Thinking of moving to Red Oak
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

“Question all............. .....”

Since: Jun 08

Red Oak, TX

#43 Mar 17, 2010
Wow, interesting how anyone with a positive comment about Red Oak is judged nuts, etc. and people with complaints and bad memories are judges positively. The judge button is a nice, safe, annonymous tool isn't it?

Can't wait to see what I'm judged with.....

BTW, I live in Red Oak, and think it's a fine community.
TLC

Monette, AR

#44 Mar 17, 2010
bad_medic wrote:
Wow, interesting how anyone with a positive comment about Red Oak is judged nuts, etc. and people with complaints and bad memories are judges positively. The judge button is a nice, safe, annonymous tool isn't it?
I've read alot of your posts & I myself, am from Red Oak. Moved when I got Married & this is how I stay in touch. Your Kool to me!(For what it's worth to ya) That's just.... My2Cents!!!

Since: Sep 09

Lancaster, Texas

#45 Mar 18, 2010
bad_medic wrote:
I agree with you. This was one of the first threads that I commented on after joining. All I did was tell the person posting that Red Oak was a fast-growing small community and I was judged as "clueless." You kind of have to take all of the comments with a little grain of salt because some people will say just about anything. I live in Lancaster and some of the things that I've read about my community are nothing but garbage and when actual residents refute the claims being made, the bashers usually don't respond again. I guess it is up to people like you and me who have first-hand knowledge of our respective communities to set the record straight! All the best.
Freeman

Blytheville, AR

#46 Mar 18, 2010
I know Red Oaks a Great Place!! The real fact is Topix is just a GOSSIP site & a way for people to take out their frustrations during the day. If they cant bash people,then its what ever is top on the list. Its like Judgement Day to any & everyone. Doesn't matter what State or City you go to. I go where Ive lived & have Family. I spent most of my life there. I worked at the Truck Stop way back when it was Knox. Then when it was Charlies, etc... everything but the Sandwich Shop & Ice Cream. I worked at Denny's too. I know "Johnny Cop" if hes still around. I Loved him. He took REAL GOOD care of a "My Best Customer" Heddie (SP) Saego. She was ill & had to park in the "No Parking" area but he let her & helped her out of the car to get inside. I MISS Y'ALL IN RED OAK!! If you happen to know me from the Restaurants... Get in touch!! Also looking for Johnny Miller.

Since: Oct 09

Lancaster, Tex.

#47 Mar 20, 2010
bad_medic wrote:
People are just sharing their experiences about Red Oak. Regardless of how a comment is judged, everyone has a right to share their thoughts on here. Although you think Red Oak is a fine community, my experience wasn't a positive one and I couldn't wait to get out. I live in Lancaster now and even though you shared a negative memory about my community on a separate thread, I haven't had any problems here and feel it is a a nice place to live. It just goes to show that no city is going to be liked by all of its current/former residents.
TLC

Trumann, AR

#48 Mar 20, 2010
fried wrote:
I live in red oak and have been broken into 3 times.
"fried" I hate to ask & only am b.c of the name you use for posting. Are the breaking in for drugs? Even if the Dr. has you on meds they can go through the trash & find out what it is. I know b.c. I'm disabled & they could be breaking in looking for your meds. I tear off my labels & flush them down the toilet b.c. I live in a small town. There is a couple of guys here that will go through peoples trash if they see a Disabled licence plate on our car or if they know what meds ppl are prescribed. We don't associate with them but they know more of our business than they need to.(I'm not speaking of illegal drugs & I do realize it could just be a name) If not it's just good info. to have if you have to be prescribed narcotics for any reason.(Some times the houses got broken into but, most of the time they would go visit the ppl & steal them.) We got mean & told them if they ever came back we'd shoot 'em. They knew it was true so they haven't been back!! LOL...

“Question all............. .....”

Since: Jun 08

Red Oak, TX

#49 Mar 20, 2010
Southwest342 wrote:
<quoted text>
People are just sharing their experiences about Red Oak. Regardless of how a comment is judged, everyone has a right to share their thoughts on here. Although you think Red Oak is a fine community, my experience wasn't a positive one and I couldn't wait to get out. I live in Lancaster now and even though you shared a negative memory about my community on a separate thread, I haven't had any problems here and feel it is a a nice place to live. It just goes to show that no city is going to be liked by all of its current/former residents.
While I did have negative experiences in Lancaster, it will always be my home town.(grew up there, 80s-90s) I'm sincerely glad you have found somewhere to live happily, just as I on the other hand have in Red Oak.

I don't beleive I was one of the people who called Lancaster 'ghetto', and if I did, or it was interpereted as such, I apologize. That wasn't my intention, just venting some old bad tastes, ya know? The same as venting about the polarized reactions of a significant amount of the Topix community.

peace

Lancaster, Tex.

#50 Mar 21, 2010
bad_medic wrote:
<quoted text>
While I did have negative experiences in Lancaster, it will always be my home town.(grew up there, 80s-90s) I'm sincerely glad you have found somewhere to live happily, just as I on the other hand have in Red Oak.
I don't beleive I was one of the people who called Lancaster 'ghetto', and if I did, or it was interpereted as such, I apologize. That wasn't my intention, just venting some old bad tastes, ya know? The same as venting about the polarized reactions of a significant amount of the Topix community.
peace
I apologize if I came off as combative as well. We're both happy where we are now and that is all that matters. Even though I shared my negative experience with the person who started this thread, I never told her to find a place other than Red Oak in which to live. I just hoped that her experience was better than mine.

I know that you weren't one of those who called Lancaster 'ghetto.' To me, that whole Lancaster is ghetto thread is highly offensive. For someone to describe my middle class neighborhood and the many others across the city as ghetto just angers me to no end. It is so disrespectful and degrading. My husband and I work very hard and live in a nice, quiet and safe area. Our eight year old son has a wonderful teacher and attends a TEA recognized campus. We are just living our lives like everyone else. Luckily, people who live here have posted comments refuting some of the more egregious claims being made on that topic page.

Although I'm no Red Oak booster, I do respect those who earn an honest living and find it a suitable place for their family. I appreciate your sincere response to my last post.

Thanks.
tlc

Harrisburg, AR

#51 Mar 21, 2010
bad_medic wrote:
<quoted text>
peace
Isn't that special. Coming from a medic who cant spell. Nice to know your Prejudice & evidently YOU read my post wrong!!
tlc

Harrisburg, AR

#52 Mar 21, 2010
Oh, I'm Sorry. Just venting. You seem to apologize for that alot!!
Resident

Waxahachie, TX

#53 Apr 19, 2010
I have lived in red oak since 1996, I divorced in 2003 and decided to stay because my children and I were both happy with the school system...My kids are now 23 and 18 and did not manage to get on drugs or in any gangs in the school system...so I dont really understand people scaring people on this site..Although I am sure it does exist in the schools like any other but if you are an active parent in your childs life that should not be a problem....I was also an apartment manager for 14 years here and I never experienced any break ins or vandalism in my area....so I feel very safe and happy in Red Oak...no bad experiences here....

United States

#54 Apr 22, 2010
as a person who attends a red oak school i would have to say it offers a lot. I'm in the AP and Pre-Ap or GT classes with more advanced classes. And I'm looking at an early graduation and have many offers to good colleges.

The town itself is very nice. Nice hosing and new nice appartments. You have an easy drive to Waxahachie for things from target or Home Depot or JcPenny's. But our small town here does have a grocerie store and hardware (ect.)

So i really would recomment the town. It's very quaint and nice. And it continues to grow. And the new highschool is gorgeous!

United States

#55 Apr 22, 2010
my parents are divorced and i live in lancaster too. I love the town, solomley because it's my home town. But it really has nothing in it. and the school system there are terrible. So i mean... well yea. Red Oak is better than Lancaster!

Lancaster, Tex.

#56 Apr 23, 2010
guest wrote:
my parents are divorced and i live in lancaster too. I love the town, solomley because it's my home town. But it really has nothing in it. and the school system there are terrible. So i mean... well yea. Red Oak is better than Lancaster!
Everyone is entitled to their opinion. My experiences in both communities is the complete opposite and I'm happy with where I am now.

Lancaster, Tex.

#57 Apr 23, 2010
Forgot to add this in my previous comment:

In an older post at the top of this page, I stated "I do respect those who earn an honest living and find it [Red Oak] a suitable place for their family." Even though my experience was horrible there, I don't need to put down or generalize an entire community to prove a point.

The suburbs south of Dallas continue to grow and attract new residents and businesses by the year. Red Oak and Midlothian more than doubled in size over the past decade. Glenn Heights' population rose by nearly 70 percent. Cedar Hill, Lancaster, and Waxahachie each grew by around 40 percent while the area's largest city, DeSoto, had a 30 percent growth rate. If any of these cities had no redeeming qualities, I doubt if any of them would have grown so significantly. Hopefully this is something that all of us living in this region can agree upon.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lancaster Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Glenn Heights Water Bills- (Apr '07) Sep 4 Shelley 31
News One dead, seven injured in Ellis County family ... (Mar '12) Aug '16 Its me 2
News Man who tried to rob Waffle House with an AK-47... Aug '16 Just another opin... 3
two double murders go unsolved (Jan '11) Aug '16 melody 16
Lancaster pronounciation (Apr '15) Jul '16 In general 7
sonny bill Hutchinson melissa hickman dewey hic... (Mar '15) Jul '16 Times have changed 2
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Jun '16 robert 994

Lancaster Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lancaster Mortgages