Councilman Suggests Renaming Main Street 'Mike DiNunzio Way'

Oct 7, 2011 Full story: Patch.com

A borough councilman has recommended the Public Works Committee consider renaming Lansdale's Main Street "Mayor Mike DiNunzio Way." Jack Hansen brought up the idea to the committee Wednesday night.

Full Story
concerned parent

Lansdale, PA

#1 Oct 8, 2011
How about " The Only Road Ever Repaved"

Since: Oct 11

Doylestown, PA

#2 Oct 10, 2011
concerned parent wrote:
How about " The Only Road Ever Repaved"
Although that is nearly accurate, its not.

For someone who has been a staple in "Lansdale" for quite some time, I think it is appropriate to honor him in some way. About a year ago there was mention made about renaming Whites Road Park after Mayor Mike. I believe that decendants of the origional property owner Clarence White, argued that the name was chosen to honor Mr. White. The borough responded stating that the park was named after the road in which it sits on. The road it sits on was named after the origional property owner. Whites Road Park actually lies within the boundries of Upper Gwynedd Twp. That land was leased to Lansdale Borough to help supplement its park system after the propery was deemed unable to develop upon due to numerous amounds of flood planes and soft soil.

Renaming or "a.k.a'ing" a road after Mike is the honorable thing to do. He was re-elected how many times? 5 or 6? Perhaps renaming the Kugal ball area after him, or maybe the Madison Parking lot after him.

Give something in Lansdale that leaves a bad taste in Lansdalians mouths. Something that is under construction. Something that they can give a new name to something that is being revitalized or built to make Lansdale better. His dream was to have a thriving town. So honor him that way.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lansdale Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
lamb foundation!! DO NOT GO!!!!!! (May '09) Oct 17 Old woman at the ... 91
Hatfield Pool Radio noise and impact on surroun... Aug '14 Amanda 2
Barcode Scanner for Battery Run Times, Lift Tru... Jul '14 timjohnson74656 1
Jillian Mele Goes Back To School - About NBC 10... (Mar '08) Jul '14 Justin 41
Expect Delays on Northeast Extension as 'Massiv... Jun '14 informed 3
Third and Walnut Bar Closed May '14 Charlie 1
16 Year Old Charged With Attempted Rape Of Lans... (Feb '14) Feb '14 stopracismagainst 1

Lansdale News Video

Lansdale Dating
Find my Match

Lansdale Jobs

Lansdale People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Lansdale News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Lansdale

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]