14-Year-Old Boy Killed In Double Shoo...

14-Year-Old Boy Killed In Double Shooting

There are 117 comments on the NBC 5i Dallas/Fort Worth story from Oct 19, 2008, titled 14-Year-Old Boy Killed In Double Shooting. In it, NBC 5i Dallas/Fort Worth reports that:

A 14-year-old was killed and another teenager was hospitalized after a double shooting in a south Dallas County suburb Saturday night.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC 5i Dallas/Fort Worth.

Dallas, TX

#22 Oct 19, 2008
happy medium wrote:
<quoted text>How would he help? Will blacks suddenly stop committing crimes if Obama is elected?
They will commit more crimes because nobama will pardon them all :)

The Colony, TX

#23 Oct 19, 2008
Please don't bring any political crap into this situation. Someone we love has been killed, and dealing with the pain of that situation is more important than talking about the election. There are other blogs available for that.

Dallas, TX

#24 Oct 19, 2008
brobe wrote:
Please don't bring any political crap into this situation. Someone we love has been killed, and dealing with the pain of that situation is more important than talking about the election. There are other blogs available for that.
Sorry for your loss, and agreeing with you 100%.

Dallas, TX

#25 Oct 19, 2008
There are also better places to express your pain and loss then a Topix forum. This is probably the last place I would look for some sympathy. Try your friends and family for comfort and donít look to a political based web site for support.
C Martinez

Carrollton, TX

#26 Oct 20, 2008
I have noticed alot of stupid,hateful comments are always being made on this news site.There sure are a lot of hateful people out there,when it comes to incidents as this one.

Weatherford, TX

#27 Oct 20, 2008
happy medium wrote:
I wonder why those teens came to the house shooting. How did they know there was a birthday party going on? I feel bad for the innocent 14 yr old but something's fishy here.
Why does there have to be something fishy? This could happen anywhere. Even in Lewisville if that is where you are from. I too am from Lewisville. There are good kids and bad kids everywhere. Why is everyone so hateful. You have to lose a son or daughter to understand someones grief. I too lost a son, 11 years ago and you just can't imagine the hurt. So why don't you quit being so hateful, all of you, and say a prayer for this family.

So sorry for your loss, brobe

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#28 Oct 20, 2008
Well it's an issue nobody wants to talk about because it's not politically correct. Places with a high population of blacks have a much higher crime rate and drug/gang issues. Not being racist, it's just true.politic Its happed everywhere thats why these so called children need to get used to the Fact that they will be judged by higher would be that it happens all the time.teach your children to deside for them self what the should be doing and not what other claim they should be doing. read to your children if the have a problem then you can start to understand there try to hard to believe these things happen the police would love to show the kindness but they are shut out by would be Gangs God! in control good day!pray for the familys!!!!! meditate the word of God with your children so the can be at peace the really love truth!!!!

United States

#29 Oct 20, 2008
Wow, such a sad and heartbreaking situation, for Nic's mom, uncle, grandmother, and all other family members. He was such a gift from GOD and I knew him well. I have a daughter his age, who, whenever she flew down from California would go with Nic, or they'd get together and play. I can't imagine what his mom is experiencing at this time. I do know that it all seems so very hard to understand right now, GOD will strengthen the family. As far myself, I WILL KEEP EVERONE IN MY PRAYERS. Be Strong Niki...... Luv U All.

Since: Oct 08

Dallas, Texas

#30 Oct 20, 2008
My prayers go out to the family of this young man.

I have a teenage daughter that asks to go to a party at someones house almost every weekend. I say no almost every weekend. She always tells me "But, their parents are going to be there." I'm not really too worried about the people who were invited as much as I am about the people WHO WERE NOT INVITED.

I say no
she gets mad
too bad
she's alive to get mad again next week
Native Texan

Dallas, TX

#31 Oct 20, 2008
Negro Ned wrote:
Another young brother that was a victim of the man.
We need Barrack Obama in the white house.
That's the last freaking thing we need!!!!!

Stephenville, TX

#32 Oct 20, 2008
I agree with Native Texan..i was just gonna reply..but everytime I hit reply it went to the read all post page...hmm

Richardson, TX

#33 Oct 20, 2008
can't we all just get along?

Rowlett, TX

#34 Oct 20, 2008
I just want to pay respects R.I.P Nick I remember him from Lancaster, and he was a real cool person....had a very good personality....He will be always be missed gone but never forgotten 1 Luv......:)

Fort Worth, TX

#35 Oct 20, 2008
My sympathy to Nick's family; regardless of circumstances a child has died and will not be able to fulfill his hopes and dreams and God's will in his life. That is always a sad event.

The Colony, TX

#36 Oct 20, 2008
As his older cousin I just would like to take a moment to thank everyone that has added all of the nice and kind remarks about Nicholas.

God Bless

The Colony, TX

#37 Oct 20, 2008
This was a good kid that made good grades. To those that made negative comments.
If you could see the sad face of his 80-year-old great grandmother crying. Who was up for almost 24 hours, sitting on her porch all day yesterday, greeting people that stopped by to give their condolences. You probably would paint a different picture. Do not be so quick to point the finger; no one on this earth is immune from the sins of man. Regardless if you live in Plano, Allen, Lewisville, McKinney or WHEREVER.
By the way I lived in Plano and now were closer to Lewisville. I have a brother that went to school in Plano, so I know what goes on in their schools and the neighborhoods itís not all nice. Some not all of these people simply hide their sins and prejudices by retreating to their expensive homes and saying this cant happen in my neighborhood.
Also to those that think this cant happen in my neighborhood, did you forget that the guy that attempted to kill Ronald Regan, back on March 30, 1981 was from Highland Park?
You canít get anymore expensive or exclusive then that in Dallas. And thatís a long way from any so-called bad neighborhoods. This was a small birthday party for a little girl in a nice neighborhood by invitation only, which he did receive. Unfortunately people that were not invited to the party ended it tragically. So you see this is something that not only plagues certain communities, but our entire country. So heed your words and know there will always be some sort of tragedy in everyoneís family. It may not be of this type, but it happens to everyoneís family sometime or someway. And when it does, if you can remember, please reflect on this moment and your thoughts.

God Bless

Frisco, TX

#38 Oct 20, 2008
I read this story on WFAA and it gave much better details. NBC didnt even mention the fact that these kids were at another teens birthday party. Its not like they were at an adult party, etc.

The comment about why didn't the family member mention a Mom or Dad to console, he didn't say the family ONLY included the grandparents. Oh and I guess kids are never left w/o parents due to terrible car accidents or illnesses or serving our country in the military, etc. Some of you jump to conclusions very quickly. Gangs and drugs? Where did that come from. Yeah the family member did mention race first, but I think its pretty safe to assume what the guy meant, esp since there have been pictures of the kid on the news and yet drugs and gangs were automatically assumed!!

Brobe - I feel for your family and please don't let these idiots making hateful comments bring you and your family down. Keep your head up and this was a tragic accident!

Little Elm, TX

#39 Oct 20, 2008
The grandmother stated on the news that he has been staying with her the majority of the time since he was 6 months old. Parents too busy somewhere else I guess.

#40 Oct 22, 2008
My symapthy and empathy go out to the family and the community, this was a tragic loss as all senseless killings are. I pray for Peace...

Arlington, TX

#41 Oct 22, 2008
lac wrote:
gangs and drugs ? I never saw any mention of race in the first comment. there's plenty of white kids in gangs and doing drugs.
White kids in gangs? now that's funny.. maybe drugs.. and wanna be gangsters.. LOL..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lancaster Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Glenn Heights Water Bills- (Apr '07) Nov 20 Calling Channel 4 28
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Nov 19 Video farts 835
Garage Sale !!! Nov 3 Joyce Levell 1
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Oct '15 Strike farts 989
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Texas (Dis... (Oct '10) Sep '15 Jim 18
News For Steven Taylor and Janine Johnson (Mar '09) Sep '15 Ambermac 10
two double murders go unsolved (Jan '11) Sep '15 Ambermac 15
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lancaster Mortgages