Lans-Bowl Lanes destroyed in fire

There are 20 comments on the The Morning Call story from Mar 15, 2007, titled Lans-Bowl Lanes destroyed in fire. In it, The Morning Call reports that:

Lans-Bowl Lanes, a landmark bowling alley and popular hangout in Lansdale for more than six decades, was destroyed by an early morning fire that forced the evacuation of several homes and the closure of three ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Morning Call.

Kristen

AOL

#1 Mar 15, 2007
LansBowl was a great place and I wish the best of luck to the owners, the employees, and everyone who bowls there. I think it would be really smart if they rebuilt because it would be different but hopefully would bring about the same crowd. Many things for me happened at Lansbowl like I attended my first bowling match there, and I was on my first league there. On a little bit of a more personal level I also worked there at one time and I knew the employees and owners very well. Again, I hope they rebuild to be the best and show Lansdale never gives up. Good Luck again to everyone, your in my prayers.
rocky balboa

Bridgeton, NJ

#2 Mar 16, 2007
Rebuild the lanes...the people owe it to their community to be together in spirit.
Rosho

Sellersville, PA

#3 Mar 16, 2007
Lans bowl was the best i m in a bowling league n thts where we go to bowl each sunday now i dont no where we are gona bowl but lans bowl will nver b forgoten R.I.P. Lans bowl sad tragedy i even had my 13th bday party at lans bowl<333

nver b forgotten so many memories<333

“Smile for me!”

Since: Feb 07

United States

#5 Mar 21, 2007
i never made it here... but always wanted to. i hope they rebuild.
Avery

Irvington, NJ

#6 May 14, 2007
I miss the lansbowl. It was the only place I would bowl at and now I cant bowl anywhere. I hope the best for the owners and workers. Everyone will miss the lansbowl and we all hope they rebuild it.
Andrew

AOL

#7 Aug 1, 2007
I Hope The Best For Lansbowl It Was My Favorite Plase To Bowl. I Hope They Make A Lanbowl 2 Out Of The Origional Front With The Big Bowling Pin I Hope For The Best
PETER CURATO JR

United States

#8 Aug 16, 2007
THEY SHOULD PUT A SKATE PARK THERE. THE TOWNSHIP SHOULD BE PUTTING MORE EMPHASIS ON THE KIDS AND GETTING THEM OFF THE STREET AND PROVIDING THEM WITH THINGS TO DO INSTEAD OF SITTING IN AND PLAYING VIDEO GAMES ALL DAY.
Cathy

Havertown, PA

#9 Aug 17, 2007
PETER CURATO JR wrote:
THEY SHOULD PUT A SKATE PARK THERE. THE TOWNSHIP SHOULD BE PUTTING MORE EMPHASIS ON THE KIDS AND GETTING THEM OFF THE STREET AND PROVIDING THEM WITH THINGS TO DO INSTEAD OF SITTING IN AND PLAYING VIDEO GAMES ALL DAY.
LansBowl was a bowling alley, it did help keep kids off of the streets.
PETER CURATO JR

United States

#10 Aug 18, 2007
I KNOW IT WAS A BOWLING ALLEY BUT IT WOULD BE NICE TO SEE SOMETHING DIFFERENT. I BELEIVE LANSADLE HAS ANOTHER BOWLING ALLEY AS WELL. NOT ALL KIDS LIKE TO BOWL, THEY ENJOY OTHER ACTIVITIES ALSO.
Rich

Philadelphia, PA

#11 Aug 18, 2007
PETER CURATO JR wrote:
I KNOW IT WAS A BOWLING ALLEY BUT IT WOULD BE NICE TO SEE SOMETHING DIFFERENT. I BELEIVE LANSADLE HAS ANOTHER BOWLING ALLEY AS WELL. NOT ALL KIDS LIKE TO BOWL, THEY ENJOY OTHER ACTIVITIES ALSO.
The other bowling alley closed about 2 years ago. At this point there are no bowling alleys in Lansdale. The nice thing about bowling, is that it's fun for EVERYBODY not just kids. We have a very good YMCA, Boy and Girls Clubs, sports teams; Lansdale also has 2 beautiful pools, basketball and tennis courts. The schools offer MANY programs to keep kids busy. There is also Garden golf, as well as Freddie Hill; which has miniture golf, batting cages. I'm sure these places even have jobs for these kids. My son was not very good at sports; but we made sure he was ALWAYS busy. My wife and I, would take him to most of the activities, I have mentioned here. He also did a good job at finding things to keep himself busy. He would VOLUNTEER to help some of the local agenices; that DO NEED HELP. It's not Lansdale's job to keep these kids busy. The parents need to take a more active role in keeping their own kids busy.
PETER CURATO JR

United States

#12 Aug 18, 2007
IT'S ALL THE SAME. ALL I'M SAYING IS THAT IT WOULD BE NICE TO SEE SOMETHING DIFFERENT. A LOT OF KIDS LIKE TO SKATEBOARD AND IT IS NOT ALLOWED ANYWHERE BECAUSE PUBLIC PROPERTY SHOULD NOT BE USED FOR THAT REASON. YOUR RIGHT ABOUT PARENTS TAKING A MORE ACTIVE ROLE. KIDS STILL HAVE TO FIND A WAY TO GET THERETHEY SHOULD BUILD ONE BIG PARK THAT HAS A LITTLE BIT OF EVERYTHING FOR EVRYBODY.
Rich

Philadelphia, PA

#13 Aug 18, 2007
PETER CURATO JR wrote:
IT'S ALL THE SAME. ALL I'M SAYING IS THAT IT WOULD BE NICE TO SEE SOMETHING DIFFERENT. A LOT OF KIDS LIKE TO SKATEBOARD AND IT IS NOT ALLOWED ANYWHERE BECAUSE PUBLIC PROPERTY SHOULD NOT BE USED FOR THAT REASON. YOUR RIGHT ABOUT PARENTS TAKING A MORE ACTIVE ROLE. KIDS STILL HAVE TO FIND A WAY TO GET THERETHEY SHOULD BUILD ONE BIG PARK THAT HAS A LITTLE BIT OF EVERYTHING FOR EVRYBODY.
First of all I gave you many good ideas of things to keep kids busy. They weren't all "the same", they just weren't what you wanted to hear. Why should Lansdale or anyother town, spend tax money to build something; that will carry such a HIGH liabilty issue??? My taxes are high enough; and I don't want my hard earned tax money, to be used in such a manner. Here's idea for these kids, get jobs; then they won't have so much free time on their hands.
Kim

Philadelphia, PA

#14 Aug 21, 2007
I love how leaving a post about lansbowl turned into a debate about kids and giving them something to do. Im 19, I've been going to lansbowl since before I was born, and I was working there since about the age of 15. Lansbowl wasn't just a bowling ally, it was a home to many. Lansbowl is a part of Lansdale (look at the name), it has been this way for decades now. It wasn't just a place to bowl, but a place to have fun, meet people and so much more. That is where lansbowl was built, thats where it has always been. Therefore.. Lansbowl should rebuilt right where it was standing a few months ago. I can only hope they build it bigger and better, and you best belive I would drop every thing in a heart beat to go back there and help build it, and work there again.
Rich

Philadelphia, PA

#15 Aug 23, 2007
Kim wrote:
I love how leaving a post about lansbowl turned into a debate about kids and giving them something to do. Im 19, I've been going to lansbowl since before I was born, and I was working there since about the age of 15. Lansbowl wasn't just a bowling ally, it was a home to many. Lansbowl is a part of Lansdale (look at the name), it has been this way for decades now. It wasn't just a place to bowl, but a place to have fun, meet people and so much more. That is where lansbowl was built, thats where it has always been. Therefore.. Lansbowl should rebuilt right where it was standing a few months ago. I can only hope they build it bigger and better, and you best belive I would drop every thing in a heart beat to go back there and help build it, and work there again.
I agree with what you wrote. Very good post. I didn't grow up in this area, I'm from the Abington area. I felt this way about both Willow Grove Park; and also Willow Grove Park Bowling Alley. My family and I spent many hours at both the Park and the bowling alley. It's like putting on your favorite pair of jeans. It just feels good. I also hope they rebuild.
Scott

Malvern, PA

#16 Sep 3, 2007
I still remember turning on the news that morning and seeing and fire and not being able to believe what I was seeing. I worked at Lans Bowl for awhile as their Rock N' Bowl DJ and Mike and Danny were two of the best people to work for.

I got to know alot of people while working there and I hope they do rebuild the lanes cause it was a great place for everyone of all ages. I wish the best for Mike and Danny and I hope they are able to bring back a great icon of the Lansdale area.
seth

Gilbert, AZ

#17 Mar 10, 2008
boling is dum
seth

Gilbert, AZ

#18 Mar 10, 2008
jhgugjguy
mary

Fairport, NY

#19 Feb 20, 2009
seth wrote:
boling is dum
.. and your lack of grammar and spelling technique is quite amusing.
Recent Patron

Lansdale, PA

#20 Mar 25, 2009
I heard the owners set that fire purposely, or there was evidence pointing to that. LIke, they took a bunch of stuff out before the fire.
Professor Chaos

Marcus Hook, PA

#21 Mar 25, 2009
Why not rebuild the alley and put a skate park on the roof? Not like the noise is going to put anyone off.
PETER CURATO JR wrote:

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lansdale Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
lamb foundation!! DO NOT GO!!!!!! (May '09) Mon Bob R 93
manna on main st Apr '15 low pro 2
Review: Montgomery Wildlife Removal Apr '15 ShirleyWill12 2
News Lansdale students to protest nude pics Apr '15 dom 1
News Cops: Fish in shoe provided clue in Pa. man's a... Mar '15 zipperhead 2
News Peter Jok Atem, 32, has been charged with first... Feb '15 johnk22 1
News Police: Pa. man fatally stabs co-worker, writes... Feb '15 johnk22 1
More from around the web

Lansdale People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE