Lansdowne boy stabs brother over vide...

Lansdowne boy stabs brother over video game -- themorningcall.com

There are 73 comments on the The Morning Call story from Jul 17, 2007, titled Lansdowne boy stabs brother over video game -- themorningcall.com. In it, The Morning Call reports that:

A 13-year-old boy fatally stabbed his older brother with a steak knife because the older boy refused to turn over a video game controller, authorities said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Morning Call.

concerned

AOL

#21 Jul 17, 2007
Heartless wrote:
<quoted text>
This was hillarious!!!
You people are sick. oh yes very funny!!! a boy is dead in a tragedy and you find a remark like that hillarious.
Pachacutec

Fort Collins, CO

#22 Jul 17, 2007
While some kids might be influenced by video games enough that they 'act out' what is in the games, how many millions of other kids are playing the same games who do NOT stab anyone? In our "everyone is responsible for my mistakes but me" society, it's easy to blame the games, the music, the movies, whatever; however, I have to believe there was something missing or something gone wrong with these particular boys' lives.
Vinny

Whitehall, PA

#23 Jul 17, 2007
Gee, I wonder if they were playing Grand Theft Auto at the time. Nah, that would have nothing to do with it...
Again and Again

King Of Prussia, PA

#24 Jul 17, 2007
I love reading these posts for the incredible speculation and judgmental attitudes that most of you have toward people involved in these stories. Most of you don't have to dig deep to cast blame based on stereotypes--racism, or classism, to name 2 apparent here.

“BORN TO UNDULATE !!”

Since: Mar 07

Proud resident of the Valley

#25 Jul 17, 2007
Quick. Someone call Karoly. There has got to be a lawsuit here against the game manufacturer somewhere!

This case is a shame. What to do...what to do?
fellowes

Cedar Knolls, NJ

#26 Jul 17, 2007
Jahmir and Antwan...... I beat they were black, eventually they will just kill themselves off.
Vinny

Whitehall, PA

#27 Jul 17, 2007
Pachacutec wrote:
While some kids might be influenced by video games enough that they 'act out' what is in the games, how many millions of other kids are playing the same games who do NOT stab anyone? In our "everyone is responsible for my mistakes but me" society, it's easy to blame the games, the music, the movies, whatever; however, I have to believe there was something missing or something gone wrong with these particular boys' lives.
Of course you are right. Parental involvement is #1. But since these games are frequently their role models now (along with hip hop artists and sports figures) we need to crack down on what the media is feeding to our children.
Oh, and there were no games with gratuitous drug use, sex, and cop shootings until a few years ago. It should not be allowed since they ARE having a detrimental effect on society.
Patty O-Chair

United States

#28 Jul 17, 2007
Pachacutec - now that I am really digesting this - you are right.

When we were kids we grew up watching the Three Stooges hitting each other over the head with hammers, poking eyes, etc., yet we NEVER tried to do any of that to each other.

“Listen - Looney Tunes”

been around

#29 Jul 17, 2007
Kelly wrote:
PS It's also frustrating to pretty much watch my tax dollars go right toward little gangster kids' jail time.
Wrong, oh wise Kelly. Juvenile Hall until 21, then released. Knowing all the tricks of the gangster trade & no skills. Maybe its time to think about Re-hab programs again, cause obviously what's around now ain't working. Including babysitting by video game!!

Since: Jun 07

allentown

#30 Jul 17, 2007
It's so sad when I child ends up losing his life over a damn remote control to a video game, what are children thinking now and days, my goodness. I just know he needs to pay for his actions and that he sit there everyday and think about how he took his brothers life over bullsh*t!!
Kelly

Paoli, PA

#31 Jul 17, 2007
concerned wrote:
<quoted text>
you certainly have a big heart. a boy is killed, society is falling apart and you sit talking about tax money and calling the kid a gangster. just remember it is someone's sons.
You are clearly not a smart person.

Society is not falling apart. I don't include trash like this in my version of society. I'd like to think we have two different ones. The first contains everyone who has a job and a family and responsibilities and takes care of them... and then second one consists of low life pieces of trash like this that don't contribute anything to the rest of us. They just slowly take away everything that we work to put and keep together.

Maybe you're content putting yourself in with the second group, but I'll stay in the first one.

And yeah, it is "someone's" sons (well now, just son HA) but maybe if the parents had taken the time to teach their kids how to behave, this whole thing wouldn't have happened, would it?
Kelly

Paoli, PA

#32 Jul 17, 2007
RonMania wrote:
<quoted text> Wrong, oh wise Kelly. Juvenile Hall until 21, then released. Knowing all the tricks of the gangster trade & no skills. Maybe its time to think about Re-hab programs again, cause obviously what's around now ain't working. Including babysitting by video game!!
That's true. Although, it did say in the article that for now he's being held as an adult. Oh well, I guess we'll see what happens. Unless of course we lose interest in this article as soon as another one just as ridiculous and preventable comes along.
COMMENT AUDITOR

Upper Falls, MD

#33 Jul 17, 2007
Sounds like a battle royal.... another one bites the dust.

Since: Apr 07

Allentown P.a

#34 Jul 17, 2007
Are you kidding me. A death over a silly little game. My God, what is society teaching our youth. Honestly it goes back to the parents. Yes, the kids didn't need supervision, but what are you instilling in your kids when they pick up a knife and stab their own brother over a silly game. Now this kid will grow up in juvy and come out even more a criminal then when he went in. This is so disturbing.
Man 67

Nazareth, PA

#35 Jul 17, 2007
Trinny Apple wrote:
Are you kidding me. A death over a silly little game. My God, what is society teaching our youth. Honestly it goes back to the parents. Yes, the kids didn't need supervision, but what are you instilling in your kids when they pick up a knife and stab their own brother over a silly game. Now this kid will grow up in juvy and come out even more a criminal then when he went in. This is so disturbing.
Society is teaching todays kids the wonders of sex, bling bling, violence and drugs. What a fu'king world. It's only going to get worse, societys fabric is just fraying at the moment, wait till it gets torn to pieces...scary.
pippin

Erlanger, KY

#36 Jul 17, 2007
wut the fu*k is rong wit dat kid

“You call THIS civilization??”

Orefield, PA

#37 Jul 17, 2007
I feel it's parents, TV, video games, school -- constantly being bombarded with screwed up values, and not parents alone. Even the best intentioned parents who sincerely work to do their best can end up with messed up kids. Yeah, you're right, it's scary.
Judy

Breinigsville, PA

#38 Jul 17, 2007
What the heck kind of society are we living in. This kid killed his brother and now both lives are over...over a freakin game. I hope he gets the book thrown at him. I know he is 13 but he sure as hell knew what he was doing. Now he pays the piper.
Please Dont Judge

Harrisburg, PA

#40 Jul 17, 2007
Both parents are in their childrenís lives and are not bums. This was a good kid who had both parents and for what ever reason he snapped. This is not to be condoned but God is the Judge now, NOT ANY OF YOU PEOPLE. The family is very distraught and this mother & Father have lost both of their sons in this.It is unfortunate and sad that this has happened and only God knows why! and the only thing I get out of what happened to this FAMILY is, God chose to take these boys from this family for what ever reason, for what ever point heís trying to convey. Neither I nor you people, will ever know. PLEASE STOP SPECUALATING. One other thing, Parents can do the best they can for there children and sometimes they still go astray. This world has our children angry, scared and confused. PARENTS PLEASE LISTEN TO YOUR CHILDREN. UNDERSTAND WHEN THERE TEMPER IS OUT OF CONTROLL SEEK HELP FOR THEM AND DONíT ASSUME YOU ARE THE ONLY ONE THAT CAN HELP THEM. GET TO THE SOURCE OF THE PROBLEM AND TRY TO CHANNEL IT IN A POSITIVE DIRCTION. KEEP YOUR CHILDREN CONSTRUCTIVLY OCCUPIED AND OFF THE STREETS AND INVOLVED. THIS MAY HELP CONTROL THE ANGER, FEAR, FRUSTRATION AND CONFUSION OUR CHILDREN ARE FACING IN TODAY SOCIETY.
Please Dont Judge

Harrisburg, PA

#41 Jul 17, 2007
fellowes wrote:
Jahmir and Antwan...... I beat they were black, eventually they will just kill themselves off.
SO will the White Kids who more often then not, shoot up your schools.
It seems you are running "neck & neck" with the killings of your people Black & White a-like. But who's counting. Oh, Yeah, the "media", well their counting the black deaths.....and making excuses for the white deaths or hiding them

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lansdowne Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Cops: 10 pounds of pot wrongly sent to Pennsylv... Apr 23 Spotted Girl 3
Utility Cable Blocking/In Front of Light At Bal... Apr 12 blockedlight 1
News Man Clogs Toilet With Potatoes (Feb '15) Apr 5 Micks 16
Delivered Newspaper Thief In Drexel Hill Area Apr 5 NoNewsIsBadNews 1
Ignorant Snow Plow Contractors Dumping Private ... Mar '17 plowedunder 3
News Pa. woman warned about gator finds pot lab instead (Jul '09) Feb '17 She Pharted Hard 29
New recycle containers (Dec '08) Feb '17 walley 17

Lansdowne Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lansdowne Mortgages