of course anyone who is not qualified in any way is fired from the job that they are horrible at, and only even got, because of connections.
Oh boy

Chicago, IL

#7 Feb 8, 2012
The current employees should not lose their jobs. Future jobs ok
Joe Mama

United States

#8 Feb 8, 2012
Like Fares,Sabo,Aprati

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#9 Feb 8, 2012
A truly brave and brilliant move. I hope the council supports this ordinance unanimously. This mayor is affecting real change in Chicago Heights!
Joe Mama

United States

#10 Feb 8, 2012
Go F yourself Digger. I hope Jason kicks your a__
Help

New Lenox, IL

#11 Feb 8, 2012
Digger, please tell me how it is brave. Brilliant political move yes. Brave would be to eliminate dead weight patronage hires. Brave would be eliminating all the assistant to the assistant hires. How is it brave to do the right thing? I would call the mayor brave in the appointments of aprati and fares, knowing there was no vetting process for either position. You should learn the meaning of a word prior to using it.
jose fatso

United States

#12 Feb 8, 2012
This is a very good move by our mayor, but for it to be fair ALL RECENT hires should be looked into.
Really

Riverdale, IL

#13 Feb 8, 2012
Of course it's a great idea, he already hired all of his family, and Frank Perez's family, and anyone else he made promises to that work for the city. He was sneaky about it too, instead of getting them jobs for the city, he got them jobs in the school districts so nobody would notice. Or at least that's what they thought.

Location hidden

#14 Feb 8, 2012
Really wrote:
Of course it's a great idea, he already hired all of his family, and Frank Perez's family, and anyone else he made promises to that work for the city. He was sneaky about it too, instead of getting them jobs for the city, he got them jobs in the school districts so nobody would notice. Or at least that's what they thought.
The mayor has absolutely nothing to do with the school districts! He is responsible for city government. Get your facts straight before running your mouth!!

Location hidden

#15 Feb 8, 2012
Joe Mama wrote:
Go F yourself Digger. I hope Jason kicks your a__
Very clever! Why leave it to Jason? Come kick my ass yourself.
Free Willy

Chicago, IL

#16 Feb 8, 2012
Its a long overdue idea and a good start.
Joe Mama

United States

#17 Feb 8, 2012
Like Jason said come forward and present yourself and I will take care of it.
Owl Observer

Homewood, IL

#18 Feb 8, 2012
Joe Mama, Jason, You are probably the same person. Go do something positive for the people instead of wasting your time and anger. A true winner in life helps all.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#19 Feb 8, 2012
Who is fares I keep hearing about?
truth

United States

#20 Feb 8, 2012
Mia708 wrote:
Who is fares I keep hearing about?
Mia, Mia, Mia...... Either you try to fake your cluelessness like your cohort, digger (Winston), OR you pop your mouth off and defend a mayor who has created unneeded jobs for cronies without knowing what is really going on in this town! Which is it? Many of us still remember you from patch.com with your Pulp Fiction friend.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lansing Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lake Shore Waste starts next week 3 hr alderman duped again 19
Stop the Cook County Tax Increase com 8 hr Mikim 27
Congrats To Jason BIPD newest brass 11 hr stand by your man 6
How can I get my street fixed 13 hr BI Spending Problem 5
Time to Abolish Calumet Township Organization (Mar '14) 16 hr Streamline N Cut ... 73
You're an old time Riverdale/Dolton resident if... (Nov '09) 18 hr miche726 1,035
City Attorney ShawnTe Raines has No Municipal A... (Jan '14) 18 hr Chronic Spending P 245

Lansing Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lansing Mortgages