Local Bakery Develops 'Divorce Cakes'

Local Bakery Develops 'Divorce Cakes'

There are 6 comments on the NBC 5i Dallas/Fort Worth story from Jun 7, 2008, titled Local Bakery Develops 'Divorce Cakes'. In it, NBC 5i Dallas/Fort Worth reports that:

Divorcees can have their cake and eat it, too, thanks to a local businesswoman. Suzanne Maxwell of Lovin' Oven Bakery in Lancaster said she built her business on wedding cakes.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC 5i Dallas/Fort Worth.

Shaggy

Marion, IA

#1 Jun 7, 2008
That is a great idea. If I ever get a divorce (or if I ever get married for that matter), I'll have the lucky lady ring you up!
anonymous2112

United States

#2 Jun 8, 2008
Well isn't she a genius! i can't imagine noone has thought of this sooner! She is brillant! What a great idea.

Lame.

These have been around since the 80's. They are about as cool as mailing dog poo to a foe.

She stole someone else's idea and she is being praised in the media? Sic Sic world we live in.
C Martinez

Chesterfield, MO

#3 Jun 9, 2008
This is so stupid....so now there are going to be cakes made for other unhappy events in one's life...Come on now !!!!!
Cindy

Plano, TX

#4 Jun 9, 2008
Let's hope 1 doesn't get delivered to a wedding instead!
LOVIN OVEN BAKERY

United States

#5 Aug 10, 2008
COMMENT BACK TO ANNONYMOUS, I Have Been Doing Divorce Cakes since the Early 80'S and I Never Said That I Created Them. But a Customer Helped me Get The Idea to Make One For Her Back Then and I Have Done Them Ever Since.
Channel 5 called and asked to interview me about them because they found it on my website, I didn't call them.
Everyone Has Their own Feelings About Different Things, You are Certainly entitled to Yours. I just try to Make my Customers Happy, That is Why we Have Been in Business For 30 Years.

Since: May 09

middlesboro, ky

#6 Jun 18, 2009
well i think its a great idea personally! sometimes we can misjudge something or someone and made a bad choice! in this world one true and evident fact of life is divorce, some ppl just aren't menat to be together! i think its grat that one can look at the situation and even though its a difficult situation still find humor in it! keep making them cakes baby!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lancaster Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Tue OnePhart 1,123
Barbara Atkinson and Kenneth Atkinson Jan 25 Do u believe in HEll 1
Glenn Heights Water Bills- (Apr '07) Jan '17 Mark 33
DeSoto Music Thread (May '12) Dec '16 Musikologist 16
News One dead, seven injured in Ellis County family ... (Mar '12) Aug '16 Its me 2
News Man who tried to rob Waffle House with an AK-47... (Jul '16) Aug '16 Just another opin... 3
two double murders go unsolved (Jan '11) Aug '16 melody 16

Lancaster Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lancaster Mortgages