Garrard County magistrates question director's salary

May 16, 2012 Full story: The Advocate Online 14

Garrard CountyFiscalCourt shot down the county's proposed 2012-13 budget 3-2 on Monday after several magistrates raised questions about the salary of county Economic Development Director Nathan Mick.

Read more
I know the game

United States

#1 May 17, 2012
For once, we had someone question what is going on in the court house. I bet you can find more interesting stuff. I say wilson and mick both need to go. We have paid mick 68000 to campaign on taxpayer's dime. Wilson sure knows how to lie to the people about mick making a 8 million investment and how he turned down a job on Rockcastle. All not true. Get rid of these con artists and jerks. Also very interesting that wilson would be worried about mick campaign and not the best interests of all the people
DonkaDonkDonk

Richmond, KY

#2 May 17, 2012
I know the game wrote:
For once, we had someone question what is going on in the court house. I bet you can find more interesting stuff. I say wilson and mick both need to go. We have paid mick 68000 to campaign on taxpayer's dime. Wilson sure knows how to lie to the people about mick making a 8 million investment and how he turned down a job on Rockcastle. All not true. Get rid of these con artists and jerks. Also very interesting that wilson would be worried about mick campaign and not the best interests of all the people
Yep, get rid of both these losers! Both are NOT from Garrard... So we been paying this Nebraskan almost 70k per year for how many years now with NOTHING TO SHOW FOR!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, maybe he can get some rinky dink redneck mom and pop business to start up, but come on... this isnt Lexington or Louisville.... he hasnt brought shit to this county in all these years he has been here..

All he does is travel the nation job shopping.... NOT to bring business here.

So he wants to make 70k a year AND become our State Rep???? I DONT THINK SO! He doesnt need to make 100k doing SHIT off our taxpayers dollars!!!

Since: Jun 10

Lexington, KY

#3 May 17, 2012
Wilson also put a 2% raise in the budget for the department heads, which already make more than the county workers which haven't had a raise in years. Equipment is falling apart because "it cost to much to keep everything up", yet there seems to be plenty of money when certain people want something. We need local people in these positions taking care of the Garrard County People intest of their own pockets.
Need to change

United States

#4 May 17, 2012
Wilson showed his true underlying interests. Fred Simpson has the right to ask for the salary. We elected him to represent us. Mick started out with a 50k salary and in few years he is now 68k and no telling the fringes. Do the Math - over a 35% raise. What a secret wilson has kept sounds like we have a carpetbagger at the the expense of we Garrard Countians. No vote for Mick - nor wilson. Time to stand up Garrard County.
No faith

United States

#7 May 20, 2012
When are fiscal court meetings? they must be a secret. They should be at night for working people. Thanks magistrates for doing your job. We don't have a judge (wilson) doing his. He is elected to present all the people not his buddies. He won't be elected long. This is one thing we Garrard countians won't stand for is lying and paddin his pocket with no results. I can't wait for election day to not vote for mick and then wilson.
Old Timer

Flemingsburg, KY

#8 May 20, 2012
No faith wrote:
When are fiscal court meetings? they must be a secret. They should be at night for working people. Thanks magistrates for doing your job. We don't have a judge (wilson) doing his. He is elected to present all the people not his buddies. He won't be elected long. This is one thing we Garrard countians won't stand for is lying and paddin his pocket with no results. I can't wait for election day to not vote for mick and then wilson.
You hear this kind of talk but Garrard County keeps voting in the same people in year after year. Mick will probably win and Wilson is judge for as long as her wants to be. Never voted Napier out!
No faith

Hollywood, FL

#9 May 21, 2012
Old timer, you are probably right. However, you don't lose faith. Someday, someone else will win. The county has continued to go down, down, down. As a long time Garrard Countian, I am embarrassed about our county. It is unbelievable that people still believe in our political jerks- as well as our little newspaper that continues to write their side. This will help much in educating the people that we are going no where with wilson, mick, and others. we went nowhere but down with
Napier.
enchanted

Lexington, KY

#10 May 21, 2012
It sounds like to me the magistrates are at fault. Someone has been given a raise every year & the magistrates are just now noticing it? Do they not read the budget? Some real winners here.
Con Artist

Lexington, KY

#11 Jun 5, 2012
Wilson still determined to keep his best bud Mick on county payroll and take folks taxes to pay him over $70,000...simply amazing...did he not read the election results a couple of weeks ago? Lon and John got Mick beat...I guess they owe him the big salary. Hope our magistrates can keep it from happening....doubt it though. He will manipulate them and get his way.
unbelievable

Lexington, KY

#12 Jun 5, 2012
Yep and he has even got poor old dumb Brenda and her "pack" willing to throw in $10,000...I thought Mick's wife was on the council. No money for Jaycee Park they say or city roads needing blacktop but let's take care of Wilson's boy. This dude is great at promoting things for sure-especially himself.
Need for change

United States

#13 Jun 6, 2012
Wilson will have opposition next election; we are going to make sure of this fact. He needs to start selling his home - maybe Irwin Realty will take care of this. Oh I am sure Mick's appointed wife on the city council voted for his salary. What a conflict of interest! Wake up council!
retired

Nicholasville, KY

#14 Jun 6, 2012
Does Ollie spend more time on Topix or Tea bags? Great at both!
Huh

United States

#15 Jun 7, 2012
No faith wrote:
Old timer, you are probably right. However, you don't lose faith. Someday, someone else will win. The county has continued to go down, down, down. As a long time Garrard Countian, I am embarrassed about our county. It is unbelievable that people still believe in our political jerks- as well as our little newspaper that continues to write their side. This will help much in educating the people that we are going no where with wilson, mick, and others. we went nowhere but down with
Napier.
Where have you been living? Have you looked around town? Have you read the newspaper? Get a life, pal. You're obvioulsy in with the redneck click who will never be satisfied with anything that anybody does no matter who they are.

As a lifelong Garrard Countian myself, I'm ashamed of how some of you act. We ought to welcome people and business into our county. What do you have to say to the 5,000+ people who have moved here over the last 20 years? That their opinions, votes, and taxes don't matter because they haven't lived here their whole life? That kind of backward, redneck mentality is why this county is in the shape its in.
Smarty

Nicholasville, KY

#16 Jun 7, 2012
enchanted wrote:
It sounds like to me the magistrates are at fault. Someone has been given a raise every year & the magistrates are just now noticing it? Do they not read the budget? Some real winners here.
AMEN TO THIS!!!!!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lancaster Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Johnathan shell 1 hr Great guy 1
Deleted threads 11 hr I know u 34
Ashley Mcqueary 12 hr Haha 2
Girl at rons tobacco store 21 hr Bubbles8989 3
amber zabala (frith) (May '10) Sat zodiac 3
drug test Fri DUH 2
edwin bull preston Fri redneckmamachevy 9
Lancaster Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web