Ticket worth $700,000 Sold in SC, Is ...

Ticket worth $700,000 Sold in SC, Is It Yours?

There are 13 comments on the WLTX Columbia story from Apr 7, 2008, titled Ticket worth $700,000 Sold in SC, Is It Yours?. In it, WLTX Columbia reports that:

South Carolina Education Lottery officials are looking for the winner of a $700,000 prize, after they say their winning ticket was sold in South Carolina.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WLTX Columbia.

detective101

United States

#1 Apr 7, 2008
I won! I won! Holy sh!t. I won!
SURE THING

Myrtle Beach, SC

#2 Apr 7, 2008
PROBABLY BOUGHT WITH WELFARE MONEY. SOMEONE ON THEIR WAY TO THE LIQUOR STORE, AGAIN WITH WELFARE MONEY..
Harry

Montgomery Village, MD

#3 Apr 7, 2008
SURE THING wrote:
PROBABLY BOUGHT WITH WELFARE MONEY. SOMEONE ON THEIR WAY TO THE LIQUOR STORE, AGAIN WITH WELFARE MONEY..
Maybe next time you will buy 1 ticket when you use your welfare money to buy beer and snuff.
underhay

Chapin, SC

#4 Apr 7, 2008
the lottery is a voluntary tax on the stupid

BWG

“Cogito ergo sum”

Since: May 07

Irmo

#5 Apr 8, 2008
underhay wrote:
the lottery is a voluntary tax on the stupid
LOL... True enough, but we play it anyway. We have had an office pool now for 6 years and play twice a week. If we ever hit it, we are all leaving. Some people get crazy with it, that's stupid. It's not a thing to be takern seriously.... LOL unless you win! Until then It's Only Money. Ce n'est que de l'argent! as the French would say.
Deputy Dog

Columbia, SC

#6 Apr 8, 2008
Harry wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe next time you will buy 1 ticket when you use your welfare money to buy beer and snuff.
whats wrong? Hit a little too close to home?

“ What's New ”

Since: Dec 07

And Exciting?

#7 Apr 8, 2008
I'm gonna laugh my azz off when it turns out the person who won wasn't on welfare. And so what if they are? Only rich people can dream? BTW, you cannot buy alcohol, tobacco, lottery tickets etc with foodstamps. "Welfare money" does not come in cash or checks anymore, and if the money is for anything other than food, the recipient is not going to have access to that money for the purpose of spending it on anything other than what is approved, same with the foodstamps. Find something new to harp on y'all cause this rhetoric is getting tired.

It's crap like this that keeps good people who genuinely need help from asking for it because they think everyone else will look down on them, ridicule them, and generally hate on them. Some times you just need a little help, and people shouldn't be made to feel ashamed because of it. Yes, there are people who abuse it, but they ARE the minority, not the majority.

Congratulations to whoever won. I hope you ARE on welfare, now you can afford to get off it and make all these people kiss you azz!
momma

Gilbert, SC

#8 Apr 8, 2008
hey whats up
Sandy

Orangeburg, SC

#9 Apr 8, 2008
God bless the person(s) who has the winning ticket. I pray that they will do the right thing with the money. I play the lottery and I'm waiting for my ship to come in. Good luck to all of you that play. I ain't mad at none of you. What's for you, you will get it good or bad. Be positive, we're all in this to win. You've got to be in it to win it! PEACE!!
wow

Columbia, SC

#10 Apr 8, 2008
SURE THING wrote:
Funny
SURE THING

Myrtle Beach, SC

#11 Apr 8, 2008
The sad thing here is it's probably the truth.
wow wrote:
<quoted text>Funny
SURE THING

Myrtle Beach, SC

#12 Apr 8, 2008
listen, I know people get cash and spend it on the things they shouldnt be, who are you kidding?
Quid Pro Quo wrote:
I'm gonna laugh my azz off when it turns out the person who won wasn't on welfare. And so what if they are? Only rich people can dream? BTW, you cannot buy alcohol, tobacco, lottery tickets etc with foodstamps. "Welfare money" does not come in cash or checks anymore, and if the money is for anything other than food, the recipient is not going to have access to that money for the purpose of spending it on anything other than what is approved, same with the foodstamps. Find something new to harp on y'all cause this rhetoric is getting tired.
It's crap like this that keeps good people who genuinely need help from asking for it because they think everyone else will look down on them, ridicule them, and generally hate on them. Some times you just need a little help, and people shouldn't be made to feel ashamed because of it. Yes, there are people who abuse it, but they ARE the minority, not the majority.
Congratulations to whoever won. I hope you ARE on welfare, now you can afford to get off it and make all these people kiss you azz!
Columbia Grandmother

Decatur, GA

#13 Apr 8, 2008
wow wrote:
<quoted text>Funny
How so?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Landrum Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
gaffney strangler (Mar '09) Jan 6 Anonymous 53
TIG Diagnostics (Mar '17) Jun '17 John Wayne 2
Why's people believe in pre-trib rapture (Jun '11) May '17 Sub Rosa 418 3
News South Carolina High School Football - Landrum c... (Jan '08) Mar '17 Mark 3
News Gaffney considers smoking ban (Mar '17) Mar '17 JDB 1
News Firefighters: Multiple injuries reported in Spa... (Oct '16) Oct '16 pnther 1
The Cherokee Chronicle announced the Libertaria... (Jul '16) Jul '16 Anonymous 1

Landrum Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Landrum Mortgages