Country singer Janie Fricke volunteers

Oct 24, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Neighbors Go

At the height of her popularity, country music star Janie Fricke decided to make a move.

Comments
1 - 2 of 2 Comments Last updated Oct 25, 2010
Wilmer Fudd

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2010

How timely - an acknowledgement after 30 years.
The article mentions Fricke volunteering everywhere except Wilmer. Charity begins at home but that's obviously a bit too close for comfort for the "first lady of Wilmer". Until her husband got handed the job of mayor Fricke didn't publicly acknowledge living in Wilmer, preferring to associate with Lancaster and it's social groups and causes. Maybe she'll go back to Indiana after hubby makes his deal with certain developers.
outofcountry

Fort Smith, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2010

Judged:

The last mayor of Wilmer made a million selling a small parcel of his land to the developers. Then went on to build himself a ranch in Palmer. He didn't get to enjoy it for long, he died recently. The ranch remains, he didn't get to take it with him. I'm sure Jim and Jamie will be seeling the farm soon.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Lancaster News Video

•••
•••

Lancaster Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Lancaster People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE