I knew him well

Pikeville, KY

#62 Feb 1, 2011
i know he was a good guy when we were young we used to play ball and run around we didnt talk much after high school just hi and bye. everyone has heard things. being from martin/maytown i know there are alot of places a person could end up. i hope for his sake he is in wit sec. at least he would be alive but somehow someone should let his parents know.. so they arent looking for him, cant imagine how i would feel...
Someone knows

Bonnyman, KY

#63 Mar 9, 2011
I lived there, the summer he dissappeared. It was said that he was wearing a wire and trying to bust people in town. Then he just vanished. He was a nice guy, just caught up in a bad world. It was also rumor that ben killed him, thats what everyone said back then. But you couldn't prove anything. Just like the child abuse, everyone knew what he was doing to those beautiful girls, but nothing could be done.. I personally called child services, but nothing ever happened. It was heartbreaking that it was public knowledge what this man did, and nothing was ever done about it. Those girls or Mike, didn't deserve what happened to them. The system fails everyone. Everyone that could have helped, that had witnessed what he did, wouldn't do anything. So, those people that could have stopped this and didn't are just a guilty. LOts of people there seen the stuff that this man did, and wouldn't report it. So, those girl's suffered for years, and Mike lost his life. Nothing is secret in Maytown, someone knows what happen to Mike, prob even where he is. But still nobody will stand up and do the right thing. It was also rumor then that Mike was at his sisters in lex,( that was suppose to be checked out and he wasn't there) or in protective custody, but I dont believe that. I pray that one day his family will have peace, that they can lay this boy to rest.
Good luck

Logan, WV

#64 Mar 9, 2011
How old is Mike, I know a Mike Allen but he is probably early 50's now. Haven't seen him in a long time.
slone

Richmond, KY

#65 Mar 13, 2011
i would like to no what is goin on with this to. who was he seen with last does anybody no?
abc

Richmond, KY

#66 Mar 20, 2011
hes in his late 30's to early 40's i believe
Jeff

Evansville, IN

#67 Mar 23, 2011
He would be in his late 30's. I know from family and friends that he left behind his car and never checked his emails or used his credit ever again after the date he went missing. If he were in witness protection I don't think that would happen, especially not 10 years later, and I don't think Mike would be in witness protection LOL. He was into drugs, too and was not some innocent trying to rat on people. He is dead for sure, is my opinion. Good friend of mine, too. Weird looking at this site to find people still talking about it. I heard he was at an apartment in Maytown? Martin? the night he went missing, and some people wanted the dope in his pocket.
posd

Prestonsburg, KY

#68 Mar 26, 2011
hang on it is comming
abc

Corbin, KY

#69 Mar 27, 2011
i wish they'd hurry and figure somethin out! i miss him!!!!!!
Looking for something

Manchester, KY

#70 Mar 28, 2011
I know the ksp and the floyd co rescue was looking in a well in turkey vreek today they were at a friends house and they told him a gun that was linked to a cold case thats all i could find out he bought the property around 10 years ago
Rhonda Kendrick

Manchester, KY

#72 Mar 30, 2011
first of all its my property...i have been here 12 years...i am a girl....who are you??? and I have signed a paper stating that I give them permission to search the property and I will not say why....and no...nothing was found....but who are you "looking for something"????
telltell

Pikeville, KY

#73 Mar 30, 2011
come on; please say why Rhonda! we're nosey here on topix.
hello

Hazard, KY

#74 Mar 31, 2011
and hell, dont be so uptight.
Rhonda

Pikeville, KY

#75 Mar 31, 2011
yeah that's whats wrong with everything today....if topix was like it should be, then it would all be about bake sales and church socials....everywhere else is like that...but of course not here....everyone is on checks they shouldn't be on and nothing else to do but stir up trouble....one of the whole reasons I've had to see a detective for two days straight....
Rhonda

Pikeville, KY

#76 Apr 1, 2011
Looking for something wrote:
I know the ksp and the floyd co rescue was looking in a well in turkey vreek today they were at a friends house and they told him a gun that was linked to a cold case thats all i could find out he bought the property around 10 years ago
I was just wondering who this friend is that bought this property 2 years after i did...seeing as i bought it going on 13 years and have lived here this entire time???????!!!
friend

Clay City, KY

#77 Apr 16, 2011
i miss mike 2. he was always good to me. i wish they would find him for his family.
MKM

Paintsville, KY

#78 Nov 11, 2011
Mike was my friend. Mike made mistakes but so do we all... I remember Kelly and Christine and I heard that their father killed Mike. I had no idea that he was a child molester. What I know about Mike is that he would have done the right thing when it came down to the health and welfare of others - especially children. As I recall, Kelly was 13 or 14 around that time. She was a nice girl. Mike was always for the underdog; Mike wanted to help people, animals, etc. Mike was a sensitive person. Like all sensitive people, he realized feelings can be overwhelming and loneliness hard to bear. Drugs helped ease the discomfort and also provided comeraderie of others who liked to do drugs and have a good time. I'm touched by the sentiment in this forum; the recognition that Mike was wonderful and made wonderful contributions to mankind, all while suffering in private. If you knew Mike, then you understand, if you did not know him, he was great. If this situation were reversed and I was missing, he would have done what he could to help find me or bring my killer to justice. I am ashamed that I cannot do more than to share my knowledge of him in life.
I heard that Mr. Marshall also killed his sister and burned her body on a strip job so no one could find her. A man like that is capable of anything; adding child molestation and the sickness of substance abuse, you have a recipe for murder. If anyone knows about his situation, please contact KSP. Even if you are not sure and you just want to assist, call KSP. The only way Mike will be found is if we refuse to forget him. I haven't forgotten you Mike. I'm so sorry that I could not be for you in life what you were for me...
Old friend

Prestonsburg, KY

#79 Nov 11, 2011
MKM wrote:
Mike was my friend. Mike made mistakes but so do we all... I remember Kelly and Christine and I heard that their father killed Mike. I had no idea that he was a child molester. What I know about Mike is that he would have done the right thing when it came down to the health and welfare of others - especially children. As I recall, Kelly was 13 or 14 around that time. She was a nice girl. Mike was always for the underdog; Mike wanted to help people, animals, etc. Mike was a sensitive person. Like all sensitive people, he realized feelings can be overwhelming and loneliness hard to bear. Drugs helped ease the discomfort and also provided comeraderie of others who liked to do drugs and have a good time. I'm touched by the sentiment in this forum; the recognition that Mike was wonderful and made wonderful contributions to mankind, all while suffering in private. If you knew Mike, then you understand, if you did not know him, he was great. If this situation were reversed and I was missing, he would have done what he could to help find me or bring my killer to justice. I am ashamed that I cannot do more than to share my knowledge of him in life.
I heard that Mr. Marshall also killed his sister and burned her body on a strip job so no one could find her. A man like that is capable of anything; adding child molestation and the sickness of substance abuse, you have a recipe for murder. If anyone knows about his situation, please contact KSP. Even if you are not sure and you just want to assist, call KSP. The only way Mike will be found is if we refuse to forget him. I haven't forgotten you Mike. I'm so sorry that I could not be for you in life what you were for me...
I agree with you. I went to school with him all my life and he was always a good person and your right he had the biggest heart. I also agree with your statement about Ben Marshall and what he done to his sister. It is the truth also. Somebody knows something Maytown is a small place. And I'm sure there are several people that knows what happened if this was reversed they would want to know what happened to their loved one. I feel sorry for his dad. I couldn't imagine if one my kids came up missing the not knowing where? or what happened? would drive me crazy. I don't understand people I wouldn't care who it was that done it I would tell the KSP. Its so sad and I wish they would find him or something. Even if he was doing drugs he never bother anyone. Everything you typed about the drugs and so on they are a combination for murder. I just hope someone tells what happened or at least where he is for the families sake.
Alyssa

Richmond, KY

#81 Nov 21, 2011
Mike was the only dad i ahve EVER had. mines a dead beat druggie. he was always callin me his baby girl. i dont understand how anyone could do that, i still cry my eyes out all the time. we had a special bond that just dont come often. only a monster could take away someone like him. im begging you,please if you know anything,please call KSP.
family

Virgie, KY

#82 Mar 2, 2012
Please keep this thread alive for mike. i know there is alot of rumors on here. but the fact of the matter is, we would like to know what happened & why...
Please keep bumping this up...
well really

Virgie, KY

#83 Apr 1, 2012
Ben Marshall is a murderer. I always heard that Mike was buried under cement in someones driveway!!! I knew Mike he was a nice guy he was also in love with one of the Hall girls when all that went down.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Langley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr they 131,618
So happy I got out and away from pburg 1 hr Grimm 13
crystal cross /// music the wife of virgil cros... 2 hr none of your busi... 9
The Alphabet Game. (Nov '12) 2 hr Jennifer Renee 2,137
Conley Fork Bridge 2 hr Getover it 17
~+~ Last Post Wins ~+~ (Oct '11) 3 hr Alex Nicole 3,215
lisa darby and her sister sally jarrell (Jun '09) 3 hr what 159
Langley Dating
Find my Match

Langley People Search