I've seen the response that they didn't owe you a voucher for "something a previous guest left". That may be correct. I think they do owe you medical testing for exposing your grand-daughter to a potent neurotoxin - Mercury. I also think they owe you for failure to notify you. If they didn't find that crack pipe, then they didn't clean up the mercury contamination in the room resulting from breaking the bulb. Similar incidents involve motels failing to notify guests they're staying in a former methamphetamine lab.