Lansdowne boy stabs brother over video game -- themorningcall.com

Full story: The Morning Call

A 13-year-old boy fatally stabbed his older brother with a steak knife because the older boy refused to turn over a video game controller, authorities said.
Comments
1 - 20 of 73 Comments Last updated Jul 30, 2007
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
dflprd1

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2007

Our society is so sad, it has come to killing your brother over a video game.
fsaf

Bangor, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2007

Game over because you ran out of lives.
This New Format Sux

Lawrenceville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2007

"...but he was such a nice boy....".....
Patty O-Chair

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2007

Hmmm, I wonder if there might be a link between violent video games and behavior in real life
Flavious_Maximus

Orange, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2007

Any bets as to where the father is? Most likely in jail with the other 25% of African Americans under the age of 30.
ABC

Allentown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2007

They will bring a lawsuit against company who manufactured video game saying it wasn't safe.

“smarty pants”

Since: Apr 07

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2007

wow. what's wrong with kids?

“Made in America”

Since: Apr 07

Allentown, Pa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2007

wow...Patty I believe that there is a link between those violent games and real life...NewFormat...nice boys don't kill their brother...but some idiot will say it
Blue Mountain

Lansford, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2007

Mother out doing her thing. Who's your daddy, nobody knows. Kids left alone, probably for years with video games, movies etc. as their babysitter. Violence is all they know. This kids going to get put away for quite awhile.
Yes, it's sad.
Joe Thompson

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2007

Again, where are the parents? How does a 13 year old think it's alright to stab someone over a video game. House rule is to give the game control away when you lose a game? Whats the house rule on killing your brother? Put the parents in Jail.
Patty O-Chair

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2007

Thank you for getting my sarcasm

:D
Kelly

Blooming Glen, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2007

Why is there no mention of any parents or guardians at all? Were they home alone? Why wasn't the person in charge of them interviewed for the article? I'm sure the parents are pieces of trash, just like these kids are gonna be in a few years. It's a vicious cycle of irresponsibility and quite apparently violence. If I even started a fight about something as stupid as a video game when I was younger, my mom (or dad) would have taken the entire thing and no one would have played it at all.

These kids are like animals that are let loose to fend for themselves, and incidents like this are the end result.
lissy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2007

my god...sharing is caring people!!
Kelly

Blooming Glen, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2007

PS It's also frustrating to pretty much watch my tax dollars go right toward little gangster kids' jail time.
Patty O-Chair

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2007

Let's take a deep breath before we totally flambe the parents.

Maybe they were working? These are not small children that should have to be supervised.
Heartless

Allentown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2007

fsaf wrote:
Game over because you ran out of lives.
This was hillarious!!!
concerned

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2007

my name is wrote:
wow. what's wrong with kids?
Not with kids but with society.
Kelly

Blooming Glen, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2007

Patty O-Chair wrote:
Let's take a deep breath before we totally flambe the parents.
Maybe they were working? These are not small children that should have to be supervised.
Sure, they're old enough now that they shouldn't need parents supervising them. But the problem is that they obviously never had any valuable supervision when they were younger. Then again, I guess children shouldn't have to be told not to stab each other over a game.
concerned

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2007

Kelly wrote:
PS It's also frustrating to pretty much watch my tax dollars go right toward little gangster kids' jail time.
you certainly have a big heart. a boy is killed, society is falling apart and you sit talking about tax money and calling the kid a gangster. just remember it is someone's sons.
Kath

Allentown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2007

This is so sad. In video games when you stab something, it comes back to life the next time you press reset. Kids don't realize death in real life is forever. I feel for the parents who could have been outback resting on their patio.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Lansdowne Discussions

Search the Lansdowne Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
PA Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) 3 hr black panther 51,189
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) 4 hr From Clarks summit 3,815
One dead in shooting at hospital near Philadelphia 13 hr lock up all nutters 1
Darby , PA shooting Reflects our Violence Fille... Thu Culture Auditor 1
Trader Joe's coming to Pilgrim Gardens (Dec '10) Jul 15 Franky Carbone 22
Caught On Camera: Drexel Hill ManPunched In The... Jun '14 Bobby 9
Do you approve of Nicholas Micozzie as State Re... (May '12) Jun '14 NoWayFastEddie 3
•••
•••

Lansdowne News Video

•••
•••

Lansdowne Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Lansdowne People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE