what has happened to maytown

Posted in the Langley Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
once upon a time

Anderson, SC

#1 Aug 2, 2009
maytown used to be a fun place where friends could get together and have a good time.. i dont understand. ive been gone for a few years in oh, pa working and everything has died. what do people do for fun now? its just wierds how an active community csn die...oh well scott
confizz

Anderson, SC

#2 Aug 2, 2009
Thats why so many youngins turn to dope. The worse thing to do having babies here. Birth Control or get your tubes tied, or get the hell out of Kentucky.
maytown

United States

#3 Aug 2, 2009
maytown is what its allways has been. They used to have the maytown fall fectival in October, but this ended in the 80's. Since then, everything that used to happen, happens.... I dont know what your missing. Friends can still get together if their here and sit around and barbecuse, fish and whatever it is that you used to do. What im trying to say, is that nothing went amiss.
connieho

Anderson, SC

#4 Aug 2, 2009
i miss the old maytown when Mrs. Slone had her store that was the hang out
u could find anything to do and i miss the Fishing Gme Club had lots of good times there.. maytown is full of nothing but RATS!!!! u couldnt give me a house in that sucky town
noneya

Anderson, SC

#5 Aug 3, 2009
since granny slone died the stores closed maytown has been slowley fading away.....as for rats well i think there is a few and well if u dont do anything to get ratted on then why worry about them....i have lived here for 40 years and i love it it is home....always will be...sorry for all you haters i will be praying for you...

Since: Aug 09

Winchester, KY

#6 Aug 5, 2009
life is what you make it
Former resident

United States

#7 Aug 5, 2009
I was born & raised in maytown, loved my school and community. Going to ms. Slone's was the best. Unfortunately maytown like all other small towns in America are litterally gone. I go back to visit and Its hard to recognize the place , ppl. Maytown will forever be in my heart and the memories will live forever!!
sad

United States

#8 Aug 8, 2009
Now we won't even have a post office anymore...
Concerned

United States

#9 Aug 18, 2009
The post office is gone forever. They r beginning to close some of the smaller community ones. Nation wide they r closing over a 1000 of them
TONY MULLINS

East Point, KY

#10 Aug 19, 2009
WHEN MRS. LONE HAD THE PLACE ON THE CORNER IT WAS COVERED WITH DRUNKS LOL i SHOULD KNOW MY BROTHER WAS ONE OF THEM NUT,MALCOME,BUTCH, AND A FEW OTHERS THAT WONT BE NAMED LOL MAYTOWN YOU TO BE LIVELY BECAUSE THE DRUNKS WAS NOT SCARED TO YELL AND RUN AROUND ACTING CRAZY NOW IF OMEONE YELLS LOUD EVERYONE RUNS IN THERE HOUSES ITS WEIRD.
connieho wrote:
i miss the old maytown when Mrs. Slone had her store that was the hang out
u could find anything to do and i miss the Fishing Gme Club had lots of good times there.. maytown is full of nothing but RATS!!!! u couldnt give me a house in that sucky town
TONY MULLINS

East Point, KY

#11 Aug 19, 2009
OOPS SLONE
growing up in maytown

United States

#12 Aug 20, 2009
at least when those guys hung out that was real friendship it was all for one and they may have drank a few to many some nights but they was good boys and always was willing to help a neighbor these brats now days dont do shit but hunt for pills lie and steal
Concerned

United States

#13 Aug 22, 2009
I agree with u growing up in maytown. I do not recall any drunks hanging out at Ms. Slone's. Now at Manders pool hall that was a different Story. Yes, times and people have certainly changed. Kids today are growing up in a different era in which we grew up. Drugs are so prevalent in our youth today. No direction, purpose and no life!
mike

Winchester, KY

#14 Aug 26, 2009
once upon a time wrote:
maytown used to be a fun place where friends could get together and have a good time.. i dont understand. ive been gone for a few years in oh, pa working and everything has died. what do people do for fun now? its just wierds how an active community csn die...oh well scott
same thing that happened to the rest of our country,it's [no country for old men]you ever look at our inter cities.think i will take maytown.
my oh my

United States

#15 Aug 28, 2009
mike wrote:
<quoted text> same thing that happened to the rest of our country,it's [no country for old men]you ever look at our inter cities.think i will take maytown.
the hagans and the browns caused the downfall of maytown .
iamabrown

Pikeville, KY

#16 Aug 28, 2009
omg people not all browns are on drugs
there is a few of us left in maytown that don't do sh it i'm one of those brown's that keep to myself don't drink or do drugs or go out and wh ore around. i can't fuc king wait until i finally get married so i won't have to put up with the last name brown i'm so sick and tired of people accusing all brown's of being pill who res and druggies were not all like that. some brown's make the family look horrible but i promise not every single person that has a last name of brown is like that i should know i don't mess or even talk to people that are on drugs my child is more important than any pill out there
Huh

United States

#17 Sep 7, 2009
my oh my wrote:
<quoted text>the hagans and the browns caused the downfall of maytown .
Wow! Glad you gave them that much credence. Makes me feel so much better.
iamabrown

Pikeville, KY

#18 Sep 7, 2009
like i said

there is a few of us left in maytown that don't do sh it i'm one of those brown's that keep to myself don't drink or do drugs or go out and wh ore around. i can't fuc king wait until i finally get married so i won't have to put up with the last name brown i'm so sick and tired of people accusing all brown's of being pill who res and druggies were not all like that. some brown's make the family look horrible but i promise not every single person that has a last name of brown is like that i should know i don't mess or even talk to people that are on drugs my child is more important than any pill out there
Huh

United States

#19 Sep 7, 2009
iamabrown wrote:
like i said
For starters you should never be ashamed of your last name. Besides that would he a reflection on your parents. If you have a good perception about yourself the name thing will be in the past. You can't let one or two bad apples ruin the entire cart. If you feel this way, how does this translate to your own child. Do not allow society to tear you down, embrace life and it's joys each and every day as a "Brown"
Ummm

Santa Clara, CA

#20 Sep 10, 2009
Well, I am a Brown by blood...my gpa was a Brown and however I am NOT ashamed to be part of him I AM ashamed to be associated with any Brown anymore....esp the ones from Maytown. I am from Maytown too and all of them there are my family and I will not admit it to anyone.....they are all a bunch of liars, theifts (Telisha), rats, and all around low lifes! They give us Browns a bad name! When you tell someone your a Brown and from Maytown they look at you diffrently as if your gonna rob them. Thank god I got married and moved away from those freaks!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Langley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 15 min Rose_NoHo 174,693
Word Association (Jan '11) 39 min Princess Hey 112
add a word drop a word (Jan '11) 40 min Princess Hey 181
word game (Sep '09) 40 min Princess Hey 333
Word game (Sep '09) 41 min Princess Hey 8,161
you say the first word that comes to your mind ... (Sep '10) 42 min Princess Hey 472
Add a word drop a word (Aug '11) 42 min Princess Hey 5,807

Langley Jobs

Personal Finance

Langley Mortgages