Pennsylvania Catholic college fires gay part-time professor

Full story: The York Daily Record

A Catholic college in Philadelphia says it has fired a part-time professor after learning from a post on his blog that he has been in a same-sex relationship for a decade and a half, which officials called contrary to church teaching.

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 25 of25
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“I hate watermelon!”

Since: Dec 10

Stroudsburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2011

Catherine wrote:
<quoted text>
Want to see evil? Look at the evil that homosexual priests did to the kids, lady.
Get a grip why don't you? Why would a homosexual want to work for the Catholic Church anyway? I tell you why, so they can infiltrate it, infest it, and change it, that's why.
No thanks, want a job? Go to the local beauty parlor.
Nice manners. Betcha I'm better-looking than you are anyway, at least when I was younger.

I agree a homosexual should not want to work for the RCC. I think it's horrible what the guilty priests did to a lot of the kids, but gays differ from pedophiles - educate yourself.

Your church has done a lot more harm than just the child abuse cases, or won't you admit that? It has used torture on "heretics" for one thing. They teach things that simply are not true. It is the largest landowner in the world and it's the richest institution. Jesus would love that, wouldn't He?

Your church is a joke. Look up the Cadaver Synod for one thing. See what your "one, true religion" resorted to.

Why don't YOU face reality? And you can look up Hitler's Pope while you're at it.

John Paul being slated for sainthood. Yeah, RIGHT. All saints cover up sexual abuse cases. He was good in some ways, but NOT a saint.

YOU get a grip - if you can.
enough

Netherlands

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2011

Sheryl 1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice manners. Betcha I'm better-looking than you are anyway, at least when I was younger.
I agree a homosexual should not want to work for the RCC. I think it's horrible what the guilty priests did to a lot of the kids, but gays differ from pedophiles - educate yourself.
Your church has done a lot more harm than just the child abuse cases, or won't you admit that? It has used torture on "heretics" for one thing. They teach things that simply are not true. It is the largest landowner in the world and it's the richest institution. Jesus would love that, wouldn't He?
Your church is a joke. Look up the Cadaver Synod for one thing. See what your "one, true religion" resorted to.
Why don't YOU face reality? And you can look up Hitler's Pope while you're at it.
John Paul being slated for sainthood. Yeah, RIGHT. All saints cover up sexual abuse cases. He was good in some ways, but NOT a saint.
YOU get a grip - if you can.
You love evil. It's apparent. So, stands to reason you've got a bitch with the Church.

“I hate watermelon!”

Since: Dec 10

Stroudsburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2011

enough wrote:
<quoted text>
You love evil. It's apparent. So, stands to reason you've got a bitch with the Church.
You're saying that everybody who doesn't agree with the RCC loves evil? You sound like you were brought up in Salem MA during the witch hysteria.

Nope, I don't like the RCC. It's WRONG about a lot of things, whether or not you want to admit it. And I'm not speaking of the pedophile priests - that is not the fault of the religion. I'm speaking of manmade DOGMA chiefly.

If my refusal to condemn gays as sinners qualifies me as evil, so be it. Are you one of those homophobes who thinks gays deserve punishment for the way God MADE THEM? You sure are narrow-minded if that's the case. A soul has no gender. Even God is neither man nor woman, but PARENT.
Jared

Downingtown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2011

Judged:

The number of men and women who have deep-seated homosexual tendencies is not negligible. This inclination, which is objectively disordered, constitutes for most of them a trial. They must be accepted with respect, compassion, and sensitivity. Every sign of unjust discrimination in their regard should be avoided. These persons are called to fulfill God's will in their lives and, if they are Christians, to unite to the sacrifice of the Lord's Cross the difficulties they may encounter from their condition.
Looks like Catholics don't even follow their own Catechism.
Geoffrey

Pottstown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2011

I realize this is now sort of "stale news," but recently, I found a comment on a news site that really got to the heart of this whole matter. This man is playing us all for fools.

"Thomas Q." left the following comment, addressed to the Daily News reported that orginally broke the story. It's a sad comment on what wears "a collar" these days.
==========
3.28.2011 | 6:53pm

Since Philly.com won't post my comments about this story, I was wondering whether [Ronnie] will answer a couple of questions I have about her involvement with Jim St. George:

1. When did you find out that he is a convicted felon?

2. When did you find out that he was fired by Albert Einstein for impersonating a Roman Catholic priest?

3. When did you find out that he was fired by Lehigh Valley Hospital for impersonating a Roman Catholic priest?

4. When did you find out that your column about St. George "concelebrating" the Cassidy Mass with the "permission" of Rigali was a predicated on a complete and utter lie?

5. When did you find out that Jim St. George stole over a million dollars from people who invested in his casket business?

6. When did you find out that he was dishonorably discharged from the Navy?

7. Ask him about why he was expelled from the Episcopal seminary (Virginia Theological). It involves forgery....Or did you know that back story already? It's quite something...

8. Do you know about all of his bankruptcies?

9. What is it like to be played by a 21st century version of a snake oil salesman?

You see..the reason he "settled" with CHC is that he didn't want to answer questions about these things...for good reason.
==========

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 25 of25
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Lansdale News Video

•••
•••

Lansdale Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Lansdale People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE