concerned parent

Souderton, PA

#1 Sep 3, 2011
Recent article in the newspaper says attempts to put a bowling alley in the old Clemens on main st or the old Super Foodtown on broad st fell thru. According to them there is no other locations in Lansdale. First thing, why a bowling alley?( with a bar by the way) nobody ever went to the last two alleys in lansdale, I know because before they tore down town and country , my wife and I used to go there to throw darts and it was always a ghost town. They just built Molly maguires , and now they are bringing in a micro brewery, how many bars are they going to put in?!!?!!? Here is were I'm getting to, why won't lansdale ever put something for kids in ? Why not help the boys and girls club move into one of those buildings, they could use more space. How about an indoor sports center, or a place with after school activities for all the kids. Never even a thought among the council about the youth. No wonder everyone leaves.

Since: Oct 11

Doylestown, PA

#2 Oct 5, 2011
I see what you are saying. Its a little difficult to do something of the things you mentioned with most of the older buildings on Main St. The plans for the Family Fun Center in the old Clemens property at Hillcrest was supposed to be just that. A Family Fun Center. Town and Country as well as LansBowl were both considered family fun centers becuase they had bowling, arcade and a bar. What was propsed for Hillcrest was supposed to be very similar to Faceneda Whittacker Lanes in East Norriton. That place is packed all the time. I have to say, that Ive never been in the Boys and Girls club so I don't know that they are busting at the seams and in need of more room. I really cant think of a better place for them other than the old Clemens (which I think is comparable to what they have now except they would have better parking) or renovating and moving into some of the larger brick buildings on Walnut St near Pierce or Third St. They could even sell the building they are in which I think they own and build something brand new elsewhere.

Im not that old (i was a kid in the 80's and 90's), but when I was a kid, we had the Lansdale pools, YMCA, organized sports leagues, extra school programs and playgrounds. I gotta tell you I really think kids rather be home playing the video games whether its online or xbox type stuff. Its today's society and its everywhere. Maybe someone could open a business where you have yearly memberships to a virtual reality hang out. Video games, virtual interactive sports, vitural golf or baseball, movie theater for friday and saturday night movies that the teens can go to and be safe.
concerned parent

Souderton, PA

#3 Oct 6, 2011
st80ugfd80 wrote:
I see what you are saying. Its a little difficult to do something of the things you mentioned with most of the older buildings on Main St. The plans for the Family Fun Center in the old Clemens property at Hillcrest was supposed to be just that. A Family Fun Center. Town and Country as well as LansBowl were both considered family fun centers becuase they had bowling, arcade and a bar. What was propsed for Hillcrest was supposed to be very similar to Faceneda Whittacker Lanes in East Norriton. That place is packed all the time. I have to say, that Ive never been in the Boys and Girls club so I don't know that they are busting at the seams and in need of more room. I really cant think of a better place for them other than the old Clemens (which I think is comparable to what they have now except they would have better parking) or renovating and moving into some of the larger brick buildings on Walnut St near Pierce or Third St. They could even sell the building they are in which I think they own and build something brand new elsewhere.

Im not that old (i was a kid in the 80's and 90's), but when I was a kid, we had the Lansdale pools, YMCA, organized sports leagues, extra school programs and playgrounds. I gotta tell you I really think kids rather be home playing the video games whether its online or xbox type stuff. Its today's society and its everywhere. Maybe someone could open a business where you have yearly memberships to a virtual reality hang out. Video games, virtual interactive sports, vitural golf or baseball, movie theater for friday and saturday night movies that the teens can go to and be safe.
Good ideas! Finally someone who thinks rationally and forms thoughts before they post! Thank you for your reply, I am also around your age and although the Y and cannoneers football. Pools, and lansdale baseball were there, your right, that was it. I also see your point about kids not wanting to be out, I walk my dog around souderton most weekend nights and I barely even see 1 kid out ever! Good to have real conversation, thank you!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lansdale Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
adult world (Jun '11) Jun 13 Curious bro 14
lamb foundation!! DO NOT GO!!!!!! (May '09) Jun 5 Concerned 112
News What's Open on Martin Luther King Jr. Day? (Jan '13) Apr '17 Democrappy 2
Mary jane (Jan '16) Mar '17 Johnny d 4
North Penn School Board--PATRONAGE JOBS Mar '17 Johnny d 2
Do you go BRALESS? (WOMEN ONLY PLS.) (Sep '16) Sep '16 Jan 2
noxious smell (Jul '12) Aug '16 Sindy 10

Lansdale Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance