Woman Struck, Killed In Hit-And-Run

Woman Struck, Killed In Hit-And-Run

There are 34 comments on the NBC 4 Washington, DC story from Aug 25, 2008, titled Woman Struck, Killed In Hit-And-Run. In it, NBC 4 Washington, DC reports that:

Police in Prince George's County are investigating a fatal hit-and-run in Langley Park.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC 4 Washington, DC.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
CONCERNED CITIZEN

United States

#2 Aug 25, 2008
Skip wrote:
Not in langley park. OMG, I mean in McLean or Bethesda where scufflaws run amok, and nobody has insurance or cares about the felony of hit and run, I can see it but not in Langleypark where thousands of law abiding people come from all over the world to seek a better life...
If they came to langley park to seek a better life then they must have been on a non-stop flight from hell.
Get to your response to the story...how are your comments related to this story? My condolences to the family.

I still have confidence in those Reskins"!!!!
Jim

Cabin John, MD

#3 Aug 25, 2008
This is getting out of hand! The Mexican government must make efforts to educate its citizens about America's pedestrian laws before they jump the fence and become illegal immigrants.
Blackhart

Upper Marlboro, MD

#4 Aug 25, 2008
Langley Park, filled with illegal's, that's why it was a hit and run, afraid of being deported. And you wonder why we want them out of this country. Now a person has died because they are running from the law. My prayers to the woman's family.
Saddened

Gunpowder, MD

#5 Aug 25, 2008
More than likely she was Hispanic because they do not know that drivers here in this area are insensitive walkers.

Plus the majority of foreigners in this area do not know how to cross the street and must think all drivers can see them.

Sometimes there are blind spots poeople!

I hope this individual turns themself in; and do not get away with it!

Why do they run!?!?!? It's so stupid!
Gee

Gunpowder, MD

#7 Aug 25, 2008
Speaking of the DMV; more than likely the hit and run driver was Hispanic too! And if so, they will never catch him because the license plates are NOT registered to a white GMC van!
DMA from Washington DC

Washington, DC

#8 Aug 25, 2008
Probably on her way to work and a COWARD hits and kills her. I hope they find this low life and her/his punishment should be to get hit and run over by a car so this person will feel the same pain this poor woman felt. No excuse will do for what this person did!!
DMA from Washington DC

Washington, DC

#9 Aug 25, 2008
The article says nothing about the race of the victim or driver. What does the race of the people have to do with it? A woman has lost her life!!
Outraged

Baltimore, MD

#10 Aug 25, 2008
Am I the only one who thinks that these idiots now own the road??? If they're not running into other cars, they're mowing down pedestrians.

WAKE UP LEGISLATORS!!! It's time you do something.
Randal

Waldorf, MD

#11 Aug 25, 2008
Since there is a good chance the driver was an illegal, much of the blame should be directed at Maryland for allowing illegal's to have a drivers license when they can't even read the road signs. The majority of our signs are not international. Additionally many/most illegal's have never driven a vehicle in their own countries.
Washington DC

Oxon Hill, MD

#12 Aug 25, 2008
The article does leave important details out and really shows a lack of care for the hit and run victom as a whole. Why not at least describe the hit and run driver? Someone say the white gmc truck but not who was driving? Please...can not pull over/report every single white gmc truck for DC government has as fleet of white gmc trucks nevermond gmc being such a popular truck anyways.

Lacking details that could help is the status quo and motus operatus. Why bother to even report any crime if details are lacking or a secret.
Marcea

Washington, DC

#13 Aug 25, 2008
How sad that someone has no conscience.
DMA from Washington DC

Washington, DC

#14 Aug 25, 2008
Washington DC wrote:
The article does leave important details out and really shows a lack of care for the hit and run victom as a whole. Why not at least describe the hit and run driver? Someone say the white gmc truck but not who was driving? Please...can not pull over/report every single white gmc truck for DC government has as fleet of white gmc trucks nevermond gmc being such a popular truck anyways.
Lacking details that could help is the status quo and motus operatus. Why bother to even report any crime if details are lacking or a secret.
You are constanly complaining about the reporting and dedails being left out. They cannot give details unless they have them DUH. Why don't you go and get a job with NBC and see if you can do a better job!!
DMA from Washington DC

Washington, DC

#15 Aug 25, 2008
details
Washington DC

Oxon Hill, MD

#16 Aug 25, 2008
Marcea wrote:
How sad that someone has no conscience.
Exactly and had the victom been at fault for illegally crossing the driver may not have been sighted or blamed. Not helping the victom who ever she may have been leaving her to die in the road alone is sad.
Washington DC

Oxon Hill, MD

#17 Aug 25, 2008
DMA from Washington DC wrote:
<quoted text>
You are constanly complaining about the reporting and dedails being left out. They cannot give details unless they have them DUH. Why don't you go and get a job with NBC and see if you can do a better job!!
LANGLEY PARK, Md.(WUSA)--Prince Georges County police say that an adult woman was struck and killed at the intersection of 15th Avenue and University Boulevard in Langley Park, Maryland.

Police say the accident occurred at approximately 5:21 AM and that the vehicle fled the scene.

Police say they are looking for a white GMC truck or van.

University Boulevard is closed westbound for crash reconstruction.

Written by 9NEWS NOW

There are already Metropolitian news agencies taking up the slack here but have to agree with you if posting from other news outlets counts as reporting then I am already on staff.

We are talking about a hit and run driver here who could hit and run anyone and all should be vigilent to get this sad individual.

Since: Sep 07

Guthrie, OK

#18 Aug 25, 2008
Hey, whatever happened to the Shakey's restaurant catty-corner from the Tick Tock? I know they closed, but what is it now?

You all need to stop the hatin' for a while. A life was lost and the only thing folks can do is spew their ignorant and downright racist drivel. Look back in history and I'm sure you'll find that some of the greatest titans of industry who immigrated from this country probably had to "put a little work into it".

Asshats.
Washington DC

Oxon Hill, MD

#19 Aug 25, 2008
<quoted text>
Investigators are searching for a driver who struck and killed a woman on University Boulevard in Langley Park early Monday morning and took off.

The victim, described as a 45-year-old woman, was crossing University Boulevard between 15th Avenue and Riggs Road about 5:15 a.m. when she was struck, said Prince George's County police.

The woman was pronounced dead on the scene. The striking vehicle, described as a white GMC van or truck, fled the scene.

"It's almost incomprehensible," said Paul Kozak, a cyclist. "It's sad. Obviously I feel for her family, her friends. I think it says something about our society, these events are becoming more and more commonplace."

People who work in the area say lots of people cross the street without using the crosswalk. The median has signs clearly warning people not to walk there.

"They should have blocked this street over here because people always come and cross it -- it's very dangerous," said Manny Pineda, a pedestrian.

The Westbound lanes of University Boulevard between Riggs Road and 14th Avenue were closed while an accident reconstruction team gathered evidence. Police say the lanes reopened around 9:30 a.m.

Here is another news agency abc 7 again with more details than nbc.

Since: Sep 07

Guthrie, OK

#20 Aug 25, 2008
Sorry, I meant "immigrated to"...

You're still asshats.
PTTP

Fairfax, VA

#21 Aug 25, 2008
Washington,DC it's simple; stop posting on NBC4, read other news sites, and quit whinning.

You are an anal retentive whiner!
Blackhart

Upper Marlboro, MD

#22 Aug 25, 2008
The article says nothing about the race of the victim or driver. What does the race of the people have to do with it? A woman has lost her life!!
DMA from Washington, been to Langley Park lately? Still regardless of race she was probably killed by someone in the country illegally and that's why they took off. Go to Langley Park if you dare, I won't get within 50 miles of that place. I'd rather walk the streets of DC!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Langley Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: I Love Kickboxing - Hyattsville (Jan '16) Sep 17 psubec 136
News College Park, Maryland won't allow non-citizens... Sep 15 Wildchild 1
News College Park, Maryland will now allow immigrant... Sep 13 Wildchild 1
Review: iLoveKickboxing - Falls Church Sep 6 Tamara T 26
News 18TH ST. GANG: 4 charged in teen's slaying in G... (Jun '09) Sep 2 18bigMtf 27
Reggae is 100% Jamaican...NOT Puerto Rican (Mar '10) Aug '17 Panarican12 86
car repair Aug '17 j99mac 1

Langley Park Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Langley Park Mortgages