The May 8th City Elections......Good/...

The May 8th City Elections......Good/Bad For the Citys' Future.

Posted in the Lancaster Forum

Billy Moore

Lewisville, TX

#1 May 9, 2010
First of all,let me say I was raised in Lancaster from the time I was a baby.Grew up in the Eastside Acres section of the city..past North Dallas Avenue and between Belt Line Rd and Pleasant Run Rd.Attended elementary,junior high in the Lancaster School District.First two(2)years we were bused to the Wilmer Hutchins Independent School District.Absolute Horrors those years.Lancaster integrated its' school system in 1965.....my Junior year.It was a Blessing from God,and,formed my educational tools to this day.Moved away and lived in different parts of the country and Dallas up until 2001.Came back to a city I felt was coasting with its' small town atmosphere and content on keeping the status quo as it was and not concerned that Duncanville,De Soto,and,especially Cedar Hill,were making a progressive move by attracting industry,businesses and resturants moving these cities into the 21st century and proving that small town charm can co-exist with a progressive stance to enhance the city as a whole part.All the above is to say that I'm smiling to think about the possibilities of positive newness that just may still happen in my lifetime as person who was born here,moved away,and,now back,for hopefully,a new rebirth for the City of Lancaster.
passerby

Dallas, TX

#2 May 11, 2010
Grest post Billy Monroe!!! I live in Lancaster as well and see things heading in the right direction too. Have you heard about the project planned for the area around I-35 and Bear Creek? The council recently approved a zoning change to allow for significant retail development in that area. Its always nice to hear from other citizens of Lancaster.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lancaster Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lancaster Tx Mayor and City Manager are THUGS (Nov '12) May 22 Concerned Ctz 11
Debate: Marijuana - Red Oak, TX (Aug '10) May 21 oscar 15
Review: American Auto Plaza USA May 21 car owner 1
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) May 20 Banfartos 708
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) May 19 Fartdog 843
murder in wilmer trailer park around feb 2005 (Jul '14) May 17 sheilasmith951 2
Lancaster pronounciation May 16 satisfied citizen 2
More from around the web

Lancaster People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]