Lansdowne boy stabs brother over vide...

Lansdowne boy stabs brother over video game -- themorningcall.com

There are 73 comments on the The Morning Call story from Jul 17, 2007, titled Lansdowne boy stabs brother over video game -- themorningcall.com. In it, The Morning Call reports that:

A 13-year-old boy fatally stabbed his older brother with a steak knife because the older boy refused to turn over a video game controller, authorities said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Morning Call.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

“It's Evolution Baby.....”

Since: Feb 07

Allentown Pa

#62 Jul 19, 2007
A BLACK MOTHER OF 5 BOYS wrote:
YOU'LL TEACH THEM ONE THING AND THEY'LL DO THE TOTAL OPPOSITE.
It's called discipline. Maybe you should try some....

“no mercy for the stupid!”

Since: May 07

United States

#63 Jul 19, 2007
Be Charitable wrote:
Wow- It saddens me to read so many lambasting comments regarding this horrific incident. Why do we continue to do this? I don't understand how one cannot see their own faults when they spew such negativity into the world.(Oh Yes, I see it now- "But I never stabbed and killed anyone!!)
None of us were there, but I'd bet that the majority of the adult population with siblings has had bad interactions with their sibling(s) at one time or another. Granted,(and thankfully), the large majority of these altercations were not ended by one participant's death.
Maybe while we look around and decide just what everyone else isn't doing right, we might also take the time to find some ways to make this place a better world.
Oh, dear, someone's trying to make sense... God bless you!

I agree. This isn't a color thing, or a parenting thing, it's a stupid kid in the heat of the moment thing. I can't believe for a second that the 13-year-old actually MEANT to kill his brother. It doesn't strike me as that type of situation. He's 13, his brother's 16 (and probably bigger than him), his brother's not giving up the controller for whatever reason and ('cause as we all know, teenage logic is flawless) the 13-year-old gets royally pissed off and just decides to get back at his brother, and something horrendous happens. I don't think he sat there meditating on how he was going to get his brother back, he just did it out of a tragic moment of hotheadedness.

Now that said, he DOES deserve some punishment. He shouldn't just go home like none of this ever happened. At least some time in a psychiatric facility or someplace he can learn to get a handle on his anger, and fully understand that what he did was NEVER to be repeated for ANY reason whatsoever. Maybe a little time in juvie, I don't know. But all these remarks about the kid's parents are uncalled for. I'm pretty sure they didn't teach their kids to resolve PlayStation disputes by stabbing people. They're going through enough right now, without the peanut gallery calling for their heads.
Kelly

Paoli, PA

#64 Jul 19, 2007
COMMENT AUDITOR wrote:
<quoted text>I think you hit it right ...YOU HAVE BEEN AROUND alot of kids...Not the same as living with and raising children. You are unfit as a person with your ignorant comments
I think you're being pretty ignorant when you pick and choose the parts of my comment that you want to respond to, while ignoring the ones that you disagree with.

HAHHAHHAHAAH did you say unfit as a person?? HAHHA. wow.
Kelly

Paoli, PA

#65 Jul 19, 2007
A BLACK MOTHER OF 5 BOYS wrote:
<quoted text>
Kelly it seems that you have no life, nor a job. Get something to do....IDOT!!!!!
Actually, "black mother of 5" (sweet name, by the way.. VERY descriptive).. I have plenty to do. I have a life, it consists of two jobs and school full-time (yes, even during the summer). Classes are something you might want to look into, I'm not sure where'd they offer college-level spelling courses, though? Good luck, "i-d-o-t".
concerned

AOL

#66 Jul 20, 2007
Kath wrote:
This is so sad. In video games when you stab something, it comes back to life the next time you press reset. Kids don't realize death in real life is forever. I feel for the parents who could have been outback resting on their patio.
Do you know that they were out on their patieo resting???? Why don't all of you wait to find out what happened and not suggest everyone is wrong. You have no clue to what happened and so shut up until you do. These are someone's children and how would you like if your children were talked about like all you low lifes do. Makes me sick. No wonder there is such lack of respect for the elderly, you don't deserve respect. What the child did was wrong but God we are not judge nor jury.
REDS TORREZ

Troy, MI

#67 Jul 20, 2007
MOTHER IS AT HOME WITH HER CHILDREN STOP STEREO-8107TYPING ..SUCH BS LIKE WHITE KIDS HAVENT KILLED A FAMILY MEMBER ..UHH DAH ENTIRE FAMILIES...NO MATTER WHAT THE RACE IS VIOLENCE STILL EXIST.. GET LIFES..PURE IGNORANCE....
Observer

Philadelphia, PA

#68 Jul 21, 2007
fellowes wrote:
Jahmir and Antwan...... I beat they were black, eventually they will just kill themselves off.
Think again! Their replication rate is too fast. The momma is ready to service the next daddy as soon as she gets out of the hospital and puts baby #10 in the crib... and the TANF (welfare) just keeps on rolling in. I know of situations where Momma is 35 and she just gave birth to baby #9, or she's 21 and is carrying baby #4.
Comparative question: "Will cockroaches ever become extinct?" Answer: "Not even after a nuclear war."
Observer

Philadelphia, PA

#69 Jul 21, 2007
Kelly wrote:
<quoted text>
I said they're a REFLECTION of their parents, not a freaken carbon copy. You can't argue with me on the fact that if you raise your children the right way, they won't stab someone over a stupid game.
Yeah, you sure can have as many children as you want.. if you want to contribute to screwing up society further when your kids enter it after having raised them with your extremely distorted perception of parenting, "idiot".

Are you and your childrens' father planning on passing on your exceptional spelling/grammar skills to your kids when you "take care" of them?
PS I don't have any children, yet. I'm considering adopting some neglected ones that came from families like yours with ignorant parents.
Relax! Don't you see that their first language is Ebonics? They're virtually bi-lingual!
Kelly

Paoli, PA

#70 Jul 21, 2007
Observer wrote:
<quoted text>
Relax! Don't you see that their first language is Ebonics? They're virtually bi-lingual!
Nice call, good point. We could even go as far as to say trilingual, since a form of spanish is always thrown in there, too.
Observer

Quentin, PA

#71 Jul 21, 2007
Kelly wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice call, good point. We could even go as far as to say trilingual, since a form of spanish is always thrown in there, too.
But yet there are plenty of other ethnic groups who have done well and have not made one single demand upon the United States (like having everything translated for them from English FOR FREE - even freakin' laundering instructions on clothes) and have been able to be self-critical of the negligible scum among them. No, but never the people who form Caucuses and call us Caucasians (in error), nor the ones pumped up with all of their MACHISMO - both popping rivets off the auto bodies of their bling-bling cars and SUVs with their "bungulungu" and "tratatata" music turned up high while driving through white neighborhoods! Sheer uncouth ignorance!
Kath

Allentown, PA

#72 Jul 24, 2007
How do you know they weren't. I was just looking at the situation at a different angle. Not mean or suggestive. Just very sad for the whole family.
concerned wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you know that they were out on their patieo resting???? Why don't all of you wait to find out what happened and not suggest everyone is wrong. You have no clue to what happened and so shut up until you do. These are someone's children and how would you like if your children were talked about like all you low lifes do. Makes me sick. No wonder there is such lack of respect for the elderly, you don't deserve respect. What the child did was wrong but God we are not judge nor jury.
Mysterious One

United States

#73 Jul 26, 2007
Kath wrote:
This is so sad. In video games when you stab something, it comes back to life the next time you press reset. Kids don't realize death in real life is forever. I feel for the parents who could have been outback resting on their patio.
At age 8,I knew what death was.I had a grandfather then a greatgrandfather die a year apart.I knew that is was forever,they were not comming back.My mom's father died when she was 14.She knew what death was.I knew other kids when I was 8-9 that had family members die.They knew what death was.These were no video games,not invented yet.But we played army guys that PRETEND to kill another in play and knew the difference between play and real life.At age 14 I have been to 11 funerals.I knew what death was.Seems like adults these days see teens as younger then they actually are.As if they were 6-7yrs.old.This one is only 5 years from being legally responsible.I guess he has a lot of growing up to catch up on,compared to teens during my teen years.This teen should be experienced enough to know of someone,family or freind,that has died.Or at least a pet.2 fellow student died when I was in elementary school.There were no councilers then to comfort students.We just were explained how they died,said a prayer,then back to the usual.Kids,teens could take hardships better back then.This is the years 1961-66.This is life.Sheltering children too much,leaves them less able to deal with reality.Bring kids into the world and pretend to them that all in the world is "Seseme Place" is a great disservice.You must know that the kind of world it is before you have children.But you expect to keep it all covered up?Farmers kids see death often with the livestock.It's explained to them what death is.During the war,WW 1-2,Vietnam,Koreaen war,most veterns had children home and died in war.Their children knew their dad wasn't comming back.If a 13 year old doesn't know what death is,then he should still be in diapers.
Eyes Like Yours

Virginia Beach, VA

#74 Jul 30, 2007
I heard about this story when I visited Philadelphia last week. Last night I decided to follow the story and ran across this forum.
First, I am truly amazed at how much racism the City of Brotherly Love holds. Mostly between the Italians and African Americans. It is really sad because the True White Man really cares less about either race. He's happy just making money off of you guys. He loves to keep you quarreling at each other because it makes his job so much easier.
Think about it, the two top shows on television are the Sopranos and The Wire. What a way to represent your races. The networks represent your races like your both criminal animals.
Before you start judging one another, please check your own backyards, because we are all in this fight together. As adults, we have to be the examples for our youth. Most of us are failing, and color has nothing to do with it.
We work two and three jobs while our tax money goes into the pockets of some rich politicianís childrenís education. We buy our children things like VIDEO GAMES to make up for the time we canít spend with them, and this makes us really bad parentís when they KILL THEMSELVES.
If a mother could still be home raising her children instead of trying to help her husband pay the ridiculous electric, gas, phone, cable, etc. bills, maybe children would have more time to do constructive things like talk to their parents about their personal issues or take frequent vacations to the community library.
Kids will do what they want to do when Mom & Dad arenít at home. We were all kids at one point in our lives. And most of us did things we should be either dead or in jail for (even if we donít admit it.) As parents and adults, we first need to be examples with one another. Letís help our future, not continue to hurt it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lansdowne Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Wachovia closing branches; community groups pro... (Dec '06) Dec 9 weapon X 6
Life In Drexel Hill? (Nov '06) Oct '17 had enough 20
News Woman Found Dead in Car in Germantown (Jul '11) Oct '17 Nomane 2
wake up black people Sep '17 coco4u 1
News 29 bags of fentanyl found in elementary school ... Sep '17 thehighlife 1
News Mom Drops Bags of Fentanyl Outside Elementary S... Sep '17 thehighlife 1
News Expect delays this weekend as the city hosts mu... Jul '17 Fugitive Friday 1

Lansdowne Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lansdowne Mortgages