what is happening with carbon county ...
Tweet Tweet

Lehighton, PA

#5164 Jan 17, 2013
Surely You Jest wrote:
<quoted text>He may have only 1 vote but how much influence does he have over the other supervisors ? I think the Law guy may be on to something. I just know those birds out there ain't easy to deal with. Ask around.
That's funny because I've never had an issue with them when I needed things done through the township. Things seem to be done by the letter of the law in Mahoning and the commissioners(both GO & dumb and dumber) don't like it since the good ole boy network doesn't work for them. If they did what the code says, then it would get approved, however, they refuse to do what they are supposed to do.
Anita Beer

Allentown, PA

#5165 Jan 17, 2013
You guy love the BS which goes on in the courthouse! That is all I ever hear on this website.
Gave up myid

Lehighton, PA

#5166 Jan 17, 2013
Well, Anita, this is the Carbon County blog, what do you expect? By the way, what are the latest rumblings from Penn Forest Township?
ditto that

Palmerton, PA

#5167 Jan 17, 2013
Tweet Tweet wrote:
<quoted text>
That's funny because I've never had an issue with them when I needed things done through the township. Things seem to be done by the letter of the law in Mahoning and the commissioners(both GO & dumb and dumber) don't like it since the good ole boy network doesn't work for them. If they did what the code says, then it would get approved, however, they refuse to do what they are supposed to do.
Correct me if I'm wrong... Mahoning Twsp is being sued by its ex police chief on 2 different grounds one of which is for the brilliant announcement they made in the Times News that he was sueing them basically ending his career as no othee town will hire him. there is a guy from lehigh valley sueing for mistreatment while being detained, a female cop got reinstated after she filed charges for discrimination, and now the county. Thats 5 lawsuits in 2012. Im not saying any are or are not valid. I'm saying it seems like they might have some issues.
nuid

Lehighton, PA

#5168 Jan 17, 2013
Gave up myid wrote:
Well, Anita, this is the Carbon County blog, what do you expect? By the way, what are the latest rumblings from Penn Forest Township?
Good one GUMID!The exact title of this blog is "what is happening with carbon county politics" and the hub of the politics is the court house.Anita needs to find a more liquifying blog to satisfy her taste.
and dont call me shirley

Lehighton, PA

#5169 Jan 17, 2013
Surely You Jest wrote:
<quoted text>Hey Shirley your boys were screwing around with that place for over 8 years before they got their asses whooped. These guys are in for a little over a year. Dumb ? They won didn't they ? It ain't over yet. You're upset because your boys couldn't do anything and you don't want to see this group achieve any success no matter what they end up doing. At least they are trying to do something while your big mouth boys sat on it for how long. We will see in the end now won't we.
I'm an independent who didn't vote for the guys you call "my boys". You have a habit of doing that in response to a lot of posts in here under the many names you use there coward. And it just goes to show you how dumb the voting public is to put "your boys" in there. And I love how they are doing something...... raising out taxes through the roof.
Surely You Jest

Lehighton, PA

#5170 Jan 17, 2013
You are as much an independent as much as O'
Gurek,Sr. won the election. I have alot of habits but I don't use different names like you do. Not many posts come out of Summit Hill. Not like you live in Summit Hill. I'm betting one of the other valley towns where there is a different type hill.
and dont call me shirley

Lehighton, PA

#5171 Jan 17, 2013
Surely You Jest wrote:
You are as much an independent as much as O'
Gurek,Sr. won the election. I have alot of habits but I don't use different names like you do. Not many posts come out of Summit Hill. Not like you live in Summit Hill. I'm betting one of the other valley towns where there is a different type hill.
Could comeback. Maybe you could bottle your sarcasm and stupidity and sell it. Give your earnings to your boys to help pay for the tax increase.
Surely You Jest

Lehighton, PA

#5172 Jan 17, 2013
and dont call me shirley wrote:
<quoted text>
Could comeback. Maybe you could bottle your sarcasm and stupidity and sell it. Give your earnings to your boys to help pay for the tax increase.
Could comeback ? Now who is showing their stupidity ? ha ha ha. Slow down your anger and you might be able to type and spell.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#5173 Jan 18, 2013
ditto that wrote:
<quoted text>Correct me if I'm wrong... Mahoning Twsp is being sued by its ex police chief on 2 different grounds one of which is for the brilliant announcement they made in the Times News that he was sueing them basically ending his career as no othee town will hire him. there is a guy from lehigh valley sueing for mistreatment while being detained, a female cop got reinstated after she filed charges for discrimination, and now the county. Thats 5 lawsuits in 2012. Im not saying any are or are not valid. I'm saying it seems like they might have some issues.
Your very smart. Yes Barnes is. There are more being filed as wel. F
Lehighton Republican

Lehighton, PA

#5174 Jan 31, 2013
Did anyone else see the article in the paper about the Mahoning Township supervisors? Good for them going after our moronic commissioners for trying to blame everything on the county's failure to make Packerton Yards work!
ditto that

Palmerton, PA

#5175 Feb 1, 2013
The Mahoning Twsp Supervisors are a mess, they almost always make a big deal out of nothing and vice versa. How many lawsuits does it take against the twnsp?
ditto that

Palmerton, PA

#5176 Feb 1, 2013
How good is it for the county republicans that the old party women are all over the front page of the Times News. Every time the get their picture in the paper another democrat converts. Smile.
ditto that

Palmerton, PA

#5177 Feb 1, 2013
To be clear on last comment. Yesterdays Times News. The dem party elders looked silly. Such small minds can't see 3 feet past the coke bottle glasses and realize their Obamacare will consume all their protested requests. Poor things.
One term Tom

United States

#5178 Feb 4, 2013
Did anyone else see the letter to the editor about Packerton Yards in Saturdays TN? If that was an accurate depiction of what is going on with Packerton Yards, then our commissioners are all morons.

A light in that dip is insanity. That would be a traffic nightmare, especially for all of the people that work down towards the Lehigh Valley which have to commute through there every day.
Gave up myid

Lehighton, PA

#5179 Feb 4, 2013
ditto that wrote:
How good is it for the county republicans that the old party women are all over the front page of the Times News. Every time the get their picture in the paper another democrat converts. Smile.
I had a different take on that, as I understood the article, they were protesting cuts in medicare and social security. In this county, I think that is significant for the steady voters. More likely, I think, that the regular voters will be warm to that. I doubt that will convert anybody.
nuid

Lehighton, PA

#5180 Feb 4, 2013
Geez,I thought all of the regular posters left the county.It's been dead in here.GUMID,I think ditto that was being facetious about another D converting.Nobody wants to see medicare and ss cuts for sure.Anyway,beyond that what's happened in here.Seems to have gone in the tank.Time to get some real conversation going.Anything on the county or local levels with the upcoming election.
ditto that

Palmerton, PA

#5181 Feb 5, 2013
nuid wrote:
Geez,I thought all of the regular posters left the county.It's been dead in here.GUMID,I think ditto that was being facetious about another D converting.Nobody wants to see medicare and ss cuts for sure.Anyway,beyond that what's happened in here.Seems to have gone in the tank.Time to get some real conversation going.Anything on the county or local levels with the upcoming election.
Actually those elderly ladies are part of the old guard which has been getting its butt handed to it. They havent supported a winner or won a local precinct in 3 years. People are just sick of them. So I was only sort of acting tongue and cheek. With those mean old ladies and McCall's supportvpoor Cathy Wildoner and Justin Yaich stood no chance.
Gave up myid

Lehighton, PA

#5182 Feb 5, 2013
Not hearing anything, NU, duller than dishwater at the moment. Seems we are in the winter doldrums. You have anything to report?

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#5183 Feb 5, 2013
Gave up myid wrote:
Not hearing anything, NU, duller than dishwater at the moment. Seems we are in the winter doldrums. You have anything to report?
From What I hear the Dems are scrambling to find someone willing to run for comish in two years not really concerened with the upcomming row offices. No one really wants to put their names out there now because of the screwing the e-board gave the dems with the appointment. It's really going to be interesting to see who wants to get it chopped off by a rep challenger.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lansford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hand written complaint to the chief 1 hr do unto others 11
News Testimony: Restaurateur accused of... 10 hr dolce 13
rush they let the wrong cop go (Feb '14) 16 hr do unto others 13
Anybody see that shooting in Tulsa 19 hr Why lie at all 8
News Former Cop Pleads Guilty to Vehicular Charges i... Sat truth 1
Panther Valley News (Jul '14) Fri Panther 1,664
Tamaqua Police force or lack there of (Aug '10) Fri God knows 56

Lansford Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance