14-Year-Old Boy Killed In Double Shoo...

14-Year-Old Boy Killed In Double Shooting

There are 118 comments on the NBC 5i Dallas/Fort Worth story from Oct 19, 2008, titled 14-Year-Old Boy Killed In Double Shooting. In it, NBC 5i Dallas/Fort Worth reports that:

A 14-year-old was killed and another teenager was hospitalized after a double shooting in a south Dallas County suburb Saturday night.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC 5i Dallas/Fort Worth.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Carter

Denton, TX

#103 Nov 4, 2008
Doubts wrote:
<quoted text>
Palin is not even a voting choice for president McCain is. If you want to compare stupid statements made by VP candidates we could be here until the 2012 elections.
Justifying racism does not make it any less racism. Saying it is what you are taught to do is just stupid. My worthless redneck father taught me to hate black people. Would it be Ok if I did because it was what i was taught? No it wouldn't. And it is not Ok to vote for someone because of their race. The office of the president is too important to be decided by something as insignificant as skin color.
Your post is as short on Logic as it is on grammer.
Doubts, Why is it that you always seem to try and put someone else down? Are you not capable of having a debated conversation? Have you not heard the saying agree to disagree?
I am glad you did not take your fathers advice and hate people because of their skin. The fact of the matter is, how many people do? I don't hate, nor fault, those same individuals; but instead pray for them.
If you would have read my post, you would see that I never said I voted for Obama because he was black: I gave specific reasons why I did. I did say, however, that it is not racist to vote for him because of his race. Just as I don't feel it is racist to not vote for him because of his race. That is my opinion, whether you like it or not.
In response to your comment regarding Palin; is she not on the same ticket as McCain. If something happens to McCain, does she not step in as President? So what is your logic behind that? You say its acceptable to vote for someone who says she can see Russia from her door step? You say its acceptable to vote for someone who says that she is in charge of the Senate? You say it acceptable to vote for someone that has been found guilty in abusing her power in office? Oh, my apologies, what you said was that Palin was not the choice for President. How genius is that? They pick running mates for a reason Doubts!

Please show me the grammatical errors in my post you were speaking of! I am a very well spoken person and have written many published articles. Sorry if I didn't proofread an internet blog. But your errors are: "Justifying racism does not make it any less racism." It should actually read, "Justifying racism does not make it any less racist." And by the way, grammar is spelled with an 'ar' not an 'er.' Guess you didn't proof yours either.
TxGirl

Stephenville, TX

#104 Nov 4, 2008
I believe she was found NOT guilty of abusing her power
Carter

Denton, TX

#105 Nov 4, 2008
TxGirl wrote:
I believe she was found NOT guilty of abusing her power
Palin repimanded over abuse of power as Alaska governor

Associated Press
Saturday, 11 October 2008

An Alaska ethics report has concluded that John McCain's running mate, Sarah Palin, abused her power as governor when firing a state official, a development that could hinder the Republicans as the race for the White House narrows.
HUH

Arlington, TX

#106 Nov 4, 2008
What does this have to do with a 14 year old being shot,you f@cks?
Carter

Denton, TX

#107 Nov 4, 2008
Carter wrote:
<quoted text>
Palin repimanded over abuse of power as Alaska governor
Associated Press
Saturday, 11 October 2008
An Alaska ethics report has concluded that John McCain's running mate, Sarah Palin, abused her power as governor when firing a state official, a development that could hinder the Republicans as the race for the White House narrows.
My apologies, just read an article today that a different investigation is clearing her.
Carter

Denton, TX

#108 Nov 4, 2008
HUH wrote:
What does this have to do with a 14 year old being shot,you f@cks?
If you had read all the posts, genius, you would see how the conversation was changed.
HUH

Arlington, TX

#109 Nov 4, 2008
I did read all the posts f@cktard. Still has nothing to do with the topic. May I suggest the election 2008 topic for dribble.
TxGirl

Stephenville, TX

#110 Nov 5, 2008
Carter wrote:
<quoted text>
My apologies, just read an article today that a different investigation is clearing her.
lol ok..i was pretty sure i had heard that..but was second guessing myself
Carter

Denton, TX

#111 Nov 5, 2008
HUH wrote:
I did read all the posts f@cktard. Still has nothing to do with the topic. May I suggest the election 2008 topic for dribble.
Never said it did. My statement was that you would see how it changed. However, may I suggest that you extend your vocabulary. Using a curse word only shows your ignorance. There are far more words to get your point across than the childish f@ck or f@cktard, whaterver that is. I teach English/Language Arts so I can help if you need. Or maybe I can find an elementary teacher to help you, may be more fitting.
Go Carter

United States

#112 Mar 1, 2009
i know i'm late to this..but all of your posts were well stated! most could not hang. as a matter of fact, many people on here refuting what you said don't even have the ability to deduce from what you stated. I think you shut them down. You held your ground and could even back what you stated. oh, and yes (for you you dot the i and cross the t people) i do know that sentences begin with capital letters. It's flowing and you get the gist of what i'm saying.
george burnett

AOL

#113 Mar 2, 2009
brobe wrote:
The young man who was killed was my young cousin. What you should know is that not every african american male thatís killed under these and similar circumstances is always involved with gangs and drugs, and Nicholas certainly was NOT. Nicholas was a very good young man, he was not involved with any sort of gang or drug activity. He was simply at a party at someoneís house at what turned out to be the wrong time. What we know so far is that it was a random shooting, and he was one of the two innocent people that were shot. Its easy for someone to make a comment such as yours when you donít have all the details. As I type this my wife and I are on our way out of the door to console the rest of our family, which includes his two grandmothers and his 80 year old great-grandmother, who all loved him dearly and were very proud of him. We will all miss Nicholas, and it doesnít help our grief at all to have to deal with snide comments that are made because of ignorance of the true facts and racial profiling.
if this young man was a fine young man your family does indeed have my sympathy.i am just a middle aged white guy looking at a computer screen.the violence in the black community is out of control.my outsider perspective won't interest you;but your views on cause and cure would be of interest to me.
jenni

Frisco, TX

#114 Oct 24, 2009
Exciter71 wrote:
Of course he was a "good boy". Everyone, including family, is quick to comment about things they nothing about. You donít know what your cousin is when youíre not around. Is the shooter's family saying what a great child he was too? I donít buy this innocent bystander picture you paint of him. Believe it or not, bad people shoot other bad people for whatever stupid reason. The real innocent victims are very far and few between.

alot of innocent people gets killed not meaning that they were involved just things happen for odd reasons..u sound retarded........
Lancaster Soldier

Dallas, TX

#115 May 17, 2010
I was in Iraq when I heard about the shooting. I personally knew "Nick" and he was a very bright and funny young man. He was not into drugs by any means or associated with a gang. He was attending a party, as most teenagers do and look forward too. Unfortunately, just like Texas A&M, Virginia Tech, and many other "wrong place, wrong time" locations across this great country a tragedy happened and all people want to do is express their PERSONAL OPINIONS! How about expressing the lost of a child, grandchild, and friend. Let's not take this opprotunity to share our hate or dislike for circumstances we can not control. I loved my little friend Nick and I am sad to not be able to have been here for his funeral or the opprotunity to say goodbye.
starmillion

Mansfield, TX

#116 Jun 20, 2011
Just looking at some of the negative comments smh this is a child life stolen from him and your saying hurtful things wooow grow up and hope God has mercy on your soul's...
Lil des

Mesquite, TX

#117 Jul 24, 2011
maybe the young man "i4 years old" should have picked the people he hung out with a little more
man dat was my friend maybe u should stop bein in people business
Ms L

United States

#118 Jul 24, 2011
happy medium wrote:
<quoted text>Well it's an issue nobody wants to talk about because it's not politically correct. Places with a high population of blacks have a much higher crime rate and drug/gang issues. Not being racist, it's just true.
First let me say my heart goes out to the families of this horrible crime against these innocent children. Second I am a resident of Lancaster and I really take offense to people trying to always make it like Blacks are always in something negative, which is not always the case. we have positive black children with positive parents and I mean Mother and father in their lives. So people DON'T make this a negative or race issue. it pisses me out when people start talking half ass and don't know the real deal. I pray for the families that lost a loved one and had a loved one injured, may GOD be with both your families.
Lisa

United States

#119 Jul 25, 2011
Exciter71 wrote:
Of course he was a "good boy". Everyone, including family, is quick to comment about things they nothing about. You donít know what your cousin is when youíre not around. Is the shooter's family saying what a great child he was too? I donít buy this innocent bystander picture you paint of him. Believe it or not, bad people shoot other bad people for whatever stupid reason. The real innocent victims are very far and few between.
First of all, you don't even know this young man. Do don't judge this person. We need to think about his parents in this time of loss. Just think if it was your child, if you even have one. You don't know what is like to have someone that even know you or child too judege. No this kid was a bad kid or even in a gang, this is someone my daughter knew and was friends with. I know my daughter friends and the company she keep. Stop judging and be supported.
cynthia

Richardson, TX

#120 Oct 18, 2016
buddy b wrote:
Gangs and drugs, when will parents start controlling there kids and teaching them some core values, I guess when the parents develop some core values
You should have kept this to yourself. Why not say praying for the family.. Someone lost their child.. I pray this never happens to you FOOL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lancaster Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Are there Jan 7 True that 1
News Scoop: the Great Christmas Light Fight on Abc -... Dec 28 Dbearden72 5
Lancaster Tx Mayor and City Manager are THUGS (Nov '12) Oct '17 Lancaster home 25
Red OaK Swingers Club (Oct '09) Oct '17 Taurus 44
DeSoto Music Thread (May '12) Sep '17 Musikologist 17
Lancaster pronounciation (Apr '15) Jul '17 OBolton 8
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Texas (Dis... (Oct '10) Jun '17 AmPieJam UncleSam 19

Lancaster Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lancaster Mortgages