Cucumber Billboard Offends Some Texans

Jan 29, 2010 Full story: WJZ-TV Baltimore 12

Share + Jan 29, 2010 9:45 am US/Eastern LANCASTER, Texas 1 of 1 At first glance, it looks like a cartoon character.

Full Story
Ken Oglesby

Lancaster, TX

#1 Jan 30, 2010
Didn't offend me.
I thought it was quite amusing,actually.

“We're all Bozos on this bus”

Since: Jan 07

Indianapolis, IN

#2 Jan 30, 2010
Ah don' wanta pickle, I jus' wanta ride my motorsickle.
Fresh Food

Fullerton, CA

#3 Jan 30, 2010
Who tossed the salad?
Gutsy Girl

Plano, TX

#4 Jan 31, 2010
Keeps 'em talking just like the last one.
Gutsy Girl

Plano, TX

#5 Jan 31, 2010
keep Em talking
National Attention

Plano, TX

#6 Jan 31, 2010
When's the last time Lancaster got national attention for anything but tornados or murders.
LancasterRes

United States

#7 Jan 31, 2010
The billboard is in Lancaster, the store its promoting is in DeSoto.

Since: Sep 09

Lancaster, Texas

#8 Jan 31, 2010
National Attention wrote:
When's the last time Lancaster got national attention for anything but tornados or murders.
What a classless remark. I live in Lancaster and we aren't ever in the national news for murders. Its not like that type of thing is a regular occurence here. Ferris, Waxahachie, and a many other DFW suburbs have had more murders in the last year or so than Lancaster.

But getting back on topic, most of us have better things to do than to sit around and worry about a billboard in one corner of town.
LancasterRes

United States

#9 Jan 31, 2010
Chris N wrote:
<quoted text>
What a classless remark. I live in Lancaster and we aren't ever in the national news for murders. Its not like that type of thing is a regular occurence here. Ferris, Waxahachie, and a many other DFW suburbs have had more murders in the last year or so than Lancaster.
But getting back on topic, most of us have better things to do than to sit around and worry about a billboard in one corner of town.
Well said!
N Dowd

Fullerton, CA

#10 Jan 31, 2010
I have a string been I'm pretty poud of.
beyond that

United States

#11 Jan 31, 2010
"Vegetarians are people too lazy to chase their food."

Iacobi
Pandora

Manila, AR

#12 Feb 11, 2010
beyond that wrote:
"Vegetarians are people too lazy to chase their food."
Iacobi
Funny!! Wish we had a Billboard like that here. Give us something to talk about.(All they do is post about each other) That's why I Love Home!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lancaster Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) 13 hr Fossilfarts 677
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) 18 hr Manny 535
Where do you go for car a/c repair here in Red ... Oct 22 Overheated 1
$100 tonight Oct 19 cameryjoyce 1
Why do people talk about Lancaster like it's gh... (May '09) Oct 4 prichards 61
New Procter & Gamble Wilmer warehouse will have... Sep 29 liz 2
Procter & Gamble's 1.4 million sq.ft. warehouse... Sep 29 liz 1

Lancaster News Video

Lancaster Dating
Find my Match

Lancaster Jobs

Lancaster People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Lancaster News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Lancaster

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]