Boy Stabs Brother Over Video Game

Boy Stabs Brother Over Video Game

There are 14 comments on the WXIA Atlanta story from Jul 18, 2007, titled Boy Stabs Brother Over Video Game. In it, WXIA Atlanta reports that:

A 13-year-old boy fatally stabbed his brother with a steak knife after the 16-year-old refused to turn over a video game controller, authorities said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WXIA Atlanta.

NM29yrsold

Alpharetta, GA

#1 Jul 18, 2007
Why do kids think they need to turn to violence over a stupid video game. I wonder what this kid is feeling now over something so senseless. Sickening.
jon

Atlanta, GA

#2 Jul 18, 2007
Where were the parents? The boy should be punished. he knew what he was doing.
Simply Me

Huntley, IL

#3 Jul 18, 2007
Makes you wonder if he got this thought from a video game some other time, games are too violent these days
Karikros

Dawsonville, GA

#4 Jul 18, 2007
Stop the Madness
mlp

Greensboro, NC

#5 Jul 18, 2007
PARENTS????
1 Cutie From Ala

Atlanta, GA

#7 Jul 18, 2007
Anytime a video game get that serious it's time for the gane to get taken away and sold at the nearest garage sale. Thsi is not the firt time that the game got that serious in that house but it should be the last. The punishment should fit the crime tried as an adult!!!
Angry Bob

United States

#8 Jul 18, 2007
My heart goes out to the family.
Sara

Smyrna, GA

#10 Jul 18, 2007
I love how you people ask where the parents were. They weren't 5 for heavens sake!! They were 13 and 16....old enough to stay alone in a home...if that was the case...and old enough to know better! I have to agree with Simply Me...wonder if they were playing a violent game.
michael

United States

#12 Jul 18, 2007
get a life people
Worthless

Villa Rica, GA

#13 Jul 18, 2007
Thanks Tex.
Concerned

Ormond Beach, FL

#14 Jul 18, 2007
I am a designer and I greatly admire the skills and time that is put into the development of games, I do however realize that there is a serious problem. Don't blame the games, or the game designers...we as parents are responsible for what we allow our children to see and hear.*Parents should know that prolonged and continuous exposure to violence causes psychological damage and the potential for violent behavior. "There are game ratings for obvious reasons." If you allow your child to have "access" to this type of material then you should take responsibility. The major problem is that children are too often left unattended, and the parents rely on television, games,and other media to babysit their children. Parents remember: Good or bad whatever you nurture the most wins.
diamond_master10 1

Cookeville, TN

#15 Jul 18, 2007
GAME OVER you lost all your lives.
Zman

Atlanta, GA

#16 Jul 19, 2007
Tex wrote:
Jahmir and Antwan.
Enough said.
still got milk on the tongue, huh?
pippin

Erlanger, KY

#18 Jul 19, 2007
HI

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lansdowne Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Teenagers out of control in CH (Aug '09) Aug 20 The truth hurts 19
Beer & Pizza (Jan '11) Aug 11 classybiker1 4
News Nine arrested in Upper Darby robbery spree (Aug '09) Aug 4 zionist dbl std 2
where's bucky pagel? Jul '16 davis st 1
News A Movie Theater That Did It Right (May '06) Jul '16 bobc70 28
News Your school property taxes are probably rising ... Jul '16 unfair tax debate 1
wats up (Jun '11) Mar '15 Trouble 3

Lansdowne Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lansdowne Mortgages