Lancaster teen charged with killing i...

Lancaster teen charged with killing infant he was babysitting 4:54 PM CT

There are 5 comments on the Denton Record-Chronicle story from Apr 11, 2008, titled Lancaster teen charged with killing infant he was babysitting 4:54 PM CT. In it, Denton Record-Chronicle reports that:

By SCOTT GOLDSTEIN / The Dallas Morning News [email protected] Lancaster police have charged a 19-year-old man in the killing earlier this week of an infant he was babysitting, officials said. via Denton Record-Chronicle

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Denton Record-Chronicle.

Doris

Rowlett, TX

#1 Apr 11, 2008
What in the name of God are these women thinking to leave their boyfriends watch their children? I have heard this similar story many times this year - 19 year old boyfriend kills girlfriends child during potty training and the like. Young men and teenage boys should never care for children except possibly a sibling and that goes for young stepfathers. We see this all too often.
What a complete shame. jesus save us all!

“So tired of racists!”

Since: Mar 08

DFW, TX

#2 Apr 11, 2008
Why can't they just put the baby in the crib and walk away for a bit if they get that angry? I just don't understand how you could kill a child who is completely innocent and defenseless. I just dont' get it.
Random Name Generator

Boise, ID

#3 Apr 12, 2008
Doris wrote:
What in the name of God are these women thinking to leave their boyfriends watch their children? I have heard this similar story many times this year - 19 year old boyfriend kills girlfriends child during potty training and the like. Young men and teenage boys should never care for children except possibly a sibling and that goes for young stepfathers. We see this all too often.
What a complete shame. jesus save us all!
WHAT A SEXIST REMARK!!!!!!!!!! Being male does not mean a person is incapable of caring for a child. The problem was with the individual themselves, their gender has nothing to do with it.
Dara

Dallas, TX

#4 Apr 12, 2008
Random Name Generator wrote:
<quoted text>
WHAT A SEXIST REMARK!!!!!!!!!! Being male does not mean a person is incapable of caring for a child. The problem was with the individual themselves, their gender has nothing to do with it.
I read alot of information through groups I volunteer with,(the children's Advocacy Center), community outreach center and such. In his book Raising Boys, reknown pastor and author, Dr. James Dobson says the same thing. He says you should never have a teenae boy care for a child. I didn't think of it until now, but I was the 4 year old victim on many occasions when a 10, 11 or 12 year old boy on the block came swimming or over to the house when his sister babysat.
Men and younger men in general have more issues dealing with young children that are not their own, will take more risks or experiment sexually with a child or hurt them. I guess it's good that I am, for the first time in my older life, sexist instead of one of the guys.
z bgrove

United States

#5 May 29, 2008
my god be with you!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lancaster Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Glenn Heights Water Bills- (Apr '07) Oct '16 taxpayer 32
News One dead, seven injured in Ellis County family ... (Mar '12) Aug '16 Its me 2
News Man who tried to rob Waffle House with an AK-47... Aug '16 Just another opin... 3
two double murders go unsolved (Jan '11) Aug '16 melody 16
Lancaster pronounciation (Apr '15) Jul '16 In general 7
sonny bill Hutchinson melissa hickman dewey hic... (Mar '15) Jul '16 Times have changed 2
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Jun '16 robert 994

Lancaster Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lancaster Mortgages