14-Year-Old Boy Killed In Double Shooting

Full story: NBC 5i Dallas/Fort Worth

A 14-year-old was killed and another teenager was hospitalized after a double shooting in a south Dallas County suburb Saturday night.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of117
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
buddy b

Carrollton, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2008

Gangs and drugs, when will parents start controlling there kids and teaching them some core values, I guess when the parents develop some core values
brobe

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2008

The young man who was killed was my young cousin. What you should know is that not every african american male thatís killed under these and similar circumstances is always involved with gangs and drugs, and Nicholas certainly was NOT. Nicholas was a very good young man, he was not involved with any sort of gang or drug activity. He was simply at a party at someoneís house at what turned out to be the wrong time. What we know so far is that it was a random shooting, and he was one of the two innocent people that were shot. Its easy for someone to make a comment such as yours when you donít have all the details. As I type this my wife and I are on our way out of the door to console the rest of our family, which includes his two grandmothers and his 80 year old great-grandmother, who all loved him dearly and were very proud of him. We will all miss Nicholas, and it doesnít help our grief at all to have to deal with snide comments that are made because of ignorance of the true facts and racial profiling.
txstoney

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2008

no one said anything about african american males until u did brobe.
its u that is profiling.
buddy b

Carrollton, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2008

to txstoney: you got that right, he definitely brought it up, gives us more ammunition, if he doesn't like what someones opinion is, he is welcome to leave
buddy b

Carrollton, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2008

maybe the young man "i4 years old" should have picked the people he hung out with a little more carefully
happy medium

Flower Mound, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2008

Judged:

Yeah you notice 'brobe' said nothing about consoling the 14 yr old's MOM or DAD, they are going to console grandparents. Perhaps mom & dad (if there is a dad) are also druggies or gangbangers or parolees. A noraml 14 yr old would not be in a position to be shot in a drive by. He was in a bad neighbothood where he shouldn't have been and his family allowed it. People, you got to start taking care of your kids!!!!!
Erica B

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2008

This is a bad & sad situation but as i read the comments it's sad how we can point the fingers at someone and reality it's a message than anything...I am a mother of 3 and the worst thing anyone would want to hear that our loved one has been killed...Yes it do start with us as parents and leaders in the community of our childen (takes a village). but none of us have all the answers so with that being Ww going to pray for the family that endures the lost of this child...it could happen to anyone/anyplace at the wrong place at the wrong time....God just have mercy on me and u both at this moment but the next minute is not promised to us...

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2008

Of course he was a "good boy". Everyone, including family, is quick to comment about things they nothing about. You donít know what your cousin is when youíre not around. Is the shooter's family saying what a great child he was too? I donít buy this innocent bystander picture you paint of him. Believe it or not, bad people shoot other bad people for whatever stupid reason. The real innocent victims are very far and few between.
brobe

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2008

Judged:

buddy b wrote:
Gangs and drugs....
I did mention that he was an african american male, because he was. He was also a smart, funny good kid who got good grades and did not belong to a gang or sell drugs. He was attending a birthday party for his 14 year old friend, and the party was crashed by two older teens wearing masks, who started shooting into the crowd of kids. The shooting took place at 10:30 pm, and none of the children who were actually invited to the birthday party, including my cousin, did any shooting. My innocent cousin was one of 2 kids who were shot. The other young man is alive, Nicholas is dead. Neither deserved to be shot, neither was doing anything to harm anyone else. Nicholas was running from the gunshots and got shot in the back. He wasn't doing drugs or being a part of gang. He also has both a mom and dad who raised him together, as well as 2 grandmothers and 1 great-grandmother. He was a good boy with good grades who also ran track for his school. It literally made me feel ill to read some of the obnoxious comments that were made.

EricaB, thank you very much for your kind comments. You sound like a decent human being instead of a hateful type of person that automatically assumes that a kid who gets shot must have been running with with gangs and dealing drugs, or has bad parents.
lac

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2008

brobe wrote:
<quoted text>
It literally made me feel ill to read some of the obnoxious comments that were made.
I don't think race is even an issue in this. A good kid got shot. Sorry for your families loss. How come you yourself pulled out the race card. It's almost like your saying, let the games begin whitey. The race card is often brought up so blacks can have a reason to be angry and oppressed. Some people are their own worst enemy.
Negro Ned

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2008

Another young brother that was a victim of the man.

We need Barrack Obama in the white house.
happy medium

Flower Mound, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2008

Judged:

I wonder why those teens came to the house shooting. How did they know there was a birthday party going on? I feel bad for the innocent 14 yr old but something's fishy here.
brobe

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2008

What I'd like to know is why the first comment mention gangs and drugs? What was behind that statement, and where did the assumption come from that gangs and drugs were involved in the first place?

Write the answer to that question on your "race card".
lac

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2008

gangs and drugs ? I never saw any mention of race in the first comment. there's plenty of white kids in gangs and doing drugs.
brobe

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2008

The party took place in Lancaster, TX. That information is a part of the news story. The first comment mentioned "gangs and drugs".

'buddy b' wrote the first comment from Plano, TX, which is a suburb of Dallas just like Lancaster, TX is. I don't expect anyone outside of the Dallas metropolitan area to know this, but the suburb of Lancaster, TX has a high ratio of african americans living there.

People in the Dallas metropolitan area are familiar with the demographics in the many Dallas suburbs, and are well aware that some suburbs have more of one type of demographic than another.

So I ask again, exactly why did 'buddy b' mention gangs and drugs in his first comment? What is the reason for that term being used in the first place? I have yet to see the explanation for that.
Interesting

Aubrey, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2008

Apparently some of the kids at the party started texting the kids that eventually showed up, that's how it got started and in fact it was just on the news also.
happy medium

Flower Mound, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2008

Judged:

brobe wrote:
The party took place in Lancaster, TX. That information is a part of the news story. The first comment mentioned "gangs and drugs".
'buddy b' wrote the first comment from Plano, TX, which is a suburb of Dallas just like Lancaster, TX is. I don't expect anyone outside of the Dallas metropolitan area to know this, but the suburb of Lancaster, TX has a high ratio of african americans living there.
People in the Dallas metropolitan area are familiar with the demographics in the many Dallas suburbs, and are well aware that some suburbs have more of one type of demographic than another.
So I ask again, exactly why did 'buddy b' mention gangs and drugs in his first comment? What is the reason for that term being used in the first place? I have yet to see the explanation for that.
Well it's an issue nobody wants to talk about because it's not politically correct. Places with a high population of blacks have a much higher crime rate and drug/gang issues. Not being racist, it's just true.
happy medium

Flower Mound, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2008

Negro Ned wrote:
How would he help? Will blacks suddenly stop committing crimes if Obama is elected?
dave

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2008

Negro Ned wrote:
what the heck does Obama have to do with this???
Danesha

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2008

i just wanna say rest in peace to my friend nicholes and you will b missed but never forgotten..

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of117
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Lancaster News Video

•••
•••

Lancaster Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Lancaster People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE