DEVELOPING: Train derails in Morgan C...

DEVELOPING: Train derails in Morgan County

There are 28 comments on the WBIR Knoxville story from Jul 3, 2007, titled DEVELOPING: Train derails in Morgan County. In it, WBIR Knoxville reports that:

A train has derailed in Morgan County Tuesday afternoon, and its contents appear to be leaking out.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WBIR Knoxville.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Keep the amusement coming : )”

Since: Mar 07

Knoxville, TN

#21 Jul 4, 2007
Trains can get derailed for all sorts of reasons... I'm sure it did not have anything to do with the engineer or conductor. All they have to do is stay awake and pay attention every once in a while... NS is a good company!
DoodleBug

Atlanta, GA

#22 Jul 4, 2007
Does anyone(residents of Lancing) have a clue as to why the train derailed??? I went by there today and saw the crews, but I did'nt know what had happened.
Old School

Knoxville, TN

#23 Jul 4, 2007
CONCERNED wrote:
come on people,someone could have been hurt.
You are so right, if them twwenty train cars full of booze had of made it to the bar, all kinds of people could have been hurt.
Little Man Jr

Louisville, KY

#24 Jul 4, 2007
Hats off to the carmen for their hard work in getting the cars back on track and moving. My dad was a carman for 37 years and had many, many calls up there in that area. My first thought was how many people tried to get to the site to see if there was anything drinkable. I was raised in the area and know a lot people there. I can just imagine the traffic jam that was created trying to get there.
tammy spegal

Pitsburg, OH

#25 Jul 5, 2007
MY SYMPATHY GOES OUT TO ALL THE FAMILIES THAT HAVE RECENTLY LOST LOVED ONES IN RECENT ACCIDENTS , I AM VERY HAPPY FOR THE MAN WHO HAS CHOSEN TO GO BACK AND GET HIS DIPLOMA . I USED TO TO LIVE IN AND GO TO SCHOOL IN OAKDALE I MOVED AWAY WHEN I WAS 19 , THERE IS NEVER A DAY WHEN I DONT MISS BEING THERE .
lancing

Louisville, KY

#26 Jul 6, 2007
we do have a lot of auto accidents, i've seen most first hand and if people would just pay attention when driving and not drink, most would not happen
Last to know

Wartburg, TN

#27 Jul 23, 2007
Man I live just miles away from there and im always last to know..imagine how many drunks i coulda pulled with that stash
glad

Harriman, TN

#28 Jun 20, 2014
dont that train derail a lot?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lancing Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Joshua Cody Walker 9 hr toocoolinshades 6
Is there a stephanie hamilton who has utube cha... 9 hr Facebook 32
Angies Restaurant. (Dec '11) Sun Let it go 22
large nip ladies Sat bell ringer 5
27 quick stop (Nov '14) Sat steve 22
Angies (Feb '11) Sat Sis 43
Tabrin Thomas Fri Wondering 4

Lancing Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance