contractors doing hail damage repair

contractors doing hail damage repair

Posted in the Lansford Forum

nina sparx

East Stroudsburg, PA

#1 Jul 14, 2011
Hey all. I was just curious, i drive through summit hill and lansford everyday and i've noticed quite a few W.B. Griffies signs up.... anyone have anything to say about them? good, bad??? concerns? we are looking for a contractor, and thought with so many signs there has to be something going on with them!! please get back to me.
Honest Guy

Lehighton, PA

#2 Jul 14, 2011
If you want an honest contractor call rich Dittman from Nesquehoning.

Since: Jul 11

East Stroudsburg, PA

#3 Jul 14, 2011
are you saying griffies isn't honest? i'm looking for reviews on that particular company, anyone using them????
Jim L

Lehighton, PA

#4 Jul 19, 2011
American construction from Jim Thorpe is a family owned honest business.
Buy Local

Highland, NY

#6 Aug 7, 2011
They're not a local company, so they only come in an area when there is lots of work availiable. They're from North Wales PA contact the BBB there and check on them with the state since they need to licensed
Do you think they'll come back, if you have an issue with the job they did?
Mikey Mouse

Swarthmore, PA

#7 Jan 17, 2012
Few months ago, WBGriffies left some ads in my front door that says: your roof will be replaced for free, so I called them and they told me to call my insurance adjuster and they will send their adjuster to look at my roof hail storm damage, after they look at the roof, yes it is true that insurance will replace my roof for free. The claimed was approved for roof replacement, just for curiosity, I called my insurance regarding quality of work..Insurance said I am responsible for the quality of work done by the roofing co, so I did my search, When I searched for WBGriffies reviews with BBB, I found out that they are bad rated company so I call WBGriffies to submit a proposal and they came over to give me a qoute but they want to see the insurance qoute figures..when I told them that they can not see the insurance qoute, they got a little bit upset. He said that if GBGriffies will not get the business, they will sue me because I asked them to go up in my roof to work with my insurance adjuster..this is how bad are these people, they threaten to sue me . Watch out for WBGriffies. I want reliable honest people to work in my property and not dealing with the WBGriffies . Keep away from these people, look at their profile, WBGriffies have only 2 people in their company and they are only been in this business for 2 years max. Where do they get their workers????where will they be when you need for repairs, they can give you 10 years warranty but who will answer the phone when you call to fix their mess?????? Good luck
ninasparx

East Stroudsburg, PA

#8 Jan 18, 2012
I went through the same thing with them. they stated that a piece of paper i signed agreeing they could come out and do a quote was a contract, which it wasnt. And they never came out for a quote, they came out WITH my insurance agent and said i should just sign over my insurance checks to THEM. Both checks. the first one and the depriciation check that they send out after the job is complete. So i started calling around, and eventually my husband and i went another direction. Try telling WB Griffies that. They threatened to sue us for 1200 dollars for the time spent of coming up to our house with the insurance agent. My husband called the owner and told him to stop calling us and he claimed he had no idea what we were talking about. Either way we got away from them. I just feel bad for the 20 plus people near me that used them. they prolly just got scammed out of more insurance money then they had to spend. WB Griffies is a scam, and those bad reports on the BBB is prolly me and my husband.
Mikey Mouse wrote:
Few months ago, WBGriffies left some ads in my front door that says: your roof will be replaced for free, so I called them and they told me to call my insurance adjuster and they will send their adjuster to look at my roof hail storm damage, after they look at the roof, yes it is true that insurance will replace my roof for free. The claimed was approved for roof replacement, just for curiosity, I called my insurance regarding quality of work..Insurance said I am responsible for the quality of work done by the roofing co, so I did my search, When I searched for WBGriffies reviews with BBB, I found out that they are bad rated company so I call WBGriffies to submit a proposal and they came over to give me a qoute but they want to see the insurance qoute figures..when I told them that they can not see the insurance qoute, they got a little bit upset. He said that if GBGriffies will not get the business, they will sue me because I asked them to go up in my roof to work with my insurance adjuster..this is how bad are these people, they threaten to sue me . Watch out for WBGriffies. I want reliable honest people to work in my property and not dealing with the WBGriffies . Keep away from these people, look at their profile, WBGriffies have only 2 people in their company and they are only been in this business for 2 years max. Where do they get their workers????where will they be when you need for repairs, they can give you 10 years warranty but who will answer the phone when you call to fix their mess?????? Good luck
Jimmy

Lehighton, PA

#9 Jan 18, 2012
Truth be known...I would at all cost avoid any and all contractors in the entire panther valley area. I was ripped off, cheated, and got poor quality of work w/ K&M builders in Coaldale. I have heard similar stories with other outfits.

Hire someone you know and trust, or someone a family or friend used with good results.

As for WB Griffies....I would avoid them, but hey at least they show up to do the jobs from what I have seen unlike some of the other transient outfits going around.
Virdy

East Stroudsburg, PA

#10 Jan 26, 2012
nina sparx wrote:
are you saying griffies isn't honest? i'm looking for reviews on that particular company, anyone using them????
Yes i did and I'm not happy. They did a poor Job!!
The First month they did my Roof it Started to leak and you should see the front of my roof the shingles are starting to lift up and it took them over two monthy to put a top cap on my roof. I also reported then to the BBB and they are taking me to court and they also dented my siding and is now trying to say it from the hail damage.Well if you see the pictures that i have you can tell it was from their latter. if anyone else has hade problems with this company please report them to the BBB.I did and alot of other people are having problems with them also. And to top it off they had people working on my house that did not speek english...What a Mess..
Paul Bear

Kansas City, MO

#12 Dec 18, 2014
Hail damage might be more common in hotter areas. It takes powerful updrafts to keep hailstones aloft, especially the golf ball or larger ones. Getting hail roofing repair could involve some upgrades to deal with the next storm. http://www.denverroofing.net/denver-colorado-...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lansford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Panther Valley News (Jul '14) 10 min ClassO88 2,197
Hick 26 min justpolo 14
News Deputy coroner hit with child-sex charges 19 hr David Weston 4
All Hallows Eve 2017 🎃👻👹... Fri Really Fugly 15
evil plots Fri He is the known Liar 45
cassidy derr???? Oct 18 spooky time of year 57
Horrors of the Woods 🌲💀⚠ (Feb '17) Oct 16 Hometown Auction 22

Lansford Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance