Pit bull that attacked twice had been...

Pit bull that attacked twice had been given cocaine, prosecutor say...

There are 32 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from Jul 23, 2010, titled Pit bull that attacked twice had been given cocaine, prosecutor say.... In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

A man indicted yesterday for felonious assault in two attacks by his pit bull also faces an animal-cruelty charge because authorities say he drugged the dog with cocaine.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Feb 10

Columbus, OH

#1 Jul 23, 2010
The owner, Chuck Zilich, said he used his dog's leash to choke the pit bull and tie it up until animal-control officers arrived.

He's a braver man than I. Moore seems like a true scumbag.
Jon H

Columbus, OH

#2 Jul 23, 2010
Oh come on, like who hasn't given their dog coke from time to time.
Enough of this crap

Columbus, OH

#3 Jul 23, 2010
How about euthanizing the morons who are responsible for all this hurt and viciousness? It doesn't sound like Moore will ever be a positive contributing member of society....time to clean house. A-hole.

“So far left, I'm right”

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#4 Jul 23, 2010
who wastes coke on a pit bull?
okay

Hyattsville, MD

#7 Jul 23, 2010
There is a special place reserved in Hell for people who exploit defenseless animals for their personal gutter snipe pleasure.

These two are pondscum and should be eradicated permanently from society.
NovMom2010

Redmond, WA

#8 Jul 23, 2010
charlie wrote:
This is the most exaggerated fabrication ever!!! I don't know what cocaine costs but it used to be $100 gram. It's addictive too so to think some addict is going to give his dog cocaine is highly unlikely. People do all kinds of bad things to get themselves these drugs. To think they'd waste expensive drugs on a dog is laughable.
It's not considered a waste if your dog wins a fight and you walk away with many times more than that. I don't think people realize how serious underground dog fighting really is.

What makes me sad is the public outcry against the dogs when this is just more proof that the OWNERS are at fault. Outlaw pit bulls and these a$$holes will turn to another breed to fight. I agree with the above poster who said we should put THESE guys down.
Firey Buddha

Columbus, OH

#9 Jul 23, 2010
that SUX. people who are cruel to any animals, but particularly domestic pets, will hopefully face a pretty nasty version of hell. again, that SUX.

a friend of mine has an american staffordshire terrier, or a breed that can be confused w/pit bull (pit bulls aren't just one breed, for those that don't know that). people cross the street to get away from her, but she's one of the best tempered, smartest dogs i've ever known. when i hug her and she lays her head against my cheek and growls her happy growl, i wonder how anyone could hurt such creatures. they only become what we make them.
Luke Thomas

United States

#10 Jul 23, 2010
Most people who keep pit bulls is either for dog fighting or they like them MEAN because it's "macho". That's why we need to ban the breed and pit bull mixes too.
Luke Thomas

United States

#11 Jul 23, 2010
hodge_podge wrote:
who wastes coke on a pit bull?
DOG FIGHTERS routinely give pit bulls cocaine or speed to make them fight better. Dog fighting is a national epidemic far worse than the narcotic rings. That's why the government needs to ban the breed. Seriously.
Firey Buddha

Columbus, OH

#12 Jul 23, 2010
charlie wrote:
This is the most exaggerated fabrication ever!!! I don't know what cocaine costs but it used to be $100 gram. It's addictive too so to think some addict is going to give his dog cocaine is highly unlikely. People do all kinds of bad things to get themselves these drugs. To think they'd waste expensive drugs on a dog is laughable.
Charlie, my friend, methinks it is YOU who is laughable. I'm assuming this was written totally in jest, because it is very difficult to believe anyone would actually say such a laughable thing in any serious way.
Yeah right

Zanesville, OH

#13 Jul 23, 2010
Now that's what I call a waste of coke.

Sounds more like the dog needed a Valium.
kissin an tellin

Reynoldsburg, OH

#14 Jul 23, 2010
Why, just why aren't these animals banned from the city limits, and I mean the pit bulls not these two idiots. Why are you not permitted to have a chicken within the city limts, but you are allowed to own one of these dogs???
City Attorney, show some leadership and call for council to ban these dogs before we have a child killed or injured in a more serious condition than this child was.
Thugs, idiots & lil' gangster wanna be's are the only idiots who see fit to own this breed of dog. Tax them to death for it, or just ban them outright. As for the Tax, it would the most these folks ever contributed to our society anyway, perhaps that's the approach.
Nonetheless, git rid of this breed of dog NOW!!!
kissin an tellin

Reynoldsburg, OH

#15 Jul 23, 2010
Firey Buddha wrote:
that SUX. people who are cruel to any animals, but particularly domestic pets, will hopefully face a pretty nasty version of hell. again, that SUX.
a friend of mine has an american staffordshire terrier, or a breed that can be confused w/pit bull (pit bulls aren't just one breed, for those that don't know that). people cross the street to get away from her, but she's one of the best tempered, smartest dogs i've ever known. when i hug her and she lays her head against my cheek and growls her happy growl, i wonder how anyone could hurt such creatures. they only become what we make them.
This is a truck load of BS BS BS BS BS BS BS, a horse by any other name is still a horse. Titles and fancy breed names are not cutting it anymore. When the snout of the dog is as broad as its shoulders, it needs to go, regardless of it's color, size or, as this guy would have you believe, the name of the breed.
The ol' response of, "my pit bull is the most gentle, kind, sweet loving dog I've ever owned" is and will continue to be the biggest line of BS around.
These dogs are able to tear a tire in two, don't buy that argument for a minute!
Listen to Bill Hicks

Columbus, OH

#17 Jul 23, 2010
I'm for using stimulus money to build more prisons to keep more people like this behind bars for longer.
westside

Zanesville, OH

#18 Jul 23, 2010
who give's a darn about dog fighting and so what? this idiot is a piece of sh*t what about the kid that got attacked ? this world is no good on what everyone else makes up their mind. be yourself and respect your people ...the westside is a bunch of thief's and drug head's,,,get a life bummmmmssssss.!!!!!
SekhmetsatRa

Westerville, OH

#19 Jul 23, 2010
There's a lot of dogs with heads equal to their shoulders(or larger) including Labradors and St Bernards. Should we ban them too? It IS NOT THE DOGS, it is the stupid HUMANS( if you want to call them that) who own them that cause the misery. We will NEVER cure the problem if we don't address the root, THE BAD OWNER.

Since: Jun 10

Columbus, OH

#20 Jul 23, 2010
kissin an tellin wrote:
Why, just why aren't these animals banned from the city limits, and I mean the pit bulls not these two idiots. Why are you not permitted to have a chicken within the city limts, but you are allowed to own one of these dogs???
City Attorney, show some leadership and call for council to ban these dogs before we have a child killed or injured in a more serious condition than this child was.
Thugs, idiots & lil' gangster wanna be's are the only idiots who see fit to own this breed of dog. Tax them to death for it, or just ban them outright. As for the Tax, it would the most these folks ever contributed to our society anyway, perhaps that's the approach.
Nonetheless, git rid of this breed of dog NOW!!!
You are an ignorant fool. Pit bulls are one of the best breeds out there. They are incredibly smart and only want to please their owners. That's why they are used in dog fighting--because they are trained that what they are doing is pleasing their human. Do some research before you open your big mouth.

Columbus, OH

#21 Jul 23, 2010
Luke Thomas wrote:
Most people who keep pit bulls is either for dog fighting or they like them MEAN because it's "macho". That's why we need to ban the breed and pit bull mixes too.
You are an ignorant fool. Pit bulls are one of the best breeds out there. They are incredibly smart and only want to please their owners. That's why they are used in dog fighting--because they are trained that what they are doing is pleasing their human. Do some research before you open your big mouth.

Columbus, OH

#22 Jul 23, 2010
kissin an tellin wrote:
<quoted text>
This is a truck load of BS BS BS BS BS BS BS, a horse by any other name is still a horse. Titles and fancy breed names are not cutting it anymore. When the snout of the dog is as broad as its shoulders, it needs to go, regardless of it's color, size or, as this guy would have you believe, the name of the breed.
The ol' response of, "my pit bull is the most gentle, kind, sweet loving dog I've ever owned" is and will continue to be the biggest line of BS around.
These dogs are able to tear a tire in two, don't buy that argument for a minute!
Hahaha are you kidding me? Now where did you come up with this snout/shoulder dimension thing? Your attitude and ignorance is what perpetuates the misconception that pit bulls are dangerous by nature. I pity your stupidity. How do you find your way home after a long walk?
Big Johnson

Columbus, OH

#23 Jul 23, 2010
Pit bulls and cocaine! Brilliant! Why didn't I think of that?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lancaster Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Federal lands in America 2 min Duke for Mayor 24
Drumpf: Narcissistic Welfare King 7 min Duke for Mayor 11
SCOTUS ruling in AHCA 28 min Reality Speaks 62
News Ward system reduces representation 48 min Contrarian 1
News City manager fired in parking bureau timecard p... 51 min Contrarian 1
News Ikea starts work on Polaris-area store, due to ... 53 min Contrarian 1
State Department Hillary Email Smokescreen-CYA. 2 hr d pants 4
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lancaster Mortgages