Will Lancing residents finally get dr...

Will Lancing residents finally get drinkable water?

There are 68 comments on the WATE-TV Knoxville story from Jul 27, 2009, titled Will Lancing residents finally get drinkable water?. In it, WATE-TV Knoxville reports that:

"We've had rain. It's not super bad. It's still bad, but if we don't have rain, it has so much iron you can't even cook with it," Reba Bates said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WATE-TV Knoxville.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
h2o no

Sunbright, TN

#1 Jul 28, 2009
this is ridiculous, when you see all of the highway construction between wartburg and oliver springs, and then you think about people just a few miles away not having adequate water to drink. something is wrong with this picture!! i am appauled at this!! let some of the "big wigs" go without water or wear red clothes or not be able to take a good hot shower, something will be done then!!!
mc_mum

Franklin, TN

#2 Jul 28, 2009
Yep. It's 2009 and some people don't have good clean water. And Becky Ruppe wants to spend 2 million dollars to renovate the court house. Were are the priorties in this place?????
JakesMom

Deer Lodge, TN

#3 Jul 29, 2009
This is insane! These residents have internet service but they don't have city water???!!!! I bet that if Boyd Rogers or Tommy Kilby want water on any of their properties, they get it FAST. This is a shame! Shame on you, Becky Ruppe!

“C.R.E.A.M”

Since: Jun 09

WARTBURG

#4 Jul 30, 2009
yea thats not right spending all this money on roads and stuff and thiers people needing clean dinking water hell this isnt africa. the big wigs are all about money must not be able to get paid much to supply thier county with clean water f**king sad
it wont happen

Sunbright, TN

#5 Jul 30, 2009
i live 2.5 miles from town of Wartburg and water line is 50 feet from my house and yet still cant get water..i might contact WBIR & WATE to see if they can help us get drinkable water.
mc_mum

Franklin, TN

#6 Jul 31, 2009
Thats a good idea. You should contact them. Call Don Dare. I bet he can help. Did you know that the people who finally got water out in Gobey had to make the calls themselves to get it done? And when it finally happened Ruppe was in the news boasting about it as if she had made it happen.
TamiLK

United States

#7 Aug 1, 2009
mc_mum wrote:
Thats a good idea. You should contact them. Call Don Dare. I bet he can help. Did you know that the people who finally got water out in Gobey had to make the calls themselves to get it done? And when it finally happened Ruppe was in the news boasting about it as if she had made it happen.
Typical Ruppee. I'll bet the McNews was there to take her picture and all the details of Ruppee's involvement to put on the front page. Wonder what the MCNews gets from it? Six extra copies sold for Ruppee's scrapbook?
shame

Sunbright, TN

#8 Sep 1, 2009
its a shame that we cant get it now
so true

Oneida, TN

#9 Sep 2, 2009
i agree i wish everyone could get water
need water

Oliver Springs, TN

#10 Jan 24, 2010
it wont happen wrote:
i live 2.5 miles from town of Wartburg and water line is 50 feet from my house and yet still cant get water..i might contact WBIR & WATE to see if they can help us get drinkable water.
I'm in the same boat...from my house I can see and just about throw a rock and hit 27hwy and water lines are less than 50ft ALL THE WAY AROUND ME and I still don't have water!!!Just about every year when they are applying for grants for water... someone has came out to talk to us about getting water to us, but yet we've still not seen a drop...but yet Tom Kilby gets water on any land that he has bought...but then again Becky and Tom used to date!!!
Hank Hughes

Nashville, TN

#11 Jan 29, 2010
That red A water is what your ancestors drank out of a bucket and a dipper, in the house.. Most had 2 wells......One shallow one, for washing clothes, and a "bullet type" well for drinking water, and thought nothing of it
good water

Fort Campbell, TN

#12 Jan 29, 2010
i know for a fact that tom kilby and boyd rogers paid for for all water lines out of there own pockets.if you got the money to buy the water line and paid to have it installed.you can get water Anywhere.County money did not paid for any water lines that t.kilby and b,rogers have put in to there land.
what ever

Wartburg, TN

#13 Feb 1, 2010
i dont know about boyd rogers, but tom kilby didnt pay for his water lines...there was a grant and how funny is it that the water lines got run to his land....or did that happen by accident
splain it

Whitley City, KY

#14 Feb 1, 2010
Fire em all!
good water

Fort Campbell, TN

#15 Feb 1, 2010
you need to check your facts "what ever" because you are so wrong about the grant money.and where was this water line laid that was paid for with grant money.
what ever

Oneida, TN

#16 Feb 3, 2010
i dont have to check my facts...i know where it was ran and it was out towards catoosa...i know tom owns that and the water went right to the houses he had put in so again WHAT EVER
good water

Oneida, TN

#17 Feb 11, 2010
i know he paid out the A__ __ it too.when you have the money to biuld homes like that,you can afford to put some water line in,at no cost to the county.if you would pool your money together you can put water line Anywhere you want and own.Almost sounds like your Mad because has the money to do these thang.
mike

Oliver Springs, TN

#18 Feb 13, 2010
Dig a deeper well!!

Really, do you want to depend on government to provide your drinking water?
dirty water

Columbia, SC

#19 Feb 16, 2010
mc_mum wrote:
Yep. It's 2009 and some people don't have good clean water. And Becky Ruppe wants to spend 2 million dollars to renovate the court house. Were are the priorties in this place?????
they are more people than you think who don't have safe water..for becky won't do nothing unless ... SHE HAS FAMILY that needs it...we have been trying for 6 YEARS...now where is the money going?????no funds for water...BUT they have it for a new court house maybe its not her head that is to big...maybe she needs a LARGER chair......enjoy becky....
laughing girl

Mount Juliet, TN

#20 Feb 22, 2010
I hope Lancing does get good water.There are lots of good people there.I don't want them going thirsty.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lancing Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
who is Leah Webb? (Sep '12) 3 hr Momof1 5
Misty Saffell 3 hr Momof1 1
Angies (Feb '11) 8 hr TnDarling 44
Whys my girl Haley Green still in the pokey 10 hr Longmeyer 13
Watch The 'Clown' Win In Rockwood 10 hr Princess Hey 22
meth trash front street courtney 10 hr takeoutdatrash 3
Leroy Thornton is a bum 15 hr Duh 2

Lancing Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance