Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#5345 Sep 13, 2013
And I'm not even Catholic
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#5346 Sep 13, 2013
Green Hornet 007 wrote:
This text definitely is a valid text to use in demonstrating the case for Jesus as Messiah. While it is difficult to demonstrate that Micah predicted the incarnation of God in the flesh, the text at least demonstrates where the Messiah would be born. As such, one must be careful to take all of the factors into consideration when arguing for the deity of Christ from this passage. Anyhow, one can at least argue that the text comes extremely close to demonstrating that the Messiah would be eternal – using phraseology that is only used of God. Therefore, one is definitely justified in using this text to argue that Jesus is the Messiah.
http://carm.org/does-micah-5-2-predict-jesus-...
You are overcomplicating things again. Micah 5:2 is about David and God. The scripture is very plain and pure. Prov. 8:8-9 "All of the words of my mouth are in righteousness...They are all plain to him that understands, and right to them that find knowledge" Psalm 12:6 "The words of the Lord are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times". What is your next point?
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#5347 Sep 13, 2013
Mechanic_45 wrote:
<quoted text>Pope: Judaism Is the 'Holy Root' of Christianity
Pope Francis has praised Jews for keeping their faith despite the Holocaust and other “terrible trials” throughout history, and reaffirmed Judaism as the “holy root” of Christianity.
Francis made the statements in an unprecedented open letter to Eugenio Scalfari, a prominent Italian atheist and founding editor of the liberal newspaper La Repubblica.
The letter, published on the front page of La Repubblica on Wednesday, came in response to editorials written by Scalfari that had directly addressed the pontiff on issues of faith and religion, the Times of Israel reported.
Francis’ reply affirmed the necessity of an open dialogue with nonbelievers that he called “right and proper and precious.”
He also responded to Scalfari’s query about “what we should say to our Jewish brothers about the promise made to them by God: Has it all come to nothing?”
Francis called this “a question that challenges us radically as Christians,” adding that with the help of God,“we have rediscovered that the Jewish people are still for us the holy root from which Jesus germinated.”
The Pope said that, particularly through his close ties with Jews in his native Argentina, he had often, in prayer,“also questioned God, especially when my mind went to the memory of the terrible experience of the Shoah [Holocaust].”
He added that:“What I can say to you, with the Apostle Paul, is that God’s fidelity to the close covenant with Israel never failed and that, through the terrible trials of these centuries, the Jews have kept their faith in God. And for this, we shall never be sufficiently grateful to them.”
By doing so, Francis noted, Jews served as an example for Christians.“Precisely by persevering in the faith of the God of the Covenant,” he said, they “called all, also us Christians, to the fact that we are always waiting, as pilgrims, for the Lord’s return.”
Francis has repeatedly emphasized that “a Christian cannot be an anti-Semite,” and that to be a good Christian,“it is necessary to understand Jewish history and traditions.”
Psalms 44 and 74 are about WW II. The Jews as a group will never become Christian. If any of them become Christian, they have renounced their Jewish roots. Messianic Judaism is an oxymoron. They are mutually exclusive, Christianity is idolatry. Israel is Gods elect and God created them for his glory. If Jesus comes back spiritually from heaven, the Jews will convert. That will never happen.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#5348 Sep 13, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>You are overcomplicating things again. Micah 5:2 is about David and God. The scripture is very plain and pure. Prov. 8:8-9 "All of the words of my mouth are in righteousness...They are all plain to him that understands, and right to them that find knowledge" Psalm 12:6 "The words of the Lord are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times". What is your next point?
You are so wrong..In no way is it speaking of David..How about the 30 pieces of silver...Wait a minute,30 pieces of nickel??
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#5349 Sep 13, 2013
Green Hornet 007 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are so wrong..In no way is it speaking of David..How about the 30 pieces of silver...Wait a minute,30 pieces of nickel??
My grandmother used to melt down quarters and dimes and used the silver to make jewelry. I think they were pure silver. If the Hebrew says "pieces of silver", then I'm confident they were silver. After Adam, Matthew, and Luke committed suicide the quarters were thrown on the steps of Beth El Temple across the street. I also believe they were given for a "potters field" because that's what the scripture says.

“Fully Conservative”

Location hidden

#5350 Sep 13, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>Psalms 44 and 74 are about WW II. The Jews as a group will never become Christian. If any of them become Christian, they have renounced their Jewish roots. Messianic Judaism is an oxymoron. They are mutually exclusive, Christianity is idolatry. Israel is Gods elect and God created them for his glory. If Jesus comes back spiritually from heaven, the Jews will convert. That will never happen.
Just means the hardcore will be left out on something else, Heretic:

Isaiah 62:2 And the Gentiles shall see thy righteousness, and all kings thy glory: and thou shalt be called by a new name, which the mouth of the LORD shall name.

Location hidden

#5351 Sep 13, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>My grandmother used to melt down quarters and dimes and used the silver to make jewelry. I think they were pure silver. If the Hebrew says "pieces of silver", then I'm confident they were silver. After Adam, Matthew, and Luke committed suicide the quarters were thrown on the steps of Beth El Temple across the street. I also believe they were given for a "potters field" because that's what the scripture says.
I proved to you that from about 1964 to present, the quarters are made of nickel..Any quarters before 1964 were only 90% silver..I proved it..Do you want me to show you the proof again??This all by itself shows you can not be the Messiah,among many,many,many other things.What say ye now??

I will not keep you wondering..Here is the proof.

http://www.usinflationcalculator.com/inflatio...
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#5352 Sep 14, 2013
Mechanic_45 wrote:
<quoted text>Just means the hardcore will be left out on something else, Heretic:
Isaiah 62:2 And the Gentiles shall see thy righteousness, and all kings thy glory: and thou shalt be called by a new name, which the mouth of the LORD shall name.
Isaiah 62:2 is a reference to Jerusalem and it will be called "the city of the Lord" or "the Lord is there".
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#5353 Sep 14, 2013
Green Hornet 007 wrote:
<quoted text>
I proved to you that from about 1964 to present, the quarters are made of nickel..Any quarters before 1964 were only 90% silver..I proved it..Do you want me to show you the proof again??This all by itself shows you can not be the Messiah,among many,many,many other things.What say ye now??
I will not keep you wondering..Here is the proof.
http://www.usinflationcalculator.com/inflatio...
Why did Judas bargain with the Jews for thirty pieces of silver? Don't you think they knew about that prophecy? He also had the money at the last supper and Jesus gave him the money. How do you know the coins were pure silver? The Jews were very careful not to fulfill any scripture, like guarding the tomb. There were supposed to be three shepherds that committed suicide. Zech. 11:8. They were from a house of brothers, ATO, Alpha Tao Omega. Their names were Adam, Matthew, and Luke. Tell me how did Jesus fulfill Zech. 11? It's a very detailed prophecy.

Location hidden

#5354 Sep 14, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>Why did Judas bargain with the Jews for thirty pieces of silver? Don't you think they knew about that prophecy? He also had the money at the last supper and Jesus gave him the money. How do you know the coins were pure silver? The Jews were very careful not to fulfill any scripture, like guarding the tomb. There were supposed to be three shepherds that committed suicide. Zech. 11:8. They were from a house of brothers, ATO, Alpha Tao Omega. Their names were Adam, Matthew, and Luke. Tell me how did Jesus fulfill Zech. 11? It's a very detailed prophecy.
Three shepherds ... I cut off--literally, "to cause to disappear," to destroy so as not to leave a vestige of them. The three shepherds whom Messiah removes are John, Simon, and Eleazar, three leaders of factions in the Jewish war [DRUSIUS]. Or, as Messiah, the Antitype, was at once prophet, priest, and king, so He by the destruction of the Jewish polity destroyed these three orders for the unbelief of both the rulers and people [MOORE]. If they had accepted Messiah, they would have had all three combined in Him, and would have been themselves spiritually prophets, priests, and kings to God. Refusing Him, they lost all three, in every sense.
one month--a brief and fixed space of time ( Hosea 5:7 ). Probably alluding to the last period of the siege of Jerusalem, when all authority within the city was at an end [HENDERSON].
loathed them--literally, "was straitened" as to them; instead of being enlarged towards them in love ( 2 Corinthians 6:11 2 Corinthians 6:12 ). The same Hebrew as in Numbers 21:4 , Margin. No room was left by them for the grace of God, as His favors were rejected [CALVIN]. The mutual distaste that existed between the holy Messiah and the guilty Jews is implied.

http://www.biblestudytools.com/commentaries/j...

Back to the coins..The silver coins made back in those days were no less than 94% pure..Much higher than ours.Again the 30 quarters you are talking about is more than likely made of nickel(no silver) but at best it was made 90% pure..Not what the Bible was talking about.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#5355 Sep 14, 2013
Green Hornet 007 wrote:
<quoted text>
Three shepherds ... I cut off--literally, "to cause to disappear," to destroy so as not to leave a vestige of them. The three shepherds whom Messiah removes are John, Simon, and Eleazar, three leaders of factions in the Jewish war [DRUSIUS]. Or, as Messiah, the Antitype, was at once prophet, priest, and king, so He by the destruction of the Jewish polity destroyed these three orders for the unbelief of both the rulers and people [MOORE]. If they had accepted Messiah, they would have had all three combined in Him, and would have been themselves spiritually prophets, priests, and kings to God. Refusing Him, they lost all three, in every sense.
one month--a brief and fixed space of time ( Hosea 5:7 ). Probably alluding to the last period of the siege of Jerusalem, when all authority within the city was at an end [HENDERSON].
loathed them--literally, "was straitened" as to them; instead of being enlarged towards them in love ( 2 Corinthians 6:11 2 Corinthians 6:12 ). The same Hebrew as in Numbers 21:4 , Margin. No room was left by them for the grace of God, as His favors were rejected [CALVIN]. The mutual distaste that existed between the holy Messiah and the guilty Jews is implied.
http://www.biblestudytools.com/commentaries/j...
Back to the coins..The silver coins made back in those days were no less than 94% pure..Much higher than ours.Again the 30 quarters you are talking about is more than likely made of nickel(no silver) but at best it was made 90% pure..Not what the Bible was talking about.
"Cut off" means killed. You're overcomplicating things again. This prophecy would be fulfilled at the beginning of the Messiahs' ministry, not the end. V 16 "For, lo, I will raise up a shepherd in the land, which shall not visit those that be cut off, neither shall seek the young one, nor heal that that is broken, nor feed that that standeth still, but he shall eat the flesh of the fat and tear their claws in pieces". Jesus broke this scripture in more ways than one. What were the "instruments of a foolish shepherd", v 15? With me, they were tweezers and a mirror. The staff called "beauty" was broken and God also broke his covenant. V 10. How was v 14 fulfilled, the brotherhood between Judah and Israel would be broken. The coins back in Jesus' time also were not pure.

Location hidden

#5356 Sep 14, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>"Cut off" means killed. You're overcomplicating things again. This prophecy would be fulfilled at the beginning of the Messiahs' ministry, not the end. V 16 "For, lo, I will raise up a shepherd in the land, which shall not visit those that be cut off, neither shall seek the young one, nor heal that that is broken, nor feed that that standeth still, but he shall eat the flesh of the fat and tear their claws in pieces". Jesus broke this scripture in more ways than one. What were the "instruments of a foolish shepherd", v 15? With me, they were tweezers and a mirror. The staff called "beauty" was broken and God also broke his covenant. V 10. How was v 14 fulfilled, the brotherhood between Judah and Israel would be broken. The coins back in Jesus' time also were not pure.
The coins in Jesus time was at least 94% pure..None of the coins made in the US were "never" that pure...During the dates you were talking about the coins would have been made of nickel,not silver..
Killed? Definitely not suicide..Kills your argument on both issues.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#5357 Sep 14, 2013
Green Hornet 007 wrote:
<quoted text>
The coins in Jesus time was at least 94% pure..None of the coins made in the US were "never" that pure...During the dates you were talking about the coins would have been made of nickel,not silver..
Killed? Definitely not suicide..Kills your argument on both issues.
Did Judas commit suicide or was he killed?

“Fully Conservative”

Location hidden

#5358 Sep 14, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>Isaiah 62:2 is a reference to Jerusalem and it will be called "the city of the Lord" or "the Lord is there".
Double talk and nonsense, Heretic. As much as you accuse Christians of being slaves, you are still trapped, waiting for your version of messiah to come, forsaken and desolate

“Fully Conservative”

Location hidden

#5359 Sep 14, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>"Cut off" means killed.
So does the word "Stoned", Heretic, not having your brain wasted on psychotropic drugs, which you should be facing for being on this forum, doing common work, during what should be the Sabbath. Talk about being enslaved.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#5360 Sep 14, 2013
Mechanic_45 wrote:
<quoted text>So does the word "Stoned", Heretic, not having your brain wasted on psychotropic drugs, which you should be facing for being on this forum, doing common work, during what should be the Sabbath. Talk about being enslaved.
I don't consider this work. To me it's entertainment. It's also Yom Kippur and I am fasting.

“Fully Conservative”

Location hidden

#5361 Sep 14, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>I don't consider this work. To me it's entertainment.
Yes, and look where you're headring, Hereitc:

Deu 29:19 And it come to pass, when he heareth the words of this curse, that he bless himself in his heart, saying, I shall have peace, though I walk in the imagination of mine heart, to add drunkenness to thirst:
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#5362 Sep 14, 2013
Mechanic_45 wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, and look where you're headring, Hereitc:
Deu 29:19 And it come to pass, when he heareth the words of this curse, that he bless himself in his heart, saying, I shall have peace, though I walk in the imagination of mine heart, to add drunkenness to thirst:
Deut. 29:17 "And ye have seen their abominations, and their idols, wood and stone, silver and gold, which were among them". The scripture you're referencing is about one who is turned to idols, which as a Christian, you are guilty of. Did you know Satans name is Christian?

“Fully Conservative”

Location hidden

#5363 Sep 14, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>Deut. 29:17 "And ye have seen their abominations, and their idols, wood and stone, silver and gold, which were among them". The scripture you're referencing is about one who is turned to idols, which as a Christian, you are guilty of. Did you know Satans name is Christian?
Oh, I would be glad to be found guilty beyond all reasonable doubt of being a Christian. You on the other hand will only have salvation by mental defect. And as for Satan (Job 1:6), no, not Christian, and you're hard pressed to prove otherwise.

Location hidden

#5364 Sep 14, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>Did Judas commit suicide or was he killed?
Judas committed suicide but another word is used for that which makes a big difference...Still waiting for you to show me the cure to the problem with the quarters..I know there is none but I am awaiting your reason and twisting things to fit your agenda.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lancing Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Does Anyone know shayanne hawn or she could go ... (Aug '10) 17 min Kill switch 27
Kevin Hamby 34 min Gossip 44
stealing (Aug '10) 3 hr Fiona 17
Austin Helton 4 hr Foxyy 4
Prison guard arrested 8 hr Makingadifference 58
Best Free Scanner App for Morgan County 14 hr Kevin Lamance 1
LICE in Rockwood Schools 15 hr Loin 5

Lancing Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lancing Mortgages