AIG Sues Huguely Over Insurance Claim

AIG Sues Huguely Over Insurance Claim

There are 12 comments on the NBC29 Charlottesville story from May 9, 2013, titled AIG Sues Huguely Over Insurance Claim. In it, NBC29 Charlottesville reports that:

A former University of Virginia lacrosse player convicted of killing his ex-girlfriend is being sued by American International Group Inc.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC29 Charlottesville.

Someone

Stanardsville, VA

#1 May 22, 2013
So I guess Mom and Dad want their homeowners insurance to foot the liability bill for their son's murderous temper? And w/o him even cooperating? I usually don't side with big corporations, but his time I hope AIG gets their breach of contract. Why should anyone's insurance rates go up because of his abominable behavior. Let him foot the bill himself. Though I simply cannot believe that his parents did not know that their son had some serious issues, even the most well intentioned of parents make mistakes/oversights in regards to their kids. Their homeowners policy should have nothing to do with his murdering at another location at all,IMHO.
Thinking free

Richmond, VA

#2 May 22, 2013
oops, mom and dad $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
fish 100

Charlottesville, VA

#3 May 22, 2013
Someone wrote:
So I guess Mom and Dad want their homeowners insurance to foot the liability bill for their son's murderous temper? And w/o him even cooperating? I usually don't side with big corporations, but his time I hope AIG gets their breach of contract. Why should anyone's insurance rates go up because of his abominable behavior. Let him foot the bill himself. Though I simply cannot believe that his parents did not know that their son had some serious issues, even the most well intentioned of parents make mistakes/oversights in regards to their kids. Their homeowners policy should have nothing to do with his murdering at another location at all,IMHO.
Hope they have a policy on his BUTT, the (hole) thing)!!!!!
huck

Charlottesville, VA

#4 May 22, 2013
Wow, I didn't know you could insure against murder.
citizen

Moneta, VA

#5 May 22, 2013
huck wrote:
Wow, I didn't know you could insure against murder.
You can't insure against any illegal act. You can try to say something was an accident but then you have to prove it to the satisfaction of the insurance company and their investigators really know their stuff. They have seen murder done a million different ways in order to try and collect on life insurance policies.
citizen

Moneta, VA

#6 May 22, 2013
I seriously doubt this has anything to do with a homeowners policy. More likely a personal accident policy of some type but this is good since everybody will get some education about insurance as the details become known. Note that his REFUSAL to answer questions is one of the central issues here. The insurance law codes will pick up where arrogant central Virginia hicksville legal precedent leaves off.
To The Poorhouse

Greenville, VA

#7 May 22, 2013
I hope once all is said and done the Huguely's will be in a van down by the river. Every single one of them. Go for it AIG and wipe that arrogant sneer off Daddy's face
Gru

Charlottesville, VA

#8 May 22, 2013
To The Poorhouse wrote:
I hope once all is said and done the Huguely's will be in a van down by the river. Every single one of them. Go for it AIG and wipe that arrogant sneer off Daddy's face
Don't laugh -- at least the radio works ...
Juror013

Charlottesville, VA

#9 May 22, 2013
I think AIG might be on the hook for any award in the civil suit, not the criminal trial.

Since: Jun 13

Dublin

#10 Jun 27, 2013
citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't insure against any illegal act. You can try to say something was an accident but then you have to prove it to the satisfaction of the insurance company and their investigators really know their stuff. They have seen murder done a million different ways in order to try and collect on life insurance policies.
I think you are right! There are many factors that affect any insurance policy whether it be a life insurance or any other insurance.
A Person

Charlottesville, VA

#12 Jun 27, 2013
To The Poorhouse wrote:
I hope you get hit by a car today on your way home from work.
Gnu

Charlottesville, VA

#13 Jun 27, 2013
Pleading the 5th is legal and effective, Congressmen do it all the time.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lanham Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News O'Malley to Announce Presidential Plans on May 30 May 15 Candace 1
News Group of Mothers to March Against Police Brutal... May 14 Uber-Bro of the U... 1
News Spy Agency: Kim Jong Un Executes North Korea De... May 13 The last don 1
News 41 bunnies need homes after fire (Mar '14) May 5 Michel 5
News Greenbelt Man Admits to Soliciting Production o... (Jul '09) May 4 Concerned 2
News Enough delay, ita s time to deliver the Purple ... Apr 30 NIHUBERALLES 1
News Officers Injured, Baltimore Businesses Shut Dow... Apr '15 Mad 1
More from around the web

Lanham People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]