'Breaking Amish' paves way for new the Amish reality show 'Amish Mafia'

Nov 11, 2012 Full story: Examiner.com

The Discovery Channel is following the example their sister station set with their alleged reality show " Breaking Amish " with an Amish docu-series of their own, "Amish Mafia." The report was updated on Nov.

Full Story
melissa

Siloam Springs, AR

#1 Nov 12, 2012
if your inny MAFIA arent yo suppose to keep a low profile ...jus saying
melissa

Siloam Springs, AR

#2 Nov 12, 2012
it was suppose to read IF YOUR IN ANY MAFIA ARENT YOU SUPPOSE TO KEEP A LOW PROFILE ..dang keyboard
just wondering

Salyersville, KY

#3 Dec 12, 2012
i myself think both shows are a bunch of bullshit and the so called wanna be actors suck they need to keep thier dayjob if they have any caus they seem to be pretty stupid
arkansan

Jonesboro, AR

#4 Dec 16, 2012
I do not understand these so called "Amish" people on the reality shows. Isn't the whole point to live a simple, wholesome life in order to be closer to God? Nobody starring in Breaking Amish or Amish Mafia ever really talk about God. They just say, "Oh, you can't do that or you'll be shunned!" If you are shunned, does that mean you're also going to hell? And if the characters don't believe in an eternal afterlife, why do they continue to live that lifestyle? I guess you could say they want to be with family, but I imagine if their folks are upset about them living "English" they would be furious over them going on TV, misrepresenting their religion, and throwing friends and family under the bus... or buggy. The people on Amish Mafia are the worst though. WWJD? Probably not use blackmail to keep their weird little world sacred.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lancaster Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
PA Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) 6 hr Scapegoat 51,531
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) Tue Skip Intel - Blam... 4,021
PA Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in P... (Oct '10) Sep 29 R Nixon 186
Man Guilty Of Beating Wife With Wooden Paddle F... (Oct '13) Sep 28 lady 11
clean Sep 6 silent 4
Debate: Marijuana - Lancaster, PA (Aug '10) Sep 4 Jason 139
Lets talk about Dart Container (Feb '14) Sep 3 dart sucks employee 2
Lancaster Dating
Find my Match

Lancaster Jobs

Lancaster People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Lancaster News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Lancaster

Personal Finance