“Survival Machine”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#526 Apr 14, 2013
uh huh wrote:
<quoted text>Correct. However, the "body of Christ" is viewed as the embodiment of Christ's current spiritual presence (as "he is risen"). Christ is the head of the Church. So this embodiment, the "body of Christ," is an extension of Christ. So through extension, Christ is basically exalting himself as the Church is the embodiment of Christ's spiritual presence.
Now, putting this verse into perspective;

Philippians 2;8...and being found in fashion as a man, He humbled Himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross

Doesn't show that He exalted himself

“Survival Machine”

Location hidden

#527 Apr 14, 2013
Done my homework wrote:
<quoted text>
Accuse, then evade, and you wonder why no one talks to you. Amazing.
You were saying?
uh huh

Los Angeles, CA

#528 Apr 14, 2013
HOTOTO wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry that you can't understand this and it has already been explained to you several times. The TRINITY. God is God, Christ and the Holy Spirit. One God with three parts.
I believe I understand this concept quite well, and I still have a problem with it.

And technically, "God" isn't "God", "he" is the Father. So it is the Father, Jesus and The Holy Spirit.

I still assert that this exalts one man-figure above all other humans, and also eliminates anything feminine. Feminine traits are necessities of nature.
HOTOTO wrote:
As a person is three parts, a flesh, mind and soul. If you take one of those out do you have a person?
I disagree with this statement. However I do not wish to pursue this particular point at this time.
HOTOTO wrote:
Are you trying to seperate God? If Christ was God should he exalt himself?
No, if anything, I am attempting to bring "God" closer, to show we are a part, and without attempting to be a god-man, or an ambiguous figure to be portrayed as such in the process.
HOTOTO wrote:
By your belief you make yourself a God.
Incorrect. I (as all others) am an equal part. A part is not the whole. The whole cannot be without all.
uh huh

Los Angeles, CA

#529 Apr 14, 2013
Mechanic_45 wrote:
<quoted text>Now, putting this verse into perspective;
Philippians 2;8...and being found in fashion as a man, He humbled Himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross
Doesn't show that He exalted himself
The main reason Jesus was slain was because he (supposedly, unless his statements were modified) made certain statements that led some to believe he was the messiah, or even "God" incarnate. This is mainly why the people draped him in purple (color of royalty and other things) and put the crown of thorns on him, to mock him.

Considering this, Jesus didn't seem too humble to me, that is, to lead some to believe that he was "God".
HOTOTO

Huntsville, TN

#530 Apr 14, 2013
uh huh wrote:
<quoted text>The main reason Jesus was slain was because he (supposedly, unless his statements were modified) made certain statements that led some to believe he was the messiah, or even "God" incarnate. This is mainly why the people draped him in purple (color of royalty and other things) and put the crown of thorns on him, to mock him.
Considering this, Jesus didn't seem too humble to me, that is, to lead some to believe that he was "God".
How rediculous,

If we accused you a saying you were Royalty should we kill you? Read what the Bible says happened and see if he exalted himself anywhere in there.

Let's hypothesize.

Some fellows ran you down and accuse you of saying your a king. You say nothing. The beat and disfigure, torture you to within an inch of your life. Force a crown of thorns to pierce your head. As you are in agony they mock you, spit on you an wrap a purple drape around you and call you a king.

Did you exalt yourself? Were you an exalted King? Did he have to take that torture for you? Could he have stopped it?

Would you like another Crown?
uh huh

Los Angeles, CA

#531 Apr 14, 2013
HOTOTO wrote:
<quoted text>
How rediculous,
If we accused you a saying you were Royalty should we kill you? Read what the Bible says happened and see if he exalted himself anywhere in there.
Let's hypothesize.
Some fellows ran you down and accuse you of saying your a king. You say nothing. The beat and disfigure, torture you to within an inch of your life. Force a crown of thorns to pierce your head. As you are in agony they mock you, spit on you an wrap a purple drape around you and call you a king.
Did you exalt yourself? Were you an exalted King? Did he have to take that torture for you? Could he have stopped it?
Jesus made statements and claims that led some to believe he was the messiah, or "God" incarnate. That doesn't sound humble to me. Regardless of how he acted when facing the consequences.

If someone is not guilty, they will probably at least attempt to make it known.
uh huh

Los Angeles, CA

#532 Apr 14, 2013
HOTOTO wrote:
And this is one of my main issues with Christianity. The concepts make you feel guilty. I am not responsible for his actions. It is sad that people couldn't consider and love one another without a sacrificial man-figure. And now people are still sad because they believe he died and suffered for their faults. It's just a big bunch of sadness and pity.
HOTOTO

Huntsville, TN

#533 Apr 14, 2013
uh huh wrote:
<quoted text>And this is one of my main issues with Christianity. The concepts make you feel guilty. I am not responsible for his actions. It is sad that people couldn't consider and love one another without a sacrificial man-figure. And now people are still sad because they believe he died and suffered for their faults. It's just a big bunch of sadness and pity.
All you see is sadness and pity. We that know the truth know a love of no end to understanding?

You may choose sadness and pity and I think you already have?
uh huh

Los Angeles, CA

#534 Apr 14, 2013
HOTOTO wrote:
<quoted text>
All you see is sadness and pity. We that know the truth know a love of no end to understanding?
You may choose sadness and pity and I think you already have?
What I see in Christianity is mostly sadness and pity. And fear. Along with adherents partaking of certain lifestyles to simply enter heaven or avoid hell. Besides, if Jesus said and did things to cause others to think he was the messiah or (especially) "God" incarnate, then how humble was he?

“Survival Machine”

Location hidden

#535 Apr 15, 2013
uh huh wrote:
<quoted text>The main reason Jesus was slain was because he (supposedly, unless his statements were modified) made certain statements that led some to believe he was the messiah, or even "God" incarnate. This is mainly why the people draped him in purple (color of royalty and other things) and put the crown of thorns on him, to mock him.
And when even God exalted him:

Acts 5:31 Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.

Philippians 2:9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:

??

“Survival Machine”

Location hidden

#536 Apr 15, 2013
uh huh wrote:
<quoted text>And this is one of my main issues with Christianity. The concepts make you feel guilty. I am not responsible for his actions. It is sad that people couldn't consider and love one another without a sacrificial man-figure. And now people are still sad because they believe he died and suffered for their faults. It's just a big bunch of sadness and pity.
Something tells me the people that were healed by Christ would not share your sentiment
Done my homework

Oak Ridge, TN

#537 Apr 16, 2013
Mechanic_45 wrote:
<quoted text>You were saying?
On this page there are 2 posts addressing something you've said, and both of them from a person who just wants to argue. Either you two are the same person, or you're made for each other.

Here is something just for you. Can't help but wonder what you'll do with it.

Jesus tells Nicodemus that Light has come into the world, that evil men shun the Light, but righteous men step into the Light so that it may be plainly seen that what they've done they've done of God. He also tells us we are the Light of the World. If those who shun the Light are condemned already, are they not condemned by their own actions, and would that not extend to those in the World and how they receive God's Children?

Beware, for some have entertained Angels unawares.

“Survival Machine”

Location hidden

#538 Apr 17, 2013
Done my homework wrote:
<quoted text>
On this page there are 2 posts addressing something you've said, and both of them from a person who just wants to argue. Either you two are the same person, or you're made for each other.
Funny, I have pretty much the same impression of you
Done my homework wrote:
Here is something just for you. Can't help but wonder what you'll do with it.
Jesus tells Nicodemus that Light has come into the world, that evil men shun the Light, but righteous men step into the Light so that it may be plainly seen that what they've done they've done of God. He also tells us we are the Light of the World. If those who shun the Light are condemned already, are they not condemned by their own actions, and would that not extend to those in the World and how they receive God's Children?
Those who have come into the Light have gotten past the fear passages, and are encouraged by the fear not passages.
Done my homework wrote:
Beware, for some have entertained Angels unawares.
Heb 13:2 does not seem to come off as a warning. Like I said, past the FEAR passages.
Wizard

Oak Ridge, TN

#539 Apr 18, 2013
Mechanic_45 wrote:
<quoted text>Funny, I have pretty much the same impression of you
<quoted text>Those who have come into the Light have gotten past the fear passages, and are encouraged by the fear not passages.
<quoted text>Heb 13:2 does not seem to come off as a warning. Like I said, past the FEAR passages.
True to form.
Done my homework

Oak Ridge, TN

#540 Apr 19, 2013
Mechanic_45 wrote:
<quoted text>Funny, I have pretty much the same impression of you
<quoted text>Those who have come into the Light have gotten past the fear passages, and are encouraged by the fear not passages.
<quoted text>Heb 13:2 does not seem to come off as a warning. Like I said, past the FEAR passages.
You really don't have any comprehension of what I've said, do you?

“Survival Machine”

Location hidden

#541 Apr 19, 2013
Done my homework wrote:
<quoted text>
You really don't have any comprehension of what I've said, do you?
If you have a point to make, make it. Otherwise deal with the response. And while you're at it, stop playing sockpuppet.
HOTOTO

Oneida, TN

#542 Apr 19, 2013
I stirreth the Pot. Eternal Security Doctrine! Comments?

SAVED:

"He that BELIEVETH on the Son hath everlasting life:..." John 3:36

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever BELIEVETH in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." John 3:16
" NOT BY WORKS of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us,..." Titus 3:5
"For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: NOT OF WORKS, lest any man should boast." Ephesians 2:8,9

Being BORN AGAIN, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever." 1 Peter 1:23

"For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of ADOPTION, whereby we cry, Abba, FATHER." Romans 8:15

For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, SHALL BE ABLE TO SEPARATE US from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord." Romans 8:38

"My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand." John 10:29

"He that believeth on the Son HATH EVERLASTING LIFE:..." John 3:36
"These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that YE HAVE ETERNAL LIFE,..." 1 John 5:13

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, HATH

EVERLASTING LIFE,..." John 5:24
. him that cometh to me I WILL IN NO WISE CAST OUT." John 6:37
"By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ ONCE FOR ALL.
.. For by one offering he hath PERFECTED FOR EVER them that are sanctified." Hebrews 10:10,14

"And THE LORD... WILL PRESERVE ME unto his heavenly kingdom:..." 2 Timothy 4:18

"Now unto him that is able TO KEEP YOU from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy," Jude 24
HOTOTO

Oneida, TN

#543 Apr 19, 2013
SAVED

"And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby YE ARE SEALED unto the day of redemption." Ephesians 4:30
"...after that ye believed, YE WERE SEALED with that holy Spirit of promise," Ephesians 1:13

"For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ. Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble; Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is. If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward. If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: BUT HE HIMSELF SHALL BE SAVED; yet so as by fire." 1 Corinthians 3:11-15

"If we believe not, yet he abideth faithful: HE CANNOT DENY HIMSELF." 2 Timothy 2:13
Hebrews Chapter 6
4 For [it is] impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,
5 And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,
6 If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put [him] to an open shame.

Titus 3:5 - Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;
1 Peter 1:23 - Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.
Ephesians Chapter 1
13 In whom ye also [trusted], after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

14 Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

Romans 3:28 - Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.
John 1:12 - But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God,[even] to them that believe on his name:
HOTOTO

Oneida, TN

#544 Apr 19, 2013
OKAY SO MY FIRST POST didn't make it so here goes again. I'm stirring the POT. Eternal Security Doctrine: Comments?

SAVED:

4 For [it is] impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,

5 And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,

Titus 3:5 - Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

6 If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put [him] to an open shame.

John 3:16 - For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

1 John 5:13 - These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God

1 Peter 1:23 - Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

John 6:50-71 - This is the bread which cometh down from heaven, that a man may eat thereof, and not die.

Mark 16:16 - He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

Ephesians 2:8-10 - For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves:[it is] the gift of God:

Ephesians 2:8-10 - For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves:[it is] the gift of God:(Read More...)

Hebrews 6:4 - For [it is] impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,

Ephesians 2:9 - Not of works, lest any man should boast.

ONCE Saved always Saved? Comments?

“Survival Machine”

Location hidden

#545 Apr 19, 2013
HOTOTO wrote:
I stirreth the Pot. Eternal Security Doctrine! Comments?
SAVED:
"He that BELIEVETH on the Son hath everlasting life:..." John 3:36
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever BELIEVETH in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." John 3:16
" NOT BY WORKS of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us,..." Titus 3:5
"For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: NOT OF WORKS, lest any man should boast." Ephesians 2:8,9
Being BORN AGAIN, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever." 1 Peter 1:23
"For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of ADOPTION, whereby we cry, Abba, FATHER." Romans 8:15
For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, SHALL BE ABLE TO SEPARATE US from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord." Romans 8:38
"My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand." John 10:29
"He that believeth on the Son HATH EVERLASTING LIFE:..." John 3:36
"These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that YE HAVE ETERNAL LIFE,..." 1 John 5:13
"Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, HATH
EVERLASTING LIFE,..." John 5:24
. him that cometh to me I WILL IN NO WISE CAST OUT." John 6:37
"By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ ONCE FOR ALL.
.. For by one offering he hath PERFECTED FOR EVER them that are sanctified." Hebrews 10:10,14
"And THE LORD... WILL PRESERVE ME unto his heavenly kingdom:..." 2 Timothy 4:18
"Now unto him that is able TO KEEP YOU from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy," Jude 24
I tend to agree, but only if certain conditions are met:
Rev 2:10 Fear none of those things which thou shalt suffer: behold, the devil shall cast some of you into prison, that ye may be tried; and ye shall have tribulation ten days: be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lancing Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Word Game!!! (Jun '12) 4 hr _Zoey_ 585
**Keep A Word ~ Drop A Word** (Jun '12) 4 hr _Zoey_ 1,417
what you think of ron berry? 12 hr angie 23
rodger @ iga 13 hr angie 5
Rockwood's freakiest women (Aug '11) 19 hr Herpes 56
Brittany mccarter 22 hr worry friend 14
News Get ready to grill Sun Menagerie Simms 1
More from around the web

Lancing People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE