UPDATED: Garrard Fiscal Court fails t...

UPDATED: Garrard Fiscal Court fails to pass first reading of budget

There are 26 comments on the The Advocate Online story from Jun 5, 2012, titled UPDATED: Garrard Fiscal Court fails to pass first reading of budget. In it, The Advocate Online reports that:

Garrard County Fiscal Court voted 3-2 Tuesday to reject the first reading of a revised 2012-13 county budget, for the second time in less than a month citing concerns about the salary of Garrard County Economic Development Director Nathan Mick.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Advocate Online.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Wondering

Boynton Beach, FL

#1 Jun 6, 2012
It looks like it is time for wilson and now Ronnie Lane to pack their bags. It is clear that Garrard Countians have been taken advantage for too long. Horray for the magistrates and council members to finally stand up. I am in favor of any one of these people to be our judge. Wilson clearly is motivated by his own personal interests. Here is another question: why do we need a deputy judge?
tuesday

Warner Robins, GA

#2 Jun 6, 2012
Why is Fred Simpsoms wife on the tax payers payrol and Fred being court member dont pass the smell test.
Informed Citizen

Forsan, TX

#3 Jun 6, 2012
The Deputy Judge Executive is a statutory office and he is paid $1850.00 to fulfill the duties of that office. Sounds like a good deal to me.
Farmer Dale

Lexington, KY

#4 Jun 6, 2012
I don't work with Nathan Mick,so I don't know if he is worth what he makes. It seems funny the fiscal court did not worry about his salary until he run for state rep.If Joe Leavel does not read the county budget,HE is getting paid too much!

Since: Jun 10

Lexington, KY

#5 Jun 6, 2012
anyone know when Wilson's term is up?
Wednesday

Lexington, KY

#6 Jun 6, 2012
Just amazes me how Wilson is so concerned about his friends salary, that he won't let the magistrates pass a budget. The vote is 3-2 and he votes to block it???? They offered to give Mick 50,000 and let him work for the Industrial Development Board. Sounds like a pretty good deal to me. I bet there are lots of people who would like to have the job for that. The magistrates never voted on all those raises he got. Times are hard for lots of people right now. That is a lot of money.
Money

Lexington, KY

#7 Jun 6, 2012
Yeah and that woman that answers the phone makes $45,000. Must be nice.
Garrard Statistics

Nicholasville, KY

#8 Jun 6, 2012
With the median income per household at $34,284 and per capita at $16,915 or 14.70 % of the population under the poverty level.... just what are the significant achievments of the Industrial Development Board over the last 20 years? or why should Mick or whomever fills that position earn twice as much as the average household with multiple breadwinners ?

They surely cannot point to the closing of the Cowden plant, or the Stockyards, or the fact there is no viable option for a grocery and call that progress.
sad

Lexington, KY

#9 Jun 6, 2012
Now Wilson is slamming the magistrates in the paper..so sad. How dare they question him.
Shopper

Boynton Beach, FL

#10 Jun 7, 2012
This wilson guy is an outsider with only one agenda-glorify himself and all the others he and napier brought in here. He really is showing his true colors. Also, Lane is not too smart and can be easily influenced (hey i have some ocean front property). Just a few months ago and I can't believe that he was in favor of merging city-county governments. What a disaster that would be for the county. Well, The "best thing to waking up" is knowing that change is occurring in GC and next it will be Wilson and maybe Lane and atkinson. We are going watch and see how they handle this situation. I don't believe that Lane can shut his mouth and I don't believe he will vote against his bed buddy wilson. Again, they are not listening to the people.
Huh

United States

#11 Jun 7, 2012
If no one in the county who is paid with taxpayer dollars should make more than the $34,000 average per household wage, then I guess you believe we should lay off every single school teacher, administrator, state road engineers, extension office staff, health department staff, etc. Do you really want someone designing bridges and overpasses to not have a college degree and work for minimum wage? Get real. The real issue here is jealousy. Some people in this county are jealous that some other people have worked hard, gone to school, and made a living for themselves. This kind of crap from uniformed, eneducated rednecks is why this county is in the shape its in. I've lived here my whole life and watched this crap over and over. I'm ashamed that people in my birthplace and home act this way.

I also don't know who Atkinson is. There is no magistrate named Atkinson.
Problems

Berea, KY

#12 Jun 7, 2012
paintedgirl wrote:
anyone know when Wilson's term is up?
It looks to me like, Lancaster has a click in the court house, who thinks they are the only qualified people there is: Is there no one else in Garrard cty, have an education,,,,Sorry you folks have to bring outsiders in to run the show..Just heard some months ago the Patti A Clay Clinic had to close,,,,and today heard the office was closing that tries so hard to help many people get their GED. What is wrong with Mick that Jobs are leaving the county...
Interesting

United States

#13 Jun 7, 2012
Problems wrote:
<quoted text>It looks to me like, Lancaster has a click in the court house, who thinks they are the only qualified people there is: Is there no one else in Garrard cty, have an education,,,,Sorry you folks have to bring outsiders in to run the show..Just heard some months ago the Patti A Clay Clinic had to close,,,,and today heard the office was closing that tries so hard to help many people get their GED. What is wrong with Mick that Jobs are leaving the county...
Interesting that your post shows up as Berea and I've heard more than one member of the Day family use the term "click". I know one thing, none of the Days will ever get my family's votes. You can take that to the bank. Speaking of the Day family, how about that big $79,000 salary that Kay makes. That woman is dumber than owl shit.
say what

Lexington, KY

#14 Jun 8, 2012
Huh wrote:
If no one in the county who is paid with taxpayer dollars should make more than the $34,000 average per household wage, then I guess you believe we should lay off every single school teacher, administrator, state road engineers, extension office staff, health department staff, etc. Do you really want someone designing bridges and overpasses to not have a college degree and work for minimum wage? Get real. The real issue here is jealousy. Some people in this county are jealous that some other people have worked hard, gone to school, and made a living for themselves. This kind of crap from uniformed, eneducated rednecks is why this county is in the shape its in. I've lived here my whole life and watched this crap over and over. I'm ashamed that people in my birthplace and home act this way.
I also don't know who Atkinson is. There is no magistrate named Atkinson.
Maybe you need to go back to school & learn how to spell 'uneducated'. And do your research while you're at it- there is a magistrate named Doan Adkison. Yes, it's embarrassing that people like you, who are from here, act like this.
Truthfully

United States

#15 Jun 8, 2012
say what wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you need to go back to school & learn how to spell 'uneducated'. And do your research while you're at it- there is a magistrate named Doan Adkison. Yes, it's embarrassing that people like you, who are from here, act like this.
What is a uniformed eneducated redneck? LOL
troothfooly

Somerset, KY

#16 Jun 9, 2012
folks I just want to know how you get high in this town I haerd u kan, i jus smoked 4 joints and I went to hamburger hut and they didn't have dope on menue i heard yea can git high roundt here!
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#17 Jun 9, 2012
Head to the woods in early morning hours and see the sun coming over the hills shining on the overnight dew and fog, listen to the birds awakening, watch the other animal life scurrying about for breakfast.

Then you can get HIGH on life and it is the best HIGH ever and you can put whatever ails you on the back burner and make all those troubles (that you think you need dope for to overshadow them) seem very trivial.
thanks

Somerset, KY

#18 Jun 9, 2012
A nice comment from a very enlightful gentleman I'm sure. Not many left sir.
Huh

United States

#19 Jun 10, 2012
say what wrote:
<quoted text>
Typos are one thing. Being completely and totally ignorant is quite another. After watching all the positive things going on in the county the last 10 or so years, I had hoped that the B.S. from the same old ragtag naysayers had ceased for good. I see now that I was wrong. No wonder so many of our youngsters leave after high school.

Yes, you are right, there is a magistrate named Doan Adkison, not Atkinson. I was trying to point out that some people in this county like to run their mouths about anything and everything when they don't even know the names of the people in office.
LOL

Lexington, KY

#20 Jun 10, 2012
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
Typos are one thing. Being completely and totally ignorant is quite another. After watching all the positive things going on in the county the last 10 or so years, I had hoped that the B.S. from the same old ragtag naysayers had ceased for good. I see now that I was wrong. No wonder so many of our youngsters leave after high school.
Yes, you are right, there is a magistrate named Doan Adkison, not Atkinson. I was trying to point out that some people in this county like to run their mouths about anything and everything when they don't even know the names of the people in office.
Huh..........I am confused what positive/good things have went on in the county besides the Liquor vote?? lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lancaster Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
homosexuals (Apr '12) 11 hr Not today Satan 10
Social workers of Garrard county (Jun '17) 11 hr xvs 26
You know who you are Jan 18 New friend 2
Crystal Luttrell Jan 18 Justin Time 1
Matt hume Jan 17 Whitney 2
Snitch Jan 15 Been rated on my ... 11
You got the look Jan 15 Outahere 2

Lancaster Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance