KY State Representative's race

Posted in the Lancaster Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Inside scoop

Berea, KY

#1 Jul 25, 2012
There's an interesting political race heating up in Garrard and Madison counties. Lonnie Napier has retired and two candidates are running for his seat, democrat Bud Montgomery and Republican Jonathan Shell. Both are pro-life, pro-gun, pro man-woman marriage, devout church goin' guys. Montgomery is president of the Berea Chamber of Commerce, 12 year decorated military career, owner of Montgomery Farm Store. Shell is 24 years old and has worked on his father's farm for two years since leaving school. What do you think of this race?
Come on Now

Lexington, KY

#2 Jul 25, 2012
I think you should just quit beating around the bush and go on and say that you don't think the "kid" has enough age or experience to be qualified for the position.
popay

Lexington, KY

#3 Jul 25, 2012
Inside scoop wrote:
There's an interesting political race heating up in Garrard and Madison counties. Lonnie Napier has retired and two candidates are running for his seat, democrat Bud Montgomery and Republican Jonathan Shell. Both are pro-life, pro-gun, pro man-woman marriage, devout church goin' guys. Montgomery is president of the Berea Chamber of Commerce, 12 year decorated military career, owner of Montgomery Farm Store. Shell is 24 years old and has worked on his father's farm for two years since leaving school. What do you think of this race?
Tell us more about his decorated military career.
hello

Lexington, KY

#4 Jul 25, 2012
This is Bullshit excuse my french to the children on here . Jonathan will do a fine job for Garrard Co get to know him ,he is always helping out with projects involving young people and poor people like me .
Assurance

Berea, KY

#5 Jul 25, 2012
Come on Now wrote:
I think you should just quit beating around the bush and go on and say that you don't think the "kid" has enough age or experience to be qualified for the position.
Hey, Age doesn't matter,,younger ,better qualified, with college and expereience in business,---Bud Montogomery works for his Parents at Mongomerys Farm & Garden and has worked for the City of Berea for few years and then got on the Chamber of Commerce last year..No experience of College at all...So Please check out for yourself. and not hear say....Danny Ford was 25 Yrs when he got Re presentatived in Rockcastle Cty and done a fine job for 25 Years...Lonnie Napier was in his early 40's no College and experience at all and has done a fine job...so we can't look at age at all.
cat man

Fitzgerald, GA

#6 Jul 26, 2012
Montgomery has children shell none.
Get your facts

United States

#7 Jul 28, 2012
Assurance wrote:
<quoted text> Hey, Age doesn't matter,,younger ,better qualified, with college and expereience in business,---Bud Montogomery works for his Parents at Mongomerys Farm & Garden and has worked for the City of Berea for few years and then got on the Chamber of Commerce last year..No experience of College at all...So Please check out for yourself. and not hear say....Danny Ford was 25 Yrs when he got Re presentatived in Rockcastle Cty and done a fine job for 25 Years...Lonnie Napier was in his early 40's no College and experience at all and has done a fine job...so we can't look at age at all.
Get your facts straight before speaking. He is co-owner with his family and he has never worked for the city and has been on the chamber since 2005. You abviously don't know this family like I do. I have never seen Jonathan out doing anything in the community. I am Garrard county and I will not support Jonathan for the simple fact that he sends everybody else out to do his campaigning for him. What is he going to do for me in Frankfort when he doesn't do it now. Good kid or not he isn't right for Frankfort.
Get your facts

United States

#8 Jul 28, 2012
Assurance wrote:
<quoted text> Hey, Age doesn't matter,,younger ,better qualified, with college and expereience in business,---Bud Montogomery works for his Parents at Mongomerys Farm & Garden and has worked for the City of Berea for few years and then got on the Chamber of Commerce last year..No experience of College at all...So Please check out for yourself. and not hear say....Danny Ford was 25 Yrs when he got Re presentatived in Rockcastle Cty and done a fine job for 25 Years...Lonnie Napier was in his early 40's no College and experience at all and has done a fine job...so we can't look at age at all.
Danny Ford was 30.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#9 Jul 28, 2012
Get your facts wrote:
<quoted text>Get your facts straight before speaking. He is co-owner with his family and he has never worked for the city and has been on the chamber since 2005. You abviously don't know this family like I do. I have never seen Jonathan out doing anything in the community. I am Garrard county and I will not support Jonathan for the simple fact that he sends everybody else out to do his campaigning for him. What is he going to do for me in Frankfort when he doesn't do it now. Good kid or not he isn't right for Frankfort.
I have to agree with you. I believe he is a good boy, but i believe he is bashful or something. He didn't even take the time to campaign he sent his wife out. he is totally wrong for the job..
roadrally

Berea, KY

#10 Jul 31, 2012
I managed a CarQuest store for six years. Bud Montgomery was my boss. He was the manager of all fifteen stores in Central Kentucky. He was the only employer I've ever had that encouraged his employees instead of criticizing them. I hope he gets elected.
Jimmy

Frankfort, KY

#11 Sep 26, 2012
Shell wants people to think he has a baby. He does not he thinks this will help his win.
Voter

Lexington, KY

#12 Oct 4, 2012
Get your facts wrote:
<quoted text>Get your facts straight before speaking. He is co-owner with his family and he has never worked for the city and has been on the chamber since 2005. You abviously don't know this family like I do. I have never seen Jonathan out doing anything in the community. I am Garrard county and I will not support Jonathan for the simple fact that he sends everybody else out to do his campaigning for him. What is he going to do for me in Frankfort when he doesn't do it now. Good kid or not he isn't right for Frankfort.
Jonathan was out campaigning everyday he also had help from many people. It takes more then one person to knock on 7,000 doors in 3 months. If he didn't knock on your door or call you someone from his campaign did.
Right

Lexington, KY

#13 Oct 5, 2012
One thing...Jonathan Shell is not bashful! He has my vote! He will do a fine job!
Hello

Lexington, KY

#14 Oct 7, 2012
Right wrote:
One thing...Jonathan Shell is not bashful! He has my vote! He will do a fine job!
what does not being bashful have to do with being a good representative? wake up and smell the coffee. they would laugh that kid out of Frankfort.
sick

Danville, KY

#15 Oct 7, 2012
Go Jonathan; you are a good Christian man! I hope you win!
Golden Rule

Lexington, KY

#16 Oct 9, 2012
popay wrote:
<quoted text>I have to agree with you. I believe he is a good boy, but i believe he is bashful or something. He didn't even take the time to campaign he sent his wife out. he is totally wrong for the job..
You sure like to talk about things you haven't a clue about. Do you enjoy trying to do harm to others? I would bet that if you had enough guts to let us know who you are, you'd be the most pathetic of all.
popay

Lexington, KY

#17 Oct 9, 2012
Golden Rule wrote:
<quoted text>
You sure like to talk about things you haven't a clue about. Do you enjoy trying to do harm to others? I would bet that if you had enough guts to let us know who you are, you'd be the most pathetic of all.
what has your feathers all ruffeled ?
Golden Rule

Lexington, KY

#18 Oct 10, 2012
popay wrote:
<quoted text>what has your feathers all ruffeled ?
If you don't know then you have more issues than I thought...

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#19 Oct 10, 2012
Golden Rule wrote:
<quoted text>
If you don't know then you have more issues than I thought...
With a name like Golden Rule I can tell that you think your the only one who is right. Maybe you should change your name to GOD.
Berea Boy

Russellville, OH

#20 Oct 10, 2012
Mongomery may not be like the other 'democrats' but we have seen time and time again when a democrat says they stand for values,get elected, and when a values vote comes around,they vote against it.

When asked about their vote,they have the excuse that "it isnt my place to tell others what to do".

That is a cop out,when elected,they vote all the time and in doing so,tell everyone what to do.

I plan on voting for Shell and I am a lifelong Berean.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lancaster Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 33 min Pikeville Parent 163,820
Handicap parking abuse 3 hr Goober 16
I'll never forget you 4 hr Forever in My Heart 1
Looking for brown hair girl Apr 28 Coolman2017 1
kkk in cartersville (Aug '11) Apr 28 Martin garey 16
Easiest piece in Garrard County Apr 27 HeHeHe 2
I'm retiring from Topix ..... Apr 26 One who knows 3

Lancaster Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lancaster Mortgages