Garrard Fiscal Court rejects health t...

Garrard Fiscal Court rejects health tax increase again

Posted in the Lancaster Forum

really

Lexington, KY

#1 Sep 22, 2012
$11.8 million judicial center.

The court’s vote did approve a bidding process for other renovations to the courthouse itself, including an expansion of the county-clerk office space and relocation of the Sheriff’s Department office.

The cost of the renovations is estimated at $50,000 to $70,000.
They need nice offices.

Everyone hates tax.
Sad as hell what our government see as tax worthy.
Spanky

Nicholasville, KY

#2 Sep 22, 2012
really wrote:
$11.8 million judicial center.
The court’s vote did approve a bidding process for other renovations to the courthouse itself, including an expansion of the county-clerk office space and relocation of the Sheriff’s Department office.
The cost of the renovations is estimated at $50,000 to $70,000.
They need nice offices.
Everyone hates tax.
Sad as hell what our government see as tax worthy.
I dont think it works that way , they have to attach a tax for the Health Dept like they do the Schools .You cant just say "hay Health Dept here is $70,000 do what you need to do.And why do they need to have such a big Health Dept? The old one worked just fine. You give them a tax increse and they will be back in a year wanting more money just like the schools.
really

Lexington, KY

#3 Sep 22, 2012
"You give them a tax increse and they will be back in a year wanting more money just like the schools"

Marcia Hodge, director of the health department, pleaded with magistrates for the second time this week to increase the tax rate by .25 of a cent. She pointed out that a health tax increase had not been imposed since 1997, though neighboring counties such as Boyle and Jessamine have increased its health tax rates several times.
Spanky

Nicholasville, KY

#4 Sep 22, 2012
About all they do up there is hand out condoms and birth control pills . You can go out to Rite Aid and get a flue shot. They dont need any money .. this county is taxed to death the way it is.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lancaster Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
guy named kenny wade morgan 2 min jess 1
Chris Day 4 hr Just Wondering 5
Hubble Park Thu username a ho 7
Dirty Wed fishy 5
I know million park Wed I know 1
happy birthday peyton dexter padgett Wed username 2
Who is ' Cash ' ? (Oct '15) Jul 14 Jason 5

Lancaster Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance