Group urges tourism boycott of Lancas...

Group urges tourism boycott of Lancaster, Pa.

There are 61 comments on the Hotel-online.com story from Mar 15, 2007, titled Group urges tourism boycott of Lancaster, Pa.. In it, Hotel-online.com reports that:

A group calling itself "Boycott Lancaster Pa. Tourism" is sending e-mails encouraging visitors to avoid the county due to an Amish farmer's recent arrest for animal cruelty, according to a story in today's The ... via Hotel-online.com

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hotel-online.com.

not an amish lover

Boiling Springs, PA

#41 Aug 27, 2008
I grew up around the amish. They are not what they seem to "tourists." They are unbelievably disrespectful to "English Women," they get away with abusing and neglecting their animals, the youth start drinking at 13, abusing drugs, and causing chaos in the community. We have had several drunk driving cases lately, and these are amish kids, with no drivers license and driving CARS drunk! Not to mention they are all under the age of 20. As an animal lover, I have absolutely no respect for the amish community. They need to start obeying the law just like everyone else!!!!!!!!
Denny

Warrenville, IL

#42 Aug 28, 2008
not an amish lover wrote:
I grew up around the amish. They are not what they seem to "tourists." They are unbelievably disrespectful to "English Women," they get away with abusing and neglecting their animals, the youth start drinking at 13, abusing drugs, and causing chaos in the community. We have had several drunk driving cases lately, and these are amish kids, with no drivers license and driving CARS drunk! Not to mention they are all under the age of 20. As an animal lover, I have absolutely no respect for the amish community. They need to start obeying the law just like everyone else!!!!!!!!
Total rubbish. Amish are no worse than any other group of people.
Janet

Blairsville, PA

#43 Aug 29, 2008
Until they do something about this I won't be visiting lancaster any longer
Danny Blystone

Blairsville, PA

#44 Sep 1, 2008
I took will not be visiting lancaster till they do something about this.
Denny

Warrenville, IL

#45 Sep 2, 2008
Boycott every place that has puppy mills.I guess you won't leave your house.
I'll bet your back in a week, shopping down at Rockvale.

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#46 Sep 2, 2008
not an amish lover wrote:
Sounds like teenagers from all over not just Amish kids....
Hey Juana

Schaumburg, IL

#47 Sep 2, 2008
Maybe he was beating the horse to get it out of the road so your friends who just bitch about the Amish wouldn't just have one more thing to yap about.

The unleashing of prejudice on this topic is unreal. One person gets arrested and let's just bash the whole group.

I'm sure you will all jump on the bandwagon when it comes to horses being shown in loacl and state fairs with some cute little white non Amish child sitting in a saddle on it. Right? Wow What cruelty. A farm animal being used for what it was intended to be used for.

What a bunch of idiots. If you love the animals so much go buy them all out and put them in your yard. Move out of your houses so they can live inside. Even better yet, let them all go run free! Then, see how long it is before you bleeding hearts start bitchin about them overpopulating your neighborhoods.
Shelley Swan

Fond Du Lac, WI

#48 Jan 2, 2009
THE AMISH ARE DISGUSTING, FILTHY SCUM AND THEY MAKE ME SO SICK!!! SOME EVEN GROW MARIJUANA ON THEIR FARMS AND NO DOUBT MAKE BIG MONEY SELLING IT, AND THEY ABUSE THEIR WIVES AND COMMIT INCEST WITH THEIR OWN CHILDREN
Boycott Lancaster NOT

Pittsburgh, PA

#49 Jan 2, 2009
Boycotting Lancaster is NOT going to chnage anything it has to come from the highest goverment office in tha state to end this.
Ricky

Newark, DE

#50 May 10, 2009
As for Denny

I am sorry for the people that were subjected to this type of behavior. This is my Brother and I am very ashamed for myself, as well as my mother. We are a hard working family. It is difficult to have a crack addict in your family. All we can do is pray
fred

Philadelphia, PA

#51 Aug 27, 2009
Raymond wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep on smoking that crack, have you ever been on a farm. That why I say keep inhaling your clueless as to what goes on a farm, Because of the Rendall politics farmers are resorting to puppy mills to pay there bills. GET RID OF RENDALL AND THE PUPPY MILLS GO.
no animal deserves to be treated the way puppy mills treat them. I don't believe all Amish are involved and Lancaster has some wonderful areas but those who are involved are spoiling it for the rest.
fred

Philadelphia, PA

#52 Aug 27, 2009
Denny wrote:
<quoted text>
Total rubbish. Amish are no worse than any other group of people.
true they are no worse than any other group but they want everyone to think they are better than other groups . they are just people and should be treated as such
Schultzy

Cleveland, OH

#53 Jun 25, 2010
Val Venis wrote:
Who cares...Lancaster County Sucks A$$. I am so glad I left that falsely religious,cheapskate dump. If God was gonna give the world an enema he should stick the nozzle in that phucking place. Oh yeah,when your politicians bankrupt your little land of inbreeding with the convention center that will be located in the middle of the ghetto I will be laughing my butt off.
I could not have said it better!
Formerly Amish

Akron, OH

#54 Jun 29, 2010
D Miller wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't beleive this story for a second. You should be ashamed of yourself!
Uh, I believe this story because as a young child I frequently saw horse abuse, usually with a leather strap, sometimes with a 2X4. I remember running upstairs and hiding my head under a pillow so I couldn't hear the whinnying or the yelling.

Do all Amish abuse their animals or their kids? Of course not! But I've seen it often enough to know that it does happen.

People are people everywhere. In a closed community it is easier to hide certain things, but there are many kinds of Amish people including people like my brother-in-law who is a born farmer and would never abuse an animal or like my father who has major temper problems and sometimes loses control.
uglytoadk

Clintonville, PA

#55 Nov 28, 2010
I lived near the Amish and even transported the cheap SB they distroy your vehicles, especially if you had a PUC permit. They are no good,I learned the hard way from them. lay down a BIBLE and a Dollar bill. see which one they grab first.

Since: Nov 10

Mount Joy, PA

#56 Dec 2, 2010
Russ wrote:
First off, all the Amish that I know treat their animals as one of the family. This doesn't mean that there couldn't be a few bad apples doing bad things. But, if you live by God's words, you treat your animals as God's creatures.
Second, it is a common misinterpretation by outsiders to the community that all the farms in Lancaster are Amish farms because (in their own logic) why would any modern day person want to farm? Lancaster county is host to Amish Farms, Mennonite farms and "English" farms. I hope that the reporter didn't jump to conclusions.
Third, although I myself am for the proper treatment of animals, a lot of these right wing animal rights groups are just eco-terrorists in disguise and would do anything to disrupt someone or someplace that is deemed as successful.
All I am saying is not to believe everything you hear from the news media. Make up your own mind.
LOL...totally clueless, animal rights groups are by definition left-wing. Come back when you know wtf you are talking about.
Mike

Kleinfeltersville, PA

#57 Jan 1, 2011
Jersey Shore wrote:
I HATE it here! I've met nothing but weirdos here! Thank God I'm outta here come July!
sounds like a case of "everybody's out of step except my johnny." if EVERY person you've met, you consider a "weirdo", then you definitely need to look in the mirror, pal...you got issues.

I do agree with you on one point though: Thank God you're outta here! Need help packing? Ride to the bus station?
Mary Bennett

Wheeling, WV

#58 Apr 23, 2014
Recently read yet nother post about animal cruelty in the Amish cult. Two teenage boys who drove a buggy horse in to the ground and then stood by and did not even offer to help the dying animal. They are monsters hiding behind the guise of religion. The largest puppy mill offenders going. I refuse to buy anything Amish or spport those evil deviats in any way. Their cruelty is not only toward animals - they beat their wives and children and incest is rapant. Do not be fooled by these con artists. And please do not support their many businesses - when you do, you are supporting cruelty. The Amish laugh at the stupid "Englishmen" for being their fools.
Richard

York, PA

#59 Apr 24, 2014
Denny wrote:
One Amisman gets arrested and group of bleeding heart idoits wants to ban tourism of all Lancaster? Typical left wing jackassery.
I agree, people want puppies, breed them as much as you want. If demand is there create supply, simple capitalism. Stop your whining.

I do not hide behind a puter screen with my beliefs either, give me a call you left wing wuss bags if you disagree, spine up!

seven one seven, four seven one-three, nine two three

“ Xue Rengui”

Since: Oct 09

Khitan extraordinaire

#60 May 30, 2014
Richard wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree, people want puppies, breed them as much as you want. If demand is there create supply, simple capitalism. Stop your whining.
I do not hide behind a puter screen with my beliefs either, give me a call you left wing wuss bags if you disagree, spine up!
seven one seven, four seven one-three, nine two three
Hello Richard, I've done the same before, given out my number. Very few if any call.. and ,it's never the 'hot shot','loud mouth', keyboard crusaders.

Post back if any do, just curious...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Landisville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Looking for Wed Howard 1
Non Compliant Offender Lisa Anna Plusch Dec 21 Mimallah 1
News Trump to make campaign stop in Lancaster County... (Nov '16) Dec '17 ActuallyfromLanki... 3
Casey Jones' Train Dec '17 GHawthorne 2
the former Far East Inn in Columbia, PA (Oct '09) Nov '17 Sandra Miller 9
News Liquor license transferred to former nuisance bar (May '11) Oct '17 YC Resident 32
Reply to post on the FAR East Inn. Oct '17 John Fischer 1

Landisville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Landisville Mortgages