Would it be nice to have an authentic...

Would it be nice to have an authentic Italian market in Lansdale?

Posted in the Lansdale Forum

Since: Oct 11

Doylestown, PA

#1 Oct 10, 2011
What do you think?
Remember Montella's?
concerned parent

Souderton, PA

#2 Oct 11, 2011
st80ugfd80 wrote:
What do you think?
Remember Montella's?
Maybe an Italian / Jewish deli, authentic! Fresh bread, smears, corn beef( good)! Keep in mind you do have competition , the hearth baker, the deli in the train station( he's pretty good) and the deli off 4th? Street. But something on par with the one in montgomeryville.
concerned parent

Souderton, PA

#3 Oct 11, 2011
st80ugfd80 wrote:
What do you think?
Remember Montella's?
Pumpernicks! And Giulianos! Also their is main street deli, and lansdale meats! Better offer something none of them have!

Doylestown, PA

#4 Oct 11, 2011
Well its been something that Ive wanted to do for a while. Im thinking along the lines of Sam's Italian Market in Abington. Selling imported cheese, meat, oils. Selling hearth bakers break or baking my own. Authentic Italian side dishes would be available like roasted or fired peppers, shooters, marinated olives, various types of italian deli style salads, imported pastas.
concerned parent

Souderton, PA

#5 Oct 11, 2011
st80ugfd80 wrote:
Well its been something that Ive wanted to do for a while. Im thinking along the lines of Sam's Italian Market in Abington. Selling imported cheese, meat, oils. Selling hearth bakers break or baking my own. Authentic Italian side dishes would be available like roasted or fired peppers, shooters, marinated olives, various types of italian deli style salads, imported pastas.
Have you lived in lansdale? Seriously, I'm not being mean. Your idea sounds good, yet sounds expensive . Alot of lansdale residents are lower middle class into working poor. Keep in mind where your speaking of. A little something nice made a good move after struggling for years, he grabbed the commuters by moving into the train station, but those people don't wander around, lansdale is confusing to navigate for those unfamiliar. A more affluent area might take more to your specifications than lansdale. Revolves around my whole point in the other post, that places like the Irish pub aren't for residents, they are for outsiders. Will not succeed depending on outsiders!!!

Doylestown, PA

#6 Oct 11, 2011
Ive live in Lansdale and have for all of my 27 years so far. Dont forget that there was once an Italian Market in the area called Montellas. It was located on Cowpath Rd. between the RR crossing and Walnut St.(100 Cowpath Rd.) He closed the store and demolished the building to build a mixed use commercial property. That place was just as packed as Sams Italian Market is in Abington. Its not that it would not be high priced, its that you can get items that you dont find in our local grocery store. There are alot of Italians in Lansdale and adjacent municipalities. Im not saying that I will only cater to Italians. There are plenty of people out there that love the authenticity of Italian culinaries. Look at how many Japanesse Hibachis, Sushi resturaunts have been introduced to the Lansdale area over the last 5 years and are THRIVING! Perhaps an Italian market is not a good store for downtown Lansdale, simply because parking is scarce along the street, and those that come to shop wouldnt want to walk 2 blocks out of the Madison Parking lot to my store. My idea is good for a shopping center with plenty of space.
concerned parent

Souderton, PA

#7 Oct 11, 2011
st80ugfd80 wrote:
Ive live in Lansdale and have for all of my 27 years so far. Dont forget that there was once an Italian Market in the area called Montellas. It was located on Cowpath Rd. between the RR crossing and Walnut St.(100 Cowpath Rd.) He closed the store and demolished the building to build a mixed use commercial property. That place was just as packed as Sams Italian Market is in Abington. Its not that it would not be high priced, its that you can get items that you dont find in our local grocery store. There are alot of Italians in Lansdale and adjacent municipalities. Im not saying that I will only cater to Italians. There are plenty of people out there that love the authenticity of Italian culinaries. Look at how many Japanesse Hibachis, Sushi resturaunts have been introduced to the Lansdale area over the last 5 years and are THRIVING! Perhaps an Italian market is not a good store for downtown Lansdale, simply because parking is scarce along the street, and those that come to shop wouldnt want to walk 2 blocks out of the Madison Parking lot to my store. My idea is good for a shopping center with plenty of space.
True, 27? Are you a nphs grad?

Doylestown, PA

#8 Oct 11, 2011
27 yes. Went to LC fresh,soph and half of jr, transfered to np 2nd half of jr and then full time at the tech school for my secior year. So technically I graduated from North Penn but really only went there for 4 months my jr year.
concerned parent

Souderton, PA

#9 Oct 12, 2011
st80ugfd80 wrote:
27 yes. Went to LC fresh,soph and half of jr, transfered to np 2nd half of jr and then full time at the tech school for my secior year. So technically I graduated from North Penn but really only went there for 4 months my jr year.
I went to np, I'm 35 so I doubt we crossed paths. What do you do now?

Doylestown, PA

#10 Oct 14, 2011
concerned parent wrote:
<quoted text>
I went to np, I'm 35 so I doubt we crossed paths. What do you do now?
Police and Fire dispatcher for the County of Bucks 911. you?
concerned parent

Souderton, PA

#11 Oct 15, 2011
st80ugfd80 wrote:
<quoted text>Police and Fire dispatcher for the County of Bucks 911. you?
Machinist. Are you married?kids? Heck, are you a woman or a man, I don't even know!

Doylestown, PA

#12 Oct 15, 2011
email me [email protected]

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lansdale Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Do you go BRALESS? (WOMEN ONLY PLS.) Sep 19 Jan 2
adult world (Jun '11) Sep 11 submarine 11
Mary jane (Jan '16) Sep 7 Scotty BenWa 3
noxious smell (Jul '12) Aug '16 Sindy 10
News Fischer's Park to host Holiday Lights Festival (Apr '09) Aug '16 Stephen Young 13
News Lansdale police want man in connection with bea... (Sep '07) Jul '16 ntownboogie 35
News Montco woman held for trial in ex-husband's sla... Jun '16 v fosgate 1

Lansdale Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lansdale Mortgages