Lansford Man Charged In Missing Wife'...

Lansford Man Charged In Missing Wife's Death: Ernest Freeby all...

There are 34 comments on the The Morning Call story from Aug 4, 2009, titled Lansford Man Charged In Missing Wife's Death: Ernest Freeby all.... In it, The Morning Call reports that:

A Lansford man has been charged with his wife's death, more than 18 months after she disappeared.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Morning Call.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Lehigh Valley Resident

Walnutport, PA

#1 Aug 4, 2009
And this proves WHAT

Since: Apr 09

Bethlehem, PA

#2 Aug 4, 2009
Lehigh Valley Resident wrote:
And this proves WHAT
That the DNA in the blood in the basement matched the victim's. It's also VERY odd that her husband didn't call the police about a missing person and the woman's family had to.

It seems like a weak case against the man, but there are a few things that just seem VERY odd.
Trik

Whitehall, PA

#3 Aug 4, 2009
did he ... gasp... put her in the furnace?

Oh my.
mistygirl318

Allentown, PA

#4 Aug 4, 2009
Trik wrote:
did he ... gasp... put her in the furnace?
Oh my.
This was my thought exactly....did her burn her up?? If he loved his wife why did he not report her missing?? This all seems very odd to me. I love CSI....

My heart goes out to her family so they can find some answers to many unanswered questions.
tom

Walnutport, PA

#5 Aug 4, 2009
I bet he was walking around enjoying life thinking he got away with it.
From Bethlehem

Philadelphia, PA

#6 Aug 4, 2009
What a sin. Another woman dies at the hands of someone she wanted to love her, but who was incapable of love at all. Why don't we teach our daughters to recognize men who have the potential to be violent. Jealous, suspicious,domineering & insecure men aren't 'a catch' no matter how good they look or how much money they make, they are dangerous.
As Far as Stuff

United States

#7 Aug 4, 2009
Was she a mail order bride?
Thought

Macungie, PA

#8 Aug 4, 2009
Amused Crack-er wrote:
<quoted text>
That the DNA in the blood in the basement matched the victim's. It's also VERY odd that her husband didn't call the police about a missing person and the woman's family had to.
It seems like a weak case against the man, but there are a few things that just seem VERY odd.
It doesnt seem like a weak case it IS a very weak case. Only physical evidence they have is her blood in her home. No evidence she is even dead better yet killed by her husband. I agree alot sounds fishy but I think the DA is makin a big mistake here that could possibly result in a not guilty verdict and then if evidence does come along its double jeopardy.
Native Hiller

Lehighton, PA

#9 Aug 4, 2009
Freeby is a scumbag - bottom line. I hope a jury doesn't let him walk like they did for torching Coaldale's Legion in 1997. His stories didn't add up back then and I'd rest assured they don't add up now.

“amature adult”

Since: Apr 07

coal cracker

#10 Aug 4, 2009
there must be more information that has not been released. it's a very nosey neighborhood, so there could be witnesses. perhaps someone heard screams or yelling; may be someone seen something. i was told (third hand information) that ashes were buried in the lot next to the house and FBI investigators were digging around there.
As Far as Stuff wrote:
Was she a mail order bride?
How is that relevant? She was a living, breathing human being; a productive member of society, a daughter, a sister, a friend of someone. it would be wonderful to find out she was alive somewhere, somehow, but that's not going to happen.

this is after all coal country. and whether the case is weak or strong, you are most likely to get away with cold blooded murder right here! can i get an Amen?
Mine shafts work too

Schaumburg, IL

#11 Aug 4, 2009
elmer wrote:
there must be more information that has not been released. it's a very nosey neighborhood, so there could be witnesses. perhaps someone heard screams or yelling; may be someone seen something. i was told (third hand information) that ashes were buried in the lot next to the house and FBI investigators were digging around there.
<quoted text>
How is that relevant? She was a living, breathing human being; a productive member of society, a daughter, a sister, a friend of someone. it would be wonderful to find out she was alive somewhere, somehow, but that's not going to happen.
this is after all coal country. and whether the case is weak or strong, you are most likely to get away with cold blooded murder right here! can i get an Amen?
I'd say it looks as if this guy slaughtered his wife in the basement and then incinerated her, piece by piece in the coal furnace.

But as to people getting away with murder in the coal region, it would be far from anything new.

I have friends from up there and was told about 30 years ago that for many generations, many people died suspiciously up there and were never seen or heard from again.

According to the old time coal crackers, some did it by throwing people down long-abandoned and too-dangerous-to-enter mine shafts. It's said many of the shaft entrances are miles deep and the bodies couldn't be found even if a means to enter them were possible.
Mine shafts work too

Schaumburg, IL

#12 Aug 4, 2009
coal c r a c k e r s....I mean sheesh, talk about being way too politically sensitive on here.
Robert

Stroudsburg, PA

#13 Aug 4, 2009
They don't even have proof she's passed away, but yet they are charging him with murder? The justice system is f'd up..Leave it up to Carbon County!! From Palmerton to Lake Harmony and from Lansford to Trachsville, nothing changes
Bryan 3620

Northampton, PA

#14 Aug 4, 2009
Uh,
Large amounts of her blood found in a basement...after the husband re-painted it to cover it up...
Yep...
It's called "murder".

Since: Apr 09

Bethlehem, PA

#15 Aug 5, 2009
Thought wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesnt seem like a weak case it IS a very weak case. Only physical evidence they have is her blood in her home. No evidence she is even dead better yet killed by her husband. I agree alot sounds fishy but I think the DA is makin a big mistake here that could possibly result in a not guilty verdict and then if evidence does come along its double jeopardy.
Agreed. It seems that the are being WAY too hasty with this case.
As Far as Stuff

United States

#16 Aug 5, 2009
elmer wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder what someone from Kenya is doing with a dirtbag from Lansford. Thats why I ask if the poor woman perhaps came to the US specifically for him. Where did that rant come from?
The Patriot

United States

#17 Aug 5, 2009
Robert wrote:
They don't even have proof she's passed away, but yet they are charging him with murder? The justice system is f'd up..Leave it up to Carbon County!! From Palmerton to Lake Harmony and from Lansford to Trachsville, nothing changes
You don't need a body for a murder conviction.There are thousands of people in prison based on circumstancial evidence.This goober they arrested is talking like he's enjoying his 15 minutes of fame and all it will get him is 25 to life,if he's lucky.The fact that the house was a mess and the only room cleaned up and painted was the coal bin(where the police found the blood evidence)pretty much tells the story.
unreal

Lehighton, PA

#18 Aug 5, 2009
Ernie will walk on these charges. Unless he convicts himself the state doesnt have a chance. I went to school with this guy hes not the sharpest tool in the shed so hopefully he does. Im certain they arent telling us everything they have on him but hes claiming shes still alive and that he saw her 2 weeks ago. Will be interesting to see how it plays out but I forsee an aquittal. Trying to convince 12 people "beyond any reasonable doubt" that this woman was murdered by him, without a body or proof of her being dead. I dont see it happening. Its a shame.
carbon 4 wh1te trash

Moosic, PA

#19 Aug 5, 2009
another article stated how psycho freeby and his momma would skin rabbits in the basement...how touching!...that their explanation for the blood cops found.

rural hillbillys and urban minority criminals...if only freeby had been killed years ago by some allentown crack h0.
Thought

Macungie, PA

#20 Aug 5, 2009
Bryan 3620 wrote:
Uh,
Large amounts of her blood found in a basement...after the husband re-painted it to cover it up...
Yep...
It's called "murder".
Its not called proof she is dead or a crime even happened. Finding large areas of blood is finding large areas of blood and nothing else. The state has a weak case and this is something even a "public pretender" could win.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lansford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What about Geronimo the meth man who will never... 2 hr butfucker 8
la dolce casa 5 hr dont judge criminals 4
I'm tired of the bullshit in Tamaqua 5 hr Hypersexual 3
Leiby's 6 hr assfister 10
Marco's Pizza Boxes LOL 9 hr Skid Mark 6
News Hearts on display 13 sculptures making... 13 hr Micah knows 1
Sharp Mountain Cannibals (Sep '15) Wed the more you know 32

Lansford Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance