Disprove It: Jesus Is A Sun God

“Survival Machine”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#343 Mar 16, 2013
Done my homework wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you know that both Paul and Peter wrote "apocalypse" books, and both of them say that eventually Hell gets emptied and all come to salvation.
Where did they say any of that? And with their teacher's statement:
Mat 7:13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

I'm calling your bluff

“Survival Machine”

Location hidden

#344 Mar 16, 2013
Done my homework wrote:
<quoted text>

In the time of the end God shall send upon Man a delusion such that we may believe a lie, a delusion so strong that even the very elect might believe, if that were possible.
Something I find interesting about your statement, is that the Apostle that said

2Th 2:11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

Is the same that said:

2Th 2:15 Therefore, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions which ye have been taught, whether by word, or our epistle.

You said something previously about studying other verses in the passage?
Done my homework

Oak Ridge, TN

#345 Mar 17, 2013
Mechanic_45 wrote:
<quoted text>Where did they say any of that? And with their teacher's statement:
Mat 7:13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
I'm calling your bluff
Look them up. They are part of the Pseudepigrapha. Now that you've called my hand, you need to look at the cards.
Done my homework

Oak Ridge, TN

#346 Mar 17, 2013
Mechanic_45 wrote:
<quoted text>Something I find interesting about your statement, is that the Apostle that said
2Th 2:11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
Is the same that said:
2Th 2:15 Therefore, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions which ye have been taught, whether by word, or our epistle.
You said something previously about studying other verses in the passage?
"the Apostle"??? This "Apostle" was Paul. Didn't you know that?

But you don't hold to the "traditions" the Thessalonians were taught. You've traded them for pagan traditions. Then you take verses out of context to rationalize and justify yourself. Again, breaking the Commands of God by your "traditions of men".

Rave on Simon.

“Survival Machine”

Location hidden

#347 Mar 17, 2013
Done my homework wrote:
<quoted text>
Look them up. They are part of the Pseudepigrapha. Now that you've called my hand, you need to look at the cards.
And you've got a joker against my full house...

“Survival Machine”

Location hidden

#348 Mar 17, 2013
Done my homework wrote:
<quoted text>
"the Apostle"??? This "Apostle" was Paul. Didn't you know that?
Of course.
Done my homework wrote:
But you don't hold to the "traditions" the Thessalonians were
taught.
Which were different from Paul's teachings to the other churches...how?
Done my homework wrote:
You've traded them for pagan traditions. Then you take verses out of context to rationalize and justify yourself.
And you come off like what Peter was righteously accused of (Gal 2:11-14).
Done my homework wrote:
Again, breaking the Commands of God by your "traditions of men".
And what command would that be?
Done my homework wrote:
Rave on Simon.
Keep talking Elymas
Done my homework

Oak Ridge, TN

#349 Mar 17, 2013
Mechanic_45 wrote:
<quoted text>Of course.
<quoted text>Which were different from Paul's teachings to the other churches...how?
<quoted text>And you come off like what Peter was righteously accused of (Gal 2:11-14).
<quoted text>And what command would that be?
<quoted text>Keep talking Elymas
If you are a Christian, you are commanded to keep the Sabbath, but you don't, by your own words. What other Pagan traditions do you keep?
Done my homework

Oak Ridge, TN

#350 Mar 17, 2013
Oh yeah, and what does YOUR Bible say about accepting and practicing Pagan traditions? I notice you are extremely selective about what issues you deal with.

Each of the Epistles contained teachings for each of the Churches they were sent to. Do you find a "Love Chapter" in Galatians? A dissertation on the Gifts in Romans? No. You love asking such broad and open ended questions, but you give nothing in return. Sad really, but the self-righteous are typical that way.

Elymas? Nah. Elihu. Ever met him? He's fun, and one of my favorites.

“Survival Machine”

Location hidden

#351 Mar 17, 2013
Done my homework wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are a Christian, you are commanded to keep the Sabbath, but you don't, by your own words. What other Pagan traditions do you keep?
Gentiles, need I remind you, were not under the Law, including the sabbath, which was for man, not the other way around, or didn't you notice that Christ said NOTHING about the sabbath to the rich young ruler, because it was being used as a tradition as washing of hands (Mt 15:2), and further fulfilling the prophecy of Hosea 2:11. Deal with it.
Done my homework

Oak Ridge, TN

#352 Mar 17, 2013
Mechanic_45 wrote:
<quoted text>Gentiles, need I remind you, were not under the Law, including the sabbath, which was for man, not the other way around, or didn't you notice that Christ said NOTHING about the sabbath to the rich young ruler, because it was being used as a tradition as washing of hands (Mt 15:2), and further fulfilling the prophecy of Hosea 2:11. Deal with it.
Really? So the 10 Commandments don't apply anymore?

“Survival Machine”

Location hidden

#353 Mar 17, 2013
Done my homework wrote:
Oh yeah, and what does YOUR Bible say about accepting and practicing Pagan traditions? I notice you are extremely selective about what issues you deal with.
It says by direct command:

Act 15:29 That ye abstain from meats offered to idols, and from blood, and from things strangled, and from fornication: from which if ye keep yourselves, ye shall do well. Fare ye well.

And by example Paul, responding to people that tried to worship him as a voice of God:

Act 14:15 And saying, Sirs, why do ye these things? We also are men of like passions with you, and preach unto you that ye should turn from these vanities unto the living God, which made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and all things that are therein:

“Survival Machine”

Location hidden

#354 Mar 17, 2013
Done my homework wrote:
Each of the Epistles contained teachings for each of the Churches they were sent to. Do you find a "Love Chapter" in Galatians? A dissertation on the Gifts in Romans? No. You love asking such broad and open ended questions, but you give nothing in return. Sad really, but the self-righteous are typical that way.
Just as the stiffnecked are known for holding to the traditions of the fathers.

So did you also see Paul giving the same warning to the Corinthians(1Cor 6:9,10), as he did to the Galatians (Gal 5:19-21)?

Did you see the emphasis of Abraham (Gal ch.3) with Romans ch. 4?

How about faith of the Gentiles (Romans ch2), with their faith being upheld in the letter to the Ephesians?

“Survival Machine”

Location hidden

#355 Mar 17, 2013
Done my homework wrote:
<quoted text>
Not if you use them to boast with (Romans 2:21-23). And if anyone could have boasted in the Law, it was Paul (Philippians 3:1-7).

“Survival Machine”

Location hidden

#356 Mar 17, 2013
And let my previous post connect teachings between two more churches.

“Survival Machine”

Location hidden

#357 Mar 17, 2013
Done my homework wrote:
Elymas? Nah. Elihu. Ever met him? He's fun, and one of my favorites.
Then why do you identify more with the sons of Sceva?

“Survival Machine”

Location hidden

#358 Mar 17, 2013
Waiting on you to show where Paul and Peter wrote anything about hell being emptied...
uh huh

Cambridge, MA

#359 Mar 17, 2013
waiting on my response on the other thread too.....

“Survival Machine”

Location hidden

#360 Mar 17, 2013
Done my homework wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, let's see:
1Co 6:9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither
fornicators,(goes to committing adultery)
nor idolaters,(goes to graven images)
nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,(all go to adultery)
1Co 6:10 Nor thieves,(thou shalt not steal)
nor covetous,(thou shalt not covet)
nor drunkards,
nor revilers, nor extortioners,
shall inherit the kingdom of God.
Gal 5:19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
Gal 5:20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
Gal 5:21 Envyings,
murders,(thou shalt not kill)
drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
Eph 6:2 Honour thy father and mother; which is the first commandment with promise;
That's six, and with my response to your question about pagenism going to having 'no other gods' making seven.
Looks like you need to do more homework
Done my homework

Oak Ridge, TN

#361 Mar 18, 2013
Mechanic_45 wrote:
<quoted text>Well, let's see:
1Co 6:9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither
fornicators,(goes to committing adultery)
nor idolaters,(goes to graven images)
nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,(all go to adultery)
1Co 6:10 Nor thieves,(thou shalt not steal)
nor covetous,(thou shalt not covet)
nor drunkards,
nor revilers, nor extortioners,
shall inherit the kingdom of God.
Gal 5:19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
Gal 5:20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
Gal 5:21 Envyings,
murders,(thou shalt not kill)
drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
Eph 6:2 Honour thy father and mother; which is the first commandment with promise;
That's six, and with my response to your question about pagenism going to having 'no other gods' making seven.
Looks like you need to do more homework
But didn't you say ...

"Gentiles, need I remind you, were not under the Law, including the sabbath, which was for man, not the other way around, or didn't you notice that Christ said NOTHING about the sabbath to the rich young ruler, because it was being used as a tradition as washing of hands (Mt 15:2), and further fulfilling the prophecy of Hosea 2:11. Deal with it."

Is it double talk, or double think? Either way, you make a statement on one hand and deny it on the other so you can be held to neither.

You rant against paganism, yet practice it. You break the laws of God, and teach others to do so as well, yet justify these actions by twisting the Scriptures. Now don't take my word for it, go back and read your own responses, read the things you have said. It is all there for those who have eyes to see, ears to hear, and a heart to know.

You have proved, not that Jesus is a Sun God as this thread asserts, but that religion today is the reason for this perception. Thank you for being what you are, and now I'm done with you. My God says that a wise man does not give answer to a fool, but He didn't say I couldn't use one to make my point.
heggeg

Rochester, PA

#362 Mar 18, 2013
youtube.com/watch... ……
Died like a human jesus was a normal human

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lancing Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Girl at Wal-Mart gas station 13 min BigBaller 1
Missing Man Oakdale (Mar '16) 24 min Mlssabee 221
Does Anybody Know Andrea Daugherty? (Jun '09) 1 hr Family 13
wartburg high school 1 hr WARTBURG 1984 11
any ladies need sugar daddy (May '14) 1 hr Prettyeyes35 24
Billy Gilea 3 hr BIG BIRD 5
Did we get Mrs Moeller Fired? 3 hr username 2

Lancing Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance