Extending rail service north of Lansd...

Extending rail service north of Lansdale under study

There are 13 comments on the Philly.com story from Apr 28, 2011, titled Extending rail service north of Lansdale under study. In it, Philly.com reports that:

Commuter trains could return to upper Montgomery and Bucks Counties if the counties and SEPTA can find $182 million to restore eight miles of the rail service that last operated there in 1981.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Philly.com.

Jersey Duke

United States

#1 May 1, 2011
Good old SEPTA. When the upper bucks community started to experience rapid growth, they stopped the train service. There was a private individual that wanted to run something like a diesel powered trolley: SEPTA put up roadblock after roadblock until he gave up. The same thing happened in Newtown. We need to kick some butt and get this service started again, all they do is talk about it!
southpark69

Newtown Square, PA

#2 May 1, 2011
It will never happen.
smiley

Sunbury, PA

#3 May 2, 2011
I believe I read that it can possibly extend into perkasie but not beyond that -too cost prohibitive.

Besides, this deal was being talked about for a good 25 yrs...and still nothing.

It will take a private individual, and its obvious they wont allow that.
Nummie

Hong Kong

#4 May 2, 2011
smiley wrote:
I believe I read that it can possibly extend into perkasie but not beyond that -too cost prohibitive.
Besides, this deal was being talked about for a good 25 yrs...and still nothing.
It will take a private individual, and its obvious they wont allow that.
Also read they are talking about shuttle service from the QTown area, down to where they want to extend service around Hilltown/Perkasie
smiley

Sunbury, PA

#5 May 2, 2011
Nummie wrote:
<quoted text>
Also read they are talking about shuttle service from the QTown area, down to where they want to extend service around Hilltown/Perkasie
Shuttle service is not the same as riding the rail.

And it will undoubtedly add to the expense of your ride.
Nummie

Hong Kong

#6 May 2, 2011
smiley wrote:
<quoted text>
Shuttle service is not the same as riding the rail.
And it will undoubtedly add to the expense of your ride.
You just feel like fighting this morning. It would be a short jump to the train, which would then be a direct shot into the city. It would be better than no shuttle. They are not going to bring service up to QTown. That's pretty much understood at this point.
Miller

Norristown, PA

#7 May 2, 2011
Whatever it takes, it would be good for Quakertown to have rail service. It is integral to the revitalization of the downtown area.
Wake the Eff up

Quakertown, PA

#9 May 2, 2011
Miller wrote:
Whatever it takes, it would be good for Quakertown to have rail service. It is integral to the revitalization of the downtown area.
Didn't you read the article? This would not restore rail service to Quakertown.
smiley

Sunbury, PA

#10 May 2, 2011
Nummie wrote:
<quoted text>
You just feel like fighting this morning. It would be a short jump to the train, which would then be a direct shot into the city. It would be better than no shuttle. They are not going to bring service up to QTown. That's pretty much understood at this point.
Excuse me!

The reason they dont want the rail lines up in Saucon Valley area should be obvious-They dont want to make it easier for the city to have yet another way to invade their bucolic setting.

Really...its as simple as that. The lines are gone and they aint ever comin back.

I rode all those trains in my youth, too bad that "progressive minds" destroyed it all.

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#11 May 4, 2011
What Septa needs is competition the government wants people to use mass transit but Septa goes backwards and the government. Cuts funding . I wonder how other countries deal with mass transit and Septa is falling apart.
Septa sucks

Jenkintown, PA

#12 Dec 3, 2011
I would love train to qtown
Aimee

Philadelphia, PA

#14 Dec 3, 2011
Question, I see the trains running back & forth & God knows Dave hears it lol. How far down does it run safely? I would like positive responses please, save the drama for your mama.
It would be nice to have some type of service like that.
Yo cuz

United States

#15 Dec 3, 2011
Why so the coons can rob and go?
Aimee wrote:
Question, I see the trains running back & forth & God knows Dave hears it lol. How far down does it run safely? I would like positive responses please, save the drama for your mama.
It would be nice to have some type of service like that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lansdale Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
lamb foundation!! DO NOT GO!!!!!! (May '09) Nov 15 John doe 116
how do you get a guy to give you oral sex? (Apr '11) Oct 24 Dont know what to... 19
adult world (Jun '11) Oct '17 horny 20
Review: Apple Family Dentistry (Jul '10) Oct '17 missingtooth 24
Anyone know this guy Oct '17 WashingtonCutie 1
News US Sen. Pat Toomey takes shots at Trump on elec... Sep '17 weaponX 3
Cold Cuts Merch Sep '17 Fallon 1

Lansdale Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lansdale Mortgages